Author Topic: Club Nintendo reminder  (Read 6700 times)

maximo310

Re: Club Nintendo reminder
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2014, 08:44:35 pm »
An accessory would be nice. Something that's not a pack of playing cards  ::) http://vgcollect.com/item/35592
I happened to get that back when I got platinum in 2012, since that was the best of the bunch for platinum prizes. It's not a really great prize, I mean the only thing I did with these was bring them to school and play some poker with friends during religion class. Those were fun times.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2014, 09:27:15 pm »
I really hope its some unique Amiibo. Most of the rewards lately have been pretty pathetic.

What is an Amiibo?

abe

« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2014, 09:39:11 pm »
I really hope its some unique Amiibo. Most of the rewards lately have been pretty pathetic.

What is an Amiibo?

They're basically Nintendo's version of Skylanders or Disney Infinity toys. Nintendo announced them back at E3. They're little figurines that do... stuff. Amiibo will be supported by various Nintendo games, rather than just one. Super Smash Bros on the WiiU is supposed to eventually be compatible with them.

If you want more details/a better explanation, here's Nintendo's official page on Amiibo:
http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:42:11 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2014, 09:46:23 pm »
Amibos are dumb things to make people pay too much for DLC they don't want and get hooked into trying to "catch 'em all" and I hate them and will definitely have to buy any Metroid or Zelda ones they put out.  >:(

Stupid Nintendo.  :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2014, 09:53:37 pm »
Amibos are dumb things to make people pay too much for DLC they don't want and get hooked into trying to "catch 'em all" and I hate them and will definitely have to buy any Metroid or Zelda ones they put out.  >:(

Stupid Nintendo.  :P

I-it-it's like uh... physical copies of DLC! Yeah! Who doesn't like having physical copies of everything, right? That's how I'm going to justify spending too much money on those silly things! :P
Seriously though, any Fire Emblem or Earthbound related Amiibo are insta-buys for me.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2014, 10:02:44 pm »
Oh. No. I don't want an Amiibo. I'm not into the figure-gaming thing. I mean, if it's well-made, I might use it as a statue on my game shelf. But that's about it.

« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2014, 10:10:36 pm »
Oh. No. I don't want an Amiibo. I'm not into the figure-gaming thing. I mean, if it's well-made, I might use it as a statue on my game shelf. But that's about it.

That's basically what they'll end up being to a lot of people.  The actual use of them seems okay and kinda interesting, but I doubt I'd get into it too much, I just think they are cool figurines lol

abe

« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2014, 10:11:28 pm »

I'm not into the figure gaming thing either. I have no interest whatsoever in Skylanders or Disney Infinity. The characters are the only things about the Amiibo that interest me. I'll probably end up buying a few, like yourself, only if they end up being well-made. From what I've seen, they look pretty good, though some look a wee bit fragile.

« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2014, 10:42:02 pm »
if i can get a link and then put him on the controller and play as link in mariokart i'm game.

pacpix

« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2014, 10:44:55 pm »
if i can get a link and then put him on the controller and play as link in mariokart i'm game.
Currently I am not very interested at all, but this would convince me to buy them.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

soera

« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2014, 12:27:11 am »
Oh, you dont have to preach to me about buying interactive figures. I have well over 100 Skylander figures and its annoying to keep buying them. But if the platinum reward is some limited Amiibo, I will be pretty happy. It has to be better than a lot of the last couple year's rewards.

« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2014, 12:28:58 am »

I'd buy 2! I don't think that's how these figures are gonna work at all, but would be cool lol

soera

« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2014, 01:44:44 am »
Here's an intro pic to the Amiibo. I already want Link, Zelda, Samus, Pit, the Fire Emblem guy, and if all the characters from SSB are going to become an Amiibo, I have a lot more Im going to be after.