Author Topic: Fallout 3 Windows 8 Install  (Read 1204 times)

90snostalga

Fallout 3 Windows 8 Install
« on: July 17, 2014, 01:13:33 am »
Can anyone give me any advice on how to play and launch "Fallout 3" (actual retail physical discs) correctly for PC?  I installed it on my Windows 8 and it gives an error upon launching.  I did some research that said I had to download Windows Live for Games.  I installed that on my laptop and now it launches; however, when I click "Play" it pops up with another windows asking If I want to "Install" the game like it does not recognize its installed.  Any one successfully install Fallout 3 from discs?

foxhack

Re: Fallout 3 Windows 8 Install
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 06:59:40 pm »

90snostalga

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 01:01:31 pm »
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/1086/?

This should work.

Thanks Fox.  As usual, your a genius on pc gaming  :)  I think so far as a new pc gamer, thats my only complaint is the setting up of every game is so different and requires a lot of work just to get it running.

90snostalga

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 10:05:01 am »
FOX, I used that link and was able to get fallout 3 to finally load;however, after the part where it asks if you are a boy or girl and I choose boy, the game I guess freezes. Audio still works, the baby cries if I press a, but nothing happens and the game does not continue. Do you know if anything else needs to be modified in the ini file? This is the same laptop I played watch dogs on so hardware should be fine. Please let me know if you have any other solutions. 

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 05:04:16 pm »
FOX, I used that link and was able to get fallout 3 to finally load;however, after the part where it asks if you are a boy or girl and I choose boy, the game I guess freezes. Audio still works, the baby cries if I press a, but nothing happens and the game does not continue. Do you know if anything else needs to be modified in the ini file? This is the same laptop I played watch dogs on so hardware should be fine. Please let me know if you have any other solutions.

I don't, sorry. I'm stuck on Windows 7. :(