Author Topic: Nintendo unveils "NEW" 3DS  (Read 4368 times)

argyle

Re: Nintendo unveils "NEW" 3DS
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2014, 02:48:13 am »
It was stated that developers can take advantage of the faster CPU. There's going to be a port of the Wii Xenoblade game that can't run on a standard 3DS/2DS; that requires the faster CPU.
So my 3DS XL won't be able to run it?

Nope.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2014, 03:24:30 am »
It was stated that developers can take advantage of the faster CPU. There's going to be a port of the Wii Xenoblade game that can't run on a standard 3DS/2DS; that requires the faster CPU.
So my 3DS XL won't be able to run it?

Nope, and this is why it is a bad decision.  It's almost slightly comparable I guess to the Game Boy Color and the Game Boy, the difference being that those were about 7 years apart.  Releasing something that is gonna basically split up your player base early in its lifespan isn't a great idea.  I want the exclusives to fail for them, so that they realize they messed up.  It doesn't seem like Nintendo learns much until they screw up and have to drastically recorrect themselves.  They seem to work better under pressure.

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2014, 08:27:40 am »
Correct

druaga

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2014, 12:33:23 pm »
I don;t understand the GBC comparison, the GBC was an (ill) though out new system with completely different specs, and was a far step up (despite, like the original GB being horrible inferior to the competition)

The New 3DS can't be compared to the 32X either. Because the New 3DS is going to cancel out the older models regardless of whether it has 100 exclusive games or 20. This revision was basically made to make t seem like a new system to extend 3DS life and play back 3DS games. While killing the original 3DS lines, and the 2DS which technically is already dead.

Most of the actual upgrade is buttons too. Power is 20% more and only maybe 10% of that will actually show, look how bad Xenoblade runs.

davifus

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2014, 12:43:18 pm »
3DS 2.5  8)
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

scott

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2014, 02:07:24 pm »
I play a lot of 3DS in bed, if I can't sleep. So if I'm propping it up on some blankets or something I can see me popping the cart out pretty easily.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

davifus

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2014, 02:09:53 pm »
I play a lot of 3DS in bed, if I can't sleep. So if I'm propping it up on some blankets or something I can see me popping the cart out pretty easily.

Duct Tape could be our solution.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

druaga

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2014, 04:38:15 pm »
I cant imagine any comfortable position playing any DS in a bed unless you are sitting up.