Author Topic: New Mario Kart DLC packs, new courses, and Characters.  (Read 2193 times)

blipcs76

Re: New Mario Kart DLC packs, new courses, and Characters.
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 11:05:13 am »
How does it work you guys?  I've never used DLC.  Is it possible I can buy a DLC disc from Gamestop and install it on my Wii U?  I'm asking because I don't have internet to connect my Wii U system to, to download it.

You could always take your WiiU with you to somewhere that has WiFi and download it while you're there while playing games on it.  And you'd be awesome playing Mario Kart 8 in public.  Each pack is 1GB though, so it might take awhile to download.

blipcs76

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 11:07:38 am »
This is an amazing deal.  While I'm not a fan of digital content, they're giving you a ton of bang for your buck:

For $12 you get:

16 new tracks (which boosts the total number of tracks in the game by 50%)
6 new characters
8 new carts

And LINK is a playable character now!  This totally opens up the door to other characters, tracks from other franchises, etc.

karyann

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 01:12:36 pm »
Is it possible to pre-order the DLCs without owning the game? Do they check for the save file on your system? I don't have MK8 yet, but I eventually will, and the DLCs are pretty cool. I want the bundle and yoshi colors  :P

bobster

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 01:19:33 pm »
Is it possible to pre-order the DLCs without owning the game? Do they check for the save file on your system? I don't have MK8 yet, but I eventually will, and the DLCs are pretty cool. I want the bundle and yoshi colors  :P
I don't think it actually checks anything, but the shop does pop up with a warning that you must own the game.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

karyann

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 01:35:51 pm »
I don't think it actually checks anything, but the shop does pop up with a warning that you must own the game.

I wonder if it's because they absolutely want you to pay for the game first, or to make sure that people don't buy the DLC while thinking it's a standalone game. I'll have to try tonight!

bobster

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 01:41:24 pm »

I wonder if it's because they absolutely want you to pay for the game first, or to make sure that people don't buy the DLC while thinking it's a standalone game. I'll have to try tonight!
I'd assume the later. It's just a button you press that says OK lol. Being that you can get the game on disk, I'd imagine they'd have no way of actually verifying you've paid for the game before hand.

kevininja

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2014, 01:10:15 pm »
A Excitebike inspired track will be included in DLC Pack 1  :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ7yVvxk8Q4

bobster

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2014, 01:20:18 pm »
Oh man, I'm loving the music on the Excitebike track. Can't wait for that to come out!