Author Topic: Desura platform  (Read 753 times)

Desura platform
« on: July 20, 2014, 02:06:50 am »
Since PC section is divided and has Steam and GOG.com platforms, I think Desura should be here as well.
It's a third big distribution platform (after mentioned Steam and GOG) and was created to distribute independent games. There is a significant amount of exclusive games, which are available only there.
Vote for The Last Dogma on Steam Greenlight
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=333138513

Sacred Line Genesis - Watermelon Edition is coming soon to your Genesis
https://sashadarko.com/sacred-line-genesis/

foxhack

Re: Desura platform
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 02:21:30 pm »
I disagree.

Desura is a storefront. You can download the games with the client, but none of their software requires the Desura client to run. You can actually download the game installation files and install the game without needing the client at all. And as far as I know, none of the games they have for sale there are exclusive to their store. Adding a separate Desura platform would just fill up the site with lots of needless duplicate versions. The Desura versions are identical to the versions sold elsewhere - it's one of the reasons why we decided we should keep the amount of supported PC digital platforms to a minimum.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 02:24:27 pm by foxhack »

teck

PRO Supporter

Re: Desura platform
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 05:33:51 am »
I disagree.

Desura is a storefront. You can download the games with the client, but none of their software requires the Desura client to run. You can actually download the game installation files and install the game without needing the client at all. And as far as I know, none of the games they have for sale there are exclusive to their store. Adding a separate Desura platform would just fill up the site with lots of needless duplicate versions. The Desura versions are identical to the versions sold elsewhere - it's one of the reasons why we decided we should keep the amount of supported PC digital platforms to a minimum.

^This....