Author Topic: Oh Capcom. Really?!  (Read 1487 times)

ffxik

Oh Capcom. Really?!
« on: August 30, 2014, 10:07:44 pm »
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/26/capcom-suing-koei-tecmo-patent-infringement/

Read that article, it's worthy of a good round of face palming.

My take.  I know they are strapped for cash but this is asinine.  It reads like they are literally grasping at anything to remain solvent. I don't really see it going in their favor either.  Which would more than likely be the death knell for the beleaguered company. Especially if Koei/Tecmo counter sue for Capcom rather blatantly ripping of one of their franchises. 

I'm at that point that they should sell their franchises and just dry up and die.  We remember this company for what they were, not what they have become.  We don't need the present incarnation anymore.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 10:10:44 pm by ffxik »

davifus

Re: Oh Capcom. Really?!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 11:31:15 pm »
Man, what is up with all these lawsuits from these gaming companies... Why cant we all live in peace. :'( :'( :'(
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 02:20:12 am »
Capcom pulling an Apple?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 11:23:27 am »
Man, what is up with all these lawsuits from these gaming companies... Why cant we all live in peace. :'( :'( :'(

It's nothing new. These have been going on since the days of Pong.

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 08:47:03 pm »
The best thing Capcom could do right now is sell some of their IPs to Platinum games.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 08:55:35 pm »
Capcom pulling an Apple?
what was it Apple sued for? ...Oh yeah the shape of a rectangle

90snostalga

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 09:02:40 pm »
Capcom pulling an Apple?

Please tell me this is sarcasm lol  :D  is it true?  ???

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 09:15:00 pm »
Capcom pulling an Apple?

it's true
http://www.forbes.com/sites/edblack/2012/08/08/apple-samsung-rights-to-rectangles/

also since no one has mentioned it, SNK is Suing Square Enix  because they used the King of Fighter name in a manga they publish without their consent.

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 09:49:07 pm »
Apple Vs Samsung.
Samsung did copy all lot of Apples designs out right and were sued for it. -Which was fine and dandy. But... Apple had a lot of BS claims mixed in with the legitimate ones that most people didn't hear about. Example: Apparently they own beveled square icons arranged in a grid. I mean, what the hell? Come on. There was a bunch of other ambiguous claims as well that I don't really care to remember.

ffxik

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 03:51:03 am »
Capcom pulling an Apple?

it's true
http://www.forbes.com/sites/edblack/2012/08/08/apple-samsung-rights-to-rectangles/

also since no one has mentioned it, SNK is Suing Square Enix  because they used the King of Fighter name in a manga they publish without their consent.

It's a little more than that.  The manga they were publishing contained the KoF name and character likenesses.  It's when they wanted to do the anime adaptation that SNK even found out about it.