Author Topic: Dreamcast Issues  (Read 1144 times)

tafk

PRO Supporter

Dreamcast Issues
« on: August 12, 2014, 10:25:23 am »
Hey all, this isn't your typical Dreamcast issues today, at least I don't believe so. I have dealt with the laser failure in the past however I have a new Dreamcast that does read every disc. Here is the problem, when playing a game sometimes the Dreamcast will lose picture with the TV for a second or two (really frustrating when playing MvC2). I can usually deal with it but yesterday it happened on said game and after coming back it completely reset the console. Does anyone have any idea what this problem could be or anywhere you could point me to help getting this solved? I love my Dreamcast and I would hate to see another one go by the wayside. Thanks in advance all!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Dreamcast Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 03:59:05 pm »
I'm not expert on these things. But I would imagine that would be a problem with the A/V Cords or the A/V port.

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 02:00:54 am »
Might be a bad cap. Open it up and check the board for failures.

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 03:07:27 am »
modern tv or old crt? This just start happening? try on a different tv set maybe? I know some LCD panels are more sensitive to weak A/V signals.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 10:33:29 am »
Kinda reviving old threads y'll haha. I haven't had time really recently to look into the problem. The dreamcast was plugged in directly, it was a new TV and I haven't opened it up yet even. I'll take a look into my repair setup and tinker with it after I graduate and I'll update y'all.