Author Topic: Trophies & Achievments Thread  (Read 2044 times)

BBowles

Re: Trophies & Achievments Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2014, 12:10:05 am »
Here's another question - what's the closest you've come to getting a plat without actually finishing it up?

That's another good question -and- one with an easy answer, for me.

Absolutely, the HD re-master of FFX for the PS3.

I'm pretty sure that I stopped at upwards of 95% completion!

Why?!

Because Dodging-Lightning & Racing Choco-Ho's just...stopped being fun & started to feel more like work than a game.

So that's *MY* line-in-the-sand = when it stops being FUN = it's time to stop  8)

I HATED those two events in the original, but I completed them then..so I'm sure I'll suffer through it again when I get started on the remake. But yea, I can't blame anyone for ignoring those 2 lol.

argyle

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 12:12:49 am »
As someone who has xboxachievements.com as his homepage, I am a big fan of the idea behind achievements/platinums, though some can be really annoying. Mainly, the multiplayer ones. I don't even mind the grinding achievements, but mp achievements, especially the ones that require teamwork, are a pain in my rear :P I posted in the other thread about 100% completions, but I think I'm at around 62 plats/100% achievement games. Of course, my Xbox 360 shows 87 completed, but its including games that have added dlc since I last played them.

As far as my most proud, that would be between 2 EXTREMELY GRINDY achievements.

Proudest single achievement would be Gears of War 3 - Seriously 3.0 (I don't know the exact number of hours, but its easily 1000+ and 1 console's life)

Proudest 100% would be Star Ocean: The Last Hope (right around 650 hours on my save files, although I did miss a single treasure chest halfway through my initial playthrough and had to start a new game to get it).

Currently working on Titanfall (both on 360 and One), though I don't really consider it work as I love the game.

Needless to say, I'm definitely a fan of achievements.

That's awesome, but I definitely don't have the attention span to play one game that long.  :P  My most hours played games last gen would be stuff like Xenoblade & Skyrim, with around 130 hours (give or take) each.  Granted, as much as I loved Xenoblade I probably would have played it even more if it had trophies. ;)

From your list in the other thread, I'm curious - as a huge PSO fan who *hated* PSU - how long did that 100% take you??  :o
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

BBowles

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 05:53:27 pm »
As someone who has xboxachievements.com as his homepage, I am a big fan of the idea behind achievements/platinums, though some can be really annoying. Mainly, the multiplayer ones. I don't even mind the grinding achievements, but mp achievements, especially the ones that require teamwork, are a pain in my rear :P I posted in the other thread about 100% completions, but I think I'm at around 62 plats/100% achievement games. Of course, my Xbox 360 shows 87 completed, but its including games that have added dlc since I last played them.

As far as my most proud, that would be between 2 EXTREMELY GRINDY achievements.

Proudest single achievement would be Gears of War 3 - Seriously 3.0 (I don't know the exact number of hours, but its easily 1000+ and 1 console's life)

Proudest 100% would be Star Ocean: The Last Hope (right around 650 hours on my save files, although I did miss a single treasure chest halfway through my initial playthrough and had to start a new game to get it).

Currently working on Titanfall (both on 360 and One), though I don't really consider it work as I love the game.

Needless to say, I'm definitely a fan of achievements.

That's awesome, but I definitely don't have the attention span to play one game that long.  :P  My most hours played games last gen would be stuff like Xenoblade & Skyrim, with around 130 hours (give or take) each.  Granted, as much as I loved Xenoblade I probably would have played it even more if it had trophies. ;)

From your list in the other thread, I'm curious - as a huge PSO fan who *hated* PSU - how long did that 100% take you??  :o

PSU didn't take long at all honestly. The original 1000 points were literally just story-related achievements.

The remaining 250 was for killing bosses in the online expansion pack (which required a subscription as well). Thankfully, they did a weekend event where anyone could fight the bosses (instead of having really high level requirements that would have taken 90 hours or so), so I signed up for a couple days and had some high levels run me through the boss fights really quick.

I think the online component is officially shut down at this point; if so, the dlc can't be completed. But the first 1000 is simple enough - just beat the game. I don't recall the length, but its probably 10-15 hours at most.

I'm sure I've put that much time into Skyrim, but as someone who isn't a big fan of Vampires/Werewolves, I haven't bothered with those achievements yet. I also have Xenoblade sitting on a shelf, waiting to be played. SOOO many backlogged games, especially when I spend so much time trying to complete all the achievements in them lol