Author Topic: Which one is the best?  (Read 2657 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Which one is the best?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 12:50:52 pm »
Link to the Past is a gaming masterpiece that has yet to be topped in the Zelda series. Link Between Worlds was very good, as well, but it obviously had some re-treading so it doesn't get quite the same distinction.

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 02:23:06 pm »
Link The Faces of Evil. It's a pretty challenging and funny (Intentional or not) game. A lot of people have this "terrible" game mindset and all of a sudden they play it unlike how they play any other video game so they make themselves think it's garbage when it's actually just one of those bad fun games.

Granted, it's tied with Twilight Princess.

But overall I am not a Zelda guy so I know people will hit me for saying Twilight Princess is the best.

I remember liking Twilight Princess and thought it shared some good aspects from Ocarina of Time, despite being a not a very good motion control game lol I need to go back and play it again on Gamecube.

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2014, 03:04:28 pm »
Link The Faces of Evil. It's a pretty challenging and funny (Intentional or not) game. A lot of people have this "terrible" game mindset and all of a sudden they play it unlike how they play any other video game so they make themselves think it's garbage when it's actually just one of those bad fun games.

Granted, it's tied with Twilight Princess.

But overall I am not a Zelda guy so I know people will hit me for saying Twilight Princess is the best.

I remember liking Twilight Princess and thought it shared some good aspects from Ocarina of Time, despite being a not a very good motion control game lol I need to go back and play it again on Gamecube.
I actually liked the mix of motion control and non motion control. my preference though.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

karyann

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2014, 04:02:43 pm »
Twilight Princess is definitely my favourite one. I just loved the story so much, and the part where you could go all sneaky in the Goblin village, sniping them with your bow... Oh damn that was awesome! Some people hate it because it's darker, but I loved pretty much everything from that game. Midna has got to be one of my favourite Zelda characters ever. And being a wolf is really fun. And... wow, so much stuff! For the records, I played on the Wii and found it awesome.

Coming right after I'd say Skyward Sword, but I'm still not far enough in the game to say it's 100% sure. The only motion problem I'm having is the "forward piercing hit". Otherwise, I don't really like having to move my wrist all the time, but I still love the rest, and especially the story once again.

I absolutely LOVE Link's Awakening, but as it's portable, it's unfair to compare it to the other consoles. Thinking about it, I could easily rank portables ones in my own preferences:

1. Link's Awakening
2. Oracle of Ages/Seasons
3. Minish Cap
4. Phantom Hourglass
5. Spirit Tracks

I hate the last 2. Spirit Tracks a little bit more than Phantom Hourglass, but both were a pain in the butt for me.

soera

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2014, 05:08:21 pm »
3. Minish Cap

This one I want to try. I bought it but havent had time for it. Whats your thought on it?

pacpix

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2014, 07:02:03 pm »
Ocarina of Time is my favorite Zelda game as well as my favorite game.  I play through it once or twice every year and still have a lot of fun with it.  Zelda II and Link to the Past follow closely behind on my list. While Zelda is my favorite series I have to agree with Karyann on Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, did not enjoy those games at all.  I still have not finished all of the games yet though, so I might eventually have a new favorite, but I doubt it.
Finished: LoZ, AoL, ALttP, OoT, FS, FSA, TMC, TP, ST, SS, ALBW
Played: LA, MM, OoS, TWW, PH
Never Played: OoA,
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2014, 07:35:19 pm »
3. Minish Cap

This one I want to try. I bought it but havent had time for it. Whats your thought on it?

Sorry, not answering for him, but answering as fellow fan of the game.

I freaking loved it! It felt like the SNES sequel we never got. Very similar gameplay, but in a much larger world with lots of side stuff to do in addition to the main-quest (but don't go expecting Skyrim, or anything). Very charming style to the graphics, too. And the mini-world was a great addition and felt like more than just a gimmick tack-on. It felt like it added another world to the game, like it's own version of The Dark World.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2014, 07:52:48 pm »
Visuals- Wind Waker
Combat- Twilight Princess
Story- Majora's Mask
Items- A Link Between Worlds
Overall- A Link to the past

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2014, 08:54:52 pm »
That reminds me, I still need to beat Twilight Princess. Got to the sky temple and then leased the game to a friend who promptly lost the disc.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 12:21:56 am by badATchaos »

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 10:13:24 pm »
That reminds me, I still need to beat Twilight Princess. Got to the sky temple and then lensed the game to a friend who promptly lost the disc.

I haven't actually beaten Wind Waker.  Played most of it at a friends place originally and I think before the last dungeon, I just never completed it lol Gives me a good reason for playing the Wind Waker HD here soon lol

karyann

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2014, 10:40:13 am »
3. Minish Cap

When I first played it, I don't know why, but I didn't like it. I put it down for a few years, then took another chance at it - and this time, I loved it. I don't know what was different between the two though, so I guess Burningdoom's comment will help you more than mine :P I don't really remember what I liked or didn't like with it, it's strangely hazy.

soera

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2014, 11:35:41 am »
I read both yours and his comments and I will probably start it as my next portable game. :)

theflea

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2014, 02:28:32 pm »
For me this is my top 5 Zelda games.

1. Link to the Past
2. A Link Between Worlds
3. Legend of Zelda
4. Ocarina of Time
5. Wind Waker

"Happy game hunting!!!"

soera

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2014, 07:11:02 pm »
I read both yours and his comments and I will probably start it as my next portable game. :)

I started it today and I can see why someone mentioned it was like Link to the past. It already seems like its going to be a fun experience!