Author Topic: PSP UMDs... Missing 'UMD Music' category?  (Read 1969 times)

PSP UMDs... Missing 'UMD Music' category?
« on: August 17, 2014, 09:12:30 pm »
Hi all!

Just created an account the other day, and enjoying the site so far!

I went to a Gamestop today and picked up a couple PSP items, since they'll be phasing 'em out soon. Included in that was Queen: The Making of A Night At The Opera. But as you can see, it's technically categorized as UMD Music, even though it's a UMD 'movie.'  So I was wondering 1. If we needed the new category, and 2. How we would go about getting the category put into VGcollect's system.

foxhack

Re: PSP UMDs... Missing 'UMD Music' category?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 09:33:40 pm »
These are UMD movies. I have one of these, but on DVD format (for a The Who album), and it's a movie. It's just a bunch of interviews with clips from songs. So, into UMD Movies it goes.

And welcome and whatnot.

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 10:40:06 pm »
Thanks! C:

I will probably just add a new entry, then, as I don't think it's logged into the site's database.

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 04:13:46 pm »
On the UMD disk itself, is there a joystick logo, a film logo or musical notes?

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 11:54:03 pm »
I am curious now, is there an icon on the UMD disk designating to be music instead of a standard movie disk?
Please take a look if you can.

BTW Queen's A Night At The Opera is the BEST album ever created by the hand of man!
Just so you know.

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 12:07:05 am »
I am curious now, is there an icon on the UMD disk designating to be music instead of a standard movie disk?

BTW Queen's A Night At The Opera is the BEST album ever created by the hand of man!
Just so you know.

According to this listing, it sure looks like it.

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 12:37:27 am »

Just so you know.

According to this listing, it sure looks like it.

Sorry guys, most of my UMDs are at home, I didn't bring them most of them to college with me, so I couldn't look at my own. >.<;

I've just listed them under videos for now(in conjunction with a different answer above). I found a Dark Side of the Moon one at my local GameStop the other day, but elected to skip it (since I was buying Danganronpa 2 and Dead Space Extraction already).

Really wish GameStop would put those UMDs on sale already! I'd love to get some complete games for dirt cheap.

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 03:12:37 pm »
If it has the notes on the disk, that means that even SONY classified it as a music UMD and not a movie/TV

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 03:19:05 pm »
If it has the notes on the disk, that means that even SONY classified it as a music UMD and not a movie/TV

But I think they're still technically movies since those UMDs are just the original DVD releases ported to the format.