Author Topic: Anime/Manga/Etc...  (Read 109861 times)

tafk

PRO Supporter

Re: Anime/Manga/Etc...
« Reply #195 on: October 01, 2015, 02:40:52 pm »
Didn't know we had a thread for this. Just started buying and reading Manga as I go to half-price books. If anyone wants to check my current list feel free to here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16wrea_2E1uv8ZWHOGg30QU6912nP9b-jFP-DRN3tMu0/edit?usp=sharing

I fly through the Attack on Titan volumes when I get them  ;D

« Reply #196 on: October 10, 2015, 06:20:03 am »
Man, only seen one episode and One Punch Man could possibly be my favorite of the year lol It gives me that kind of hype that I got from like Kill La Kill and Gurren Laggan, shows with insane action and good humor.  Great soundtrack too.  Already a good cover of the opening out.

« Reply #197 on: October 17, 2015, 01:28:29 am »
Stepping into the new season, I've found a couple to enjoy.  One Punch Man is fantastic, I can't wait for more.  The new Gundam is also pretty good so far.  I just watched the first episode of Beautiful Bones, which I think will be interesting.  It's basically Sherlock meets Bones in high school lol

On the other hand, I watched the first episode of Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon, and I don't think it's very good.  The action seems okay, but too much cliched fan service crap.  It's the first episode and we already got pointless playboy bunny dress up scene and stupid boy falls and grabs a tit while making a chest joke.  Also I think you call this a "harem" anime when it's beautiful women surrounding a single guy like with Triage X.  The show might get better later, but I don't like cheap fan service.  Either embrace the pervyness like Kill La Kill, Highschool of the Dead, or Prison School, or just don't do it.  It's lazy and rarely funny.

Also tried to watch a show called "OWARIMONOGATARI", that is apparently about math or something, but I got like 10 minutes into it and had to stop.  It was making no sense, had some weird editing, and I never felt so quickly turned off an anime.

davifus

« Reply #198 on: October 17, 2015, 01:38:39 am »
Stepping into the new season, I've found a couple to enjoy.  One Punch Man is fantastic, I can't wait for more.  The new Gundam is also pretty good so far.  I just watched the first episode of Beautiful Bones, which I think will be interesting.  It's basically Sherlock meets Bones in high school lol

On the other hand, I watched the first episode of Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon, and I don't think it's very good.  The action seems okay, but too much cliched fan service crap.  It's the first episode and we already got pointless playboy bunny dress up scene and stupid boy falls and grabs a tit while making a chest joke.  Also I think you call this a "harem" anime when it's beautiful women surrounding a single guy like with Triage X.  The show might get better later, but I don't like cheap fan service.  Either embrace the pervyness like Kill La Kill, Highschool of the Dead, or Prison School, or just don't do it.  It's lazy and rarely funny.

Also tried to watch a show called "OWARIMONOGATARI", that is apparently about math or something, but I got like 10 minutes into it and had to stop.  It was making no sense, had some weird editing, and I never felt so quickly turned off an anime.

Have you watch any of the previous Monogatari's?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #199 on: October 17, 2015, 01:43:29 am »

Never knew there were others, I had thought this was a new show.

davifus

« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2015, 01:53:39 am »

Never knew there were others, I had thought this was a new show.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/9260/Kizumonogatari (PREQUEL TO ALL PREQUEL. How the MC started)
http://myanimelist.net/anime/5081/Bakemonogatari (Watch first)
http://myanimelist.net/anime/15689/Nekomonogatari:_Kuro (2nd)
http://myanimelist.net/anime/11597/Nisemonogatari (3rd)
http://myanimelist.net/anime/17074/Monogatari_Series:_Second_Season (4th)
http://myanimelist.net/anime/28025/Tsukimonogatari (5th)
http://myanimelist.net/anime/21855/Hanamonogatari (6th)
http://myanimelist.net/anime/31181/Owarimonogatari (7th)
[Last and Final from the Monogatari Series not out yet] (8th)

The watch order is really based off how they were released but it should be fine in my opinion.

The preq. and seq. for this show all over the place but I highly highly rec. this series. Very clever writing, music, and animation (SHAFT).

« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2015, 01:57:28 am »
Wow, didn't know there was so much to the series.  Is the series at least handled differently earlier on or was the new episode just a kinda standout weird one? I was really hating the editing and tone of Owarimonogatari which quickly made me not like it.

davifus

« Reply #202 on: October 17, 2015, 02:03:26 am »
Wow, didn't know there was so much to the series.  Is the series at least handled differently earlier on or was the new episode just a kinda standout weird one? I was really hating the editing and tone of Owarimonogatari which quickly made me not like it.

