Author Topic: Famicom Games That Were Never Released In America.  (Read 1157 times)

retroone

Famicom Games That Were Never Released In America.
« on: August 05, 2014, 12:37:02 pm »
Does anyone know of good Famicom games that weren't released in America? I know that rarer games on the NES such as Duck Tales 2 and Gun-Nac are cheaper on the Famicom. I have been told that Wai Wai World and Holy Diver were good but still have yet to hit purchase on eBay. Does anyone have advice on that?

doafan

Re: Famicom Games That Were Never Released In America.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 01:42:13 pm »
There are a lot of good games but my favorite one without a doubt is the Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti it's really a shame that this game was never released here, give it a try and you will be pleased, trust me  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

retroone

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 02:04:10 pm »
There are a lot of good games but my favorite one without a doubt is the Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti it's really a shame that this game was never released here, give it a try and you will be pleased, trust me  ;D

That one has been on my Wish List for a while just I could never find it for the right price :-\

doafan

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 08:22:28 pm »
Am gonna purchase my copy of this game at Mexico for less than 40 bucks, but this will have to wait until this next month anyway you should consider the Akumajō Special: Boku Dracula-kun, this one is pure awesome too, but the bad part is that the bonus levels are in Japanese so you'll gonna need to understand this language to enjoy it at 100%  :P

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 12:21:47 am »
DEZAEMON - An arcade space shooter with a unique twist. You can create the shooter from scratch. Cell animation, enemies, music, sound, the works.

Super Mario 2 - (a version of this was released in the SNES "Super Mario All-Stars" and dubbed "The Lost Levels". But it was modified significantly from the Japan version to be "easier". This was technically an FDS game.

The entire Famicom Disk System library.

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 08:37:59 pm »
There too many games to count that didn't come to the west.

If you're a Gundam or Dragon Ball / Dragon Ball Z, Ultraman, Doraemon fan you got a whole library right there. A lot of anime related stuff never can over here because most of them werent airing in the States or else where at the time.

Anyhow, here's a list of notable games in no particular order:

Yume Penguin Monogatari
Devil World
Bird Week
Binary Land
Nazo no Murasame Jo
Crisis Force
Battle City
Star Wars (by Namco)
Nuts & Milk
Door Door
Mappy
Flappy
Akumajo Special: Boku Dracula-kun
Doki Doki Panic
Super Mario Bros. 2 (Eventually came via Mario All-Stars)
Famicom Grand Prix II: 3D Hot Rally
Armadillo
Famicom Wars
Mother
Fire Emblem
Famicom Basic (not a game, but sweet hardware)
Ganbare Goemon series (Mystic Ninja series)
Tower of Druaga
Wagyan Land series
Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 08:42:04 pm by badATchaos »