Author Topic: Listings for Pokemon HG/SS  (Read 1631 times)

woahsweetgreyphix

Listings for Pokemon HG/SS
« on: June 04, 2015, 10:59:28 pm »
I'm having some confusion with the listings for Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver versions. To my knowledge the only version released in NA was the version with the Pokewalker bundle. That meant that the DS case that has the game was by default "not for resale", since it came in larger box which had the barcode

That being said, I see two listings for the game: one for the not for resale vesion, and a regular listing. Should these be combined? Or was there a separate release without the Pokewalker that just had a standard barcode? These is also not listing for the bundle from what I can see. Just for the games

Regular (notice how the art still has the Pokewalker in the corner) http://vgcollect.com/item/5363

Not for resale version: http://vgcollect.com/item/21336

Sorry if this is a confusing post! It was confusing to me too haha  ;D

abe

Re: Listings for Pokemon HG/SS
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 11:29:53 am »
Looks to me like they're the exact same thing but somebody that bought theirs used without the big Pokewalker box wasn't aware that there's no difference between the two and ended up making a separate entry.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

woahsweetgreyphix

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 02:56:22 pm »
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I was just wondering if they did release it in just a standard DS case without the extra box and Pokewalker. Thanks man  :D

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 03:16:59 pm »
Look to me that they should be seperate, as there are 2 different back covers. So 2 different versions are released.

woahsweetgreyphix

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 03:29:32 pm »
Look to me that they should be seperate, as there are 2 different back covers. So 2 different versions are released.

I was thinking that too; I think that back cover from the standard version is from the big box, which had the not for resale version inside.

If you look really closely you'll see that the "regular" one http://vgcollect.com/item/5363 has a scan that appears to be from the box, while the back art on the not for resale version http://vgcollect.com/item/21336 has elements of the DS case on it (notice the case outline around the box, and the white DS label along the top right) It could be the way the items were scanned though, so you could be right.

Also, I just realized that the back arts are different if you compare them side to side. Seems to me that one is really from the big box and one is from the actual DS case

EDIT: Also, the NFR version does not have the right front art. The "Polkewalker included" notice was only on the big box, not the DS case

« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 03:32:44 pm by woahsweetgreyphix »

abe

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 07:44:51 pm »
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I was just wondering if they did release it in just a standard DS case without the extra box and Pokewalker. Thanks man  :D

I'm almost 100% certain they were never sold separately from the big box with the Pokewalker (when they were new and sealed).

The art from the second listing you linked just appears to be an incorrect mixing of art from the large outer box and from the actual DS case.

woahsweetgreyphix

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 12:09:18 am »

I'm almost 100% certain they were never sold separately from the big box with the Pokewalker (when they were new and sealed).

The art from the second listing you linked just appears to be an incorrect mixing of art from the large outer box and from the actual DS case.

My thoughts exactly haha

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 04:58:16 am »
I also looked at other sites, and they also have both.

comparing pictures to see if its a DS case is to difficult. Some include the case, some don't :-\

woahsweetgreyphix

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 10:34:43 pm »
Yeah, that is a good point  :-\ I guess if anyone can find/ has a copy of HG/SS that has a barcode on the actual DS case my question will be answered!

abe

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 12:03:30 am »
I also looked at other sites, and they also have both.

comparing pictures to see if its a DS case is to difficult. Some include the case, some don't :-\

The other sites could just be wrong as well. :-\

foxhack

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2015, 01:26:07 pm »
We sometimes allow people to list separate, unbundled versions of games. I don't like it, but it happens so all we can do is try to contain the damage. :P

Incidentally here's scans of the outer back box and the inner clamshell. The scan set was provided by a single user, so it's legit.

Here's all the scan sets listed at MobyGames.

woahsweetgreyphix

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 04:26:48 pm »
We sometimes allow people to list separate, unbundled versions of games. I don't like it, but it happens so all we can do is try to contain the damage. :P

Yeah, I think even if you removed the listing for the not for resale version, someone else would probably make another entry to replace it  :P

foxhack

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 04:42:55 pm »
It also makes sense up to a point. How many people here have console pack-in games listed separately from the consoles? Super Mario / Duck Hunt, the Sonics, the Dreamcast games, and so on. I have a few bundle versions of games that were included with computer hardware listed, too.

woahsweetgreyphix

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2015, 06:09:00 pm »
Yeah, console pack-in games make sense - I view that as a separate version from the official release. In HG/SS's case, the Pokewalker pack-in version is the official release; there are no other releases -  that I know of anyway  :o