Author Topic: My 60gb PS3 Fat Preservation Project.  (Read 47541 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: My 60gb PS3 Fat Preservation Project.
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2017, 03:43:18 am »
Hmmmn. No idea about the liquid metal pads. Never heard of them until now.

I had to experiment with a bunch of different methods of applying the thermal paste until I got fan behavior I was willing to settle for.

I did scrape every bit of paste off of the gpu memory and core unsung an old junk credit card. It took me over an hour but it's worth it. What's probably happening is the heat sink may not be sitting perfectly flush with the core because the memory chips aren't perfectly flat with the previous paste residue still on them.

For the plastic wrap it's pretty straight forward. Put a pea sized dot down then put wrap over it and press down until it's smushed out across the entire core. Then reassemble everything.

Also, make sure you screw the board into the casing.

You don't need to put the whole case back together (I never have). But you do need to screw the board back down into the case to ensure the whole heat sink assembly is applying enough pressure to maintain good contact.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 03:45:33 am by dashv »

rayne315

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2017, 09:06:11 pm »
hey all. I just booted up my fat ps3 and the sound no longer works for games. but it works on the game previews and the menu screens. befor anyone asks I tried this on 3 different games so I know its not the games. does anyone know a fix?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

rayne315

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2017, 05:32:38 pm »
hey all. I just booted up my fat ps3 and the sound no longer works for games. but it works on the game previews and the menu screens. befor anyone asks I tried this on 3 different games so I know its not the games. does anyone know a fix?

Please ignore the request above.... my dumb ass self didn't realize the hdmi cable I was using was kinked in a way that destroyed some the the wires. swapped to a new hdmi cord and the sound started functioning properly.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully