Author Topic: August 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 29241 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: August 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2014, 02:37:31 pm »
I want a top-loader because I'm sick of messing with the blinkies on my NES, even after replacing the 72-pin connector. But at the same time, I've heard that it doesn't have A/V hook-ups, which I don't like. Not sure it's worth biting the bullet or not, because they are a bit pricier.

bobster

« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2014, 02:48:16 pm »
I have both kinds burning, and I must say, I use my toaster primarily. On a HD TV especially, you really do need the A/V ports on the side. The top loader is way more reliable, but on a HD TV the coax connection introduces too much lag for me.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2014, 03:16:05 pm »
Been meaning to pick up this game for awhile now, so for a late run at the flea market, decided to finally grab it.  I'm curious if the guns and destruction still hold up, because it was so good when it came out.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2014, 05:53:21 pm »
I have both kinds burning, and I must say, I use my toaster primarily. On a HD TV especially, you really do need the A/V ports on the side. The top loader is way more reliable, but on a HD TV the coax connection introduces too much lag for me.

Do you have your coax input in game mode?  I had to set mine to game mode for every input I game with.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 11:17:58 pm by dashv »

spac316

« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2014, 06:04:25 pm »
Bought Toe Jam & Earl: Panic on Funkotron and Shove-it! for Genesis and Tetris(CiB) for NES!

abe

« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2014, 08:21:19 pm »
Got some cheap Wii games today.
-Baroque
-Castlevania Judgement
-Wario Land: Shake It!
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

bobster

« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2014, 09:04:09 pm »

Do you have your coax input in game mode?  I had to set mine to game mode fire every input I game with.
Hmm that's a good question. I'm trying to think of if my TV has that setting. Either way, I haven't had any problem with the A/V outputs on the toaster  ;D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2014, 10:01:06 pm »
I want a top-loader because I'm sick of messing with the blinkies on my NES, even after replacing the 72-pin connector. But at the same time, I've heard that it doesn't have A/V hook-ups, which I don't like. Not sure it's worth biting the bullet or not, because they are a bit pricier.

You can stop the blinking on an (original) NES by disabling the lock-out chip. All you need is a screwdriver and pliers or wire-cutters.
Funny enough the downgraded 101 was actually an upgrade for Japan. Their 101 had the modern SNES/N64/GCN composite out. The original Famicom only had coax so there was actually a point in getting the "AV" Famicom.

In my opinion it's really not worth getting at market value.  If you can get a decent deal on one... sure. The pluses is that it's physically a lot smaller and it's easier to load games into it. The negative thing is that there's no RCA/composite. Only Coax. (Unless you're talking about the Japanese version) The other issue is that there's basically no easy way to change the 72-pin slot if you ever wanted to. With that said they don't wear much because of its design.

foxhack

« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2014, 10:50:10 pm »
I bought a demo PC CD! ... I know, right?

(Novalogic PC CD sampler - not my pic)

I was looking at some stuff at the flea market when a seller dumped a bunch of stuff that I wanted to buy to resell. The stuff I saw ended up being unsellable, but this was underneath, it's a sampler CD with two demos and a trio of songs by "hot new artists" from Rubber Records. And by "hot new artists" I mean "I have no idea who these guys are."

So this is basically another thing for my oddity collection. It cost me $1 because I told the seller it was a music CD. Which it technically is. XD

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2014, 11:32:32 pm »
I already own this one but for 50 cents with case, CD, and manual I wasn't going to pass it up.

If any Wii owners here want to trade me something for it hit me with a pm. I know it's not worth a lot  but it is a good little game. Willing to trade for something in the same league.

It's the only decent deal I found out at the yard sales today.

Passed on a $50 original Xbox with $10 a piece crap games.

Passed on a Tony Hawk game with board. Passed on numerous sports titles.

« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2014, 11:16:58 am »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2014, 12:22:24 pm »

Nice I skipped ultimate cause it's basically them fixing the busted to hell DOA5 which I already had the misfortune of buying one year earlier.

My son loves Minecraft on the PS3.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 06:00:18 pm by dashv »

« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2014, 02:53:34 pm »

Nice I skipped ultimate cause it's basically them fixing the busted to hell DOA5 which I already had the misfortune of buying on year earlier.

My son loves Minecraft on the PS3.

I got minecraft for my girl. she loves it. i dont get it. lol

theflea

« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2014, 02:20:58 am »
picked up a bunch of sport games I didn't have at a local book store for .50c a piece.

PS2
- ESPN NBA 2Night
- ESPN College Hoops
- NHL 07
- NBA 2K7
- Cabela's Deer Hunt 2005 Season
- Karaoke Revolution
- Dance Factory

XB
- MVP Baseball 2004
- Madden NFL 2005
- ESPN College Hoops 2K5
- NCAA Football 06
- NCAA Football 07

and then i stopped at a local used game store and picked up these.

Wii
- Walk It Out! (This game always appears on everyone's rarest Wii games list, so when I saw it for $14 i figured better safe then sorry and grabbed it.)

PS2
- Disgaea: Hour of Darkness ($10)

I didn't take pic's because I really didn't think that most of this was anything that special.
Sorry I've been slacking on the My 8-Bit reviews, my personal life has been nothing but busy lately. 
"Happy game hunting!!!"

blipcs76

« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2014, 10:26:27 am »
Nothing too great this weekend.  For $22 I picked up the following:

GBA SP (onyx) with 6 games
Playstation 1 with 2 games
XBox (Batman Dark Tomorrow and The Stuffering: The Ties that Bind -- loose discs)

Nothing great to speak of, just pretty common titles.  GBA came with F-Zero at least.