Author Topic: DOS Games  (Read 3058 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: DOS Games
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 11:59:09 am »
Nice  :D  I got me a good DOS wish list going now.  Any good racing games for DOS?

Didn't you just make a big post about having to get rid of your collection?

90snostalga

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 02:22:42 pm »
Nice  :D  I got me a good DOS wish list going now.  Any good racing games for DOS?

I said I may have to but wasn't sure yet. I'm trying to work arrangements out to where I can store them some where for free with a family member. I'm trying not to make any quick decisions that I may regret so I don't know yet. I'm waiting on some things to play out.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2014, 03:44:17 pm »

I said I may have to but wasn't sure yet. I'm trying to work arrangements out to where I can store them some where for free with a family member. I'm trying not to make any quick decisions that I may regret so I don't know yet. I'm waiting on some things to play out.

Definitely understandable.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2014, 06:22:05 pm »

The first few NFS PC games were pretty damn good. Way better than the console versions:

Need for Speed
Need for Speed 2 SE
Need for Speed 3 Hot Pursuit

NFS 2 SE was cool because it had different modes for the physics and tons of easter eggs.

For example you can race as a T-Rex parade float that can go 400mph, weighs 9,000 lbs, and sends cars rolling over for miles on impact.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:29:02 pm by dashv »

pacpix

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 03:14:44 am »
Don't forget Need For Speed: High Stakes on that list!  The early NFS games were fantastic on PC.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 07:50:48 pm »
I'm new here and this is my first post..but I must absolutely recommend Maniac Mansion! First game I ever played as a kid on my dad's old computer and it's remained one of my favorites thru the years.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 01:16:03 am »
I'm new here and this is my first post..but I must absolutely recommend Maniac Mansion! First game I ever played as a kid on my dad's old computer and it's remained one of my favorites thru the years.

Yes. Check out Maniac Mansion Deluxe!