I haven't started on Owarimonogatari yet So I can't say. I would rec. you to give it a shot by starting off on Bake.

« Reply #203 on: October 17, 2015, 04:15:54 am »

I haven't started on Owarimonogatari yet So I can't say. I would rec. you to give it a shot by starting off on Bake.

I might give it a shot.  I just finished up Prison School which is weird, uncomfortable, but pretty entertaining.  Might also be one of the best animated shows of the last season behind Fate/Stay Night lol So many different styles happening within one show.  Also Andre's tiny face is unsettling.

« Reply #204 on: November 05, 2015, 04:44:40 am »
Wow, School-Live has such a...unique take on the concept of the "Moe Club" anime type.  Just started it, but I'm hoping this thing pans out.  I don't want to say anything about it, but watch the first episode if you haven't.  It's more than you'd expect.

doafan

« Reply #205 on: December 11, 2015, 01:39:14 pm »
A month ago started to watch Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, have to say that nobody recommended me this one cause my interests are more related with the Plot, something that not everybody like anyway I was looking for some animated gifs at Tumblr and saw a couple of good ones so decided to give it a try, always search this kind of stuff because I share them at my Pinterest account until one day when I was looking for more saw a gif from a scene that haven't seen at the show, did a little research about the characters and that's how I reached to my beloved Stella Vermillion from Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, started to see this one too even when I really don't like to see too different Animes at the same time, dunno why but every time that I have done this I totally forgot to see one of them, this haven't occurred with these two even when honestly don't know if am wrong but they are so similar, both got a redhead princess that have seen practically naked, that manages fire, that felt in love with an useless swordsman that suddenly become the strongest one at the academy, both protagonist are now giving instructions to the rest of the students and became pretty popular with the girls, both have power limits and I can continue with more similarities, dunno which one is a copy of the other one but both of them entertain me  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

doafan

« Reply #206 on: January 11, 2016, 12:11:30 pm »
Finally have completed the two series that I mentioned before and this past week enjoyed the first episodes of another two Animes the first one is Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai where Usagi Saionji and Ikaruga Suginami have become my two favorite characters and yes I found this one too when I was looking for some Gifs, it's kinda rare that I start to watch something just by the recommendation of somebody, had bad experiences in the past following what other people likes.

The second one is Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken and I totally admit that the main reason that I started with this one is only for the Plot, Reiko Arisugawa it's my favorite character from the whole series, saw the following two Gifs at Tumblr and that same night started to see this one, for what I have seen the story is kinda weird and being a muscle lover (am talking about Kimito not me) even freaks me out  ;D

« Reply #207 on: January 11, 2016, 02:56:46 pm »
I started into the Winter 2016 anime and man it's kinda weak.  Active Raid just seemed generic with weak suit designs, so much so, I didn't finish the first episode.  Schwarzes Marken had a great setting and premise, in the 1980's with mechs fighting weird aliens, but it didn't really do anything for the setting beyond it having East and West Germany and none of the characters were shown to be likable. Also could they have at least tried to make the characters look European? Phantasy Star Online 2 had one of the weakest reasons for there to be an RPG going on and it's handling of the game felt kinda poor.  These seemed like the only kinda bigger ones outside of returning shows.

The only shining light looks to be Erased.  It has a cool premise, it explained its setup real well, and I'm genuinely interested to see where it leads.  Only one I could recommend.  I think there's one or two more that I'm going to look at, but so far, kinda underwhelming outside of Erased.

doafan

« Reply #208 on: January 14, 2016, 11:08:35 am »
Yesterday have paused almost everything that I was playing, reading, watching (comics, videogames, Simpsons) but not wrestling because I started to see the first episode of Musaigen no Phantom World where Mai Kawakami has became my new female favorite character, she kinda remind me a lot to Isuzu Sento from Amagi Brilliant Park discovered this one two weeks later since the second episode already has been released, definitely am gonna see it as soon I leave the fucking office, as a pervert old man who loves plot this one is perfect for me  8)

doafan

« Reply #209 on: January 29, 2016, 01:52:06 pm »
A couple of  days ago I finally have completed Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken and Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai where I do have to say that I'm highly disappointed with the first one and not only because they missed a great opportunity to explore and use the Plot at its maximum capacity, the staff didn't used the obligatory beach/pool scene that fits perfectly this kind of Anime also the ending was to damn forced and most of all incomplete also the latest episodes were pure lame, kinda mad because the characters where perfect for an Ecchi harem and they did a complete mess anyway about Taimadou Gakuen everything was perfect but the latest two episodes kinda reminded me Triage X where they didn't know how to end it, they have used the characters very well until the evil sister made his appearance, a second season where she can be the main evil character would have been better that this, they forced it too so I really don't expect a second season for neither this two  >:(