Author Topic: Hideo Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro, Norman Reedus, Silent Hill  (Read 1402 times)

Hideo Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro, Norman Reedus, Silent Hill
« on: August 12, 2014, 08:22:38 pm »
That might just seems like a mish mash of pop culture right now, but that actually means that there is a brand new Silent Hill game coming, designed by Hideo Kojima, directed by Guillermo Del Toro, starring Norman Reedus.  If you want to turn a series around, that's how you freaking do it lol

http://www.destructoid.com/the-next-silent-hill-is-coming-from-hideo-kojima-guillermo-del-toro-279512.phtml

argyle

Re: Hideo Kojima, Guillermo Del Toro, Norman Reedus, Silent Hill
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 10:07:39 pm »
Playing P.T. now, it is amazing.  Probably the most unsettling thing I've ever played.  I am beyond hyped for this, I had given up on Silent Hill and now it looks like it's coming back with a vengeance!  :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 10:53:40 pm »
Playing P.T. now, it is amazing.  Probably the most unsettling thing I've ever played.  I am beyond hyped for this, I had given up on Silent Hill and now it looks like it's coming back with a vengeance!  :D

I'm watching someones playthrough of P.T. since I don't have a PS4 and plus I'd probably not like P.T. too much since I don't like pure spook games with no combat or action to it, but it is super duper creepy and it's impressive the detail they are putting into that.

This is some impressive viral marketing though.  I was gonna question it being kind of a detail oriented FPS teaser, but they did say something about that at the end which would mean it'll likely still be a third person type game.  They got the creep factor down though.

bobster

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 08:26:07 am »
I'm pretty pumped for this news! Those are definitely some heavy hitters they brought on. If anyone knows how to do atmosphere, it's them two.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

GrooDWanderer

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 07:23:34 pm »
I was surprised that I didn't hear anything about this demo before seeing this playthrough of it. It literally made me jump. Freaked me out!!! Also, I'm glad that Xonevant from SquareOneGames doesn't scream like a girl the way other more popular YouTuber "males" do. I can't stand that. I wouldn't have watched half of it if he had.
As dangerous as a stampede of cattle...and almost as smart.

doafan

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 10:27:28 am »
Damn hope that they add as an unblockable of course the crossbow, Darryl's favorite weapon  :o

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

blipcs76

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 09:43:15 am »
Looks amazing.  My wife (and myself) are huge Guillermo Del Toro fans, so this is a big incentive to get a PS4.  If PS4 was backwards compatible with PS3, I'd buy one immediately.

Speaking of terrifying games, I've been watching people on Youtube do playthroughs of Five Nights at Freddy's.  So, damn, freaky.  Imagine if Night Trap took place in a kid's pizzeria with the freakiest animatronic animals you can imagine.

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 01:29:40 pm »
Looks amazing.  My wife (and myself) are huge Guillermo Del Toro fans, so this is a big incentive to get a PS4.  If PS4 was backwards compatible with PS3, I'd buy one immediately.

Speaking of terrifying games, I've been watching people on Youtube do playthroughs of Five Nights at Freddy's.  So, damn, freaky.  Imagine if Night Trap took place in a kid's pizzeria with the freakiest animatronic animals you can imagine.

I'd hate to play that game, but it is very creepy lol

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 12:07:59 am »

I too enjoy the work of Del Toro. Kojima is more of a one trick pony to me. The wife and I love "The Walking Dead" series.
This game will be on "the get" list for sure.

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 11:05:21 am »
I'm kind of iffy about Guillermo Del Toro being involved in Silent Hill. A lot of his latest work has been crap because he's been relying too much on special effects and neglecting story and characters.