Author Topic: 24-Hour Gaming Marathon  (Read 1309 times)

darko

24-Hour Gaming Marathon
« on: August 25, 2014, 11:20:23 am »
Hey peeps, we're going to be hosting a 24-hour charity event for a local charity named Hotdogs for the Homeless this weekend (August 29-30th) from 7PM CST to 7PM CST. We'll be streaming it at www.twitch.tv/retrogamersociety if you feel like making fun of me dying all the time :)

A friend and I are actually going to be streaming a bit there going forward as part of the NES Challenge - where we're going to attempt to beat every NES game. We started last night and it was pretty brutal due to my lack of current NES skills.

Some of you on VGC enjoy hearing what RGS is up to from time to time - so here it is :)

dreama1

Re: 24-Hour Gaming Marathon
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 01:39:28 pm »
Hey peeps, we're going to be hosting a 24-hour charity event for a local charity named Hotdogs for the Homeless this weekend (August 29-30th) from 7PM CST to 7PM CST. We'll be streaming it at www.twitch.tv/retrogamersociety if you feel like making fun of me dying all the time :)

A friend and I are actually going to be streaming a bit there going forward as part of the NES Challenge - where we're going to attempt to beat every NES game. We started last night and it was pretty brutal due to my lack of current NES skills.

Some of you on VGC enjoy hearing what RGS is up to from time to time - so here it is :)
Beat every NES game? You're out of your mind.

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 01:50:22 pm »
ditto

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 01:55:13 pm »
Start with Silver Surfer.

:)

darko

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 02:48:34 pm »
Ha. It is a ridiculous goal. There are a lot of games that have no real "end" (sports games, some arcade style, etc). We're just going to set the high score on those, or play through a certain amount, etc. I think it will take us about a year to get through if we do a show or two per week.

Last night we took out SMB1, 2 and 3, Kung Fu and Batman. There are going to be some real time sinks in there for sure - and we're absolutely going to use a guide for games like FF and DW1-4 (not speed run guides, but we don't want to spend 40 hours on one title). I feel like it's achievable, but it's going to take some serious dedication for sure.

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 05:18:36 pm »
Very cool I hope I don't have to work, i'd love to check this out

darko

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 05:57:23 pm »
Just a little update - we made over $3000 during the marathon! After it's all said and done we'll likely have made enough to fund the charity for an entire quarter.