Author Topic: Anime/Manga/Etc...  (Read 110543 times)

doafan

Re: Anime/Manga/Etc...
« Reply #225 on: April 17, 2016, 02:27:06 pm »
Spent last days watching one episode by day from an Anime from the last season that really dunno how I missed, am talking about Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!, dunno why but the story kinda reminded me Grimmar but without being serious or without those beautiful backgrounds but still fun to be seen, even when am not quite sure if a second season is scheduled really hope to see more about these characters specially from Lalatina Dustiness Ford, she quickly became my favorite and even more after seeing episode nine:

Also started to watch Hundred which has became my third show from this season, being honest am seeing this one just for the Plot cause a lot of people is saying that this one is a mere copy or a rip off of Infinite Statos but since didn't saw it am giving Claire Harvey a chance yes she is my main favorite character anyway can only say that from the two episodes released have to  neither the story or the characters are the big deal, gonna give this a try but if something better came will put this one at the wait list :

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #226 on: April 17, 2016, 03:20:15 pm »
That's pretty much borderline hentai. I like it.

Badges

« Reply #227 on: April 23, 2016, 04:13:06 am »
Seems like The Lost Village is kinda fitting well into the name "Lost" as it feels kinda like the tv shows "Lost" lol It's getting weird, though continuing to hide all the weird stuff so far.  I'm curious if it'll get more interesting the more that is revealed.  As long as it has a better ending than Lost, I'll be alright.

« Reply #228 on: April 29, 2016, 08:37:36 pm »
This made me laugh today.  I wandered over to FYE to browse around, decided to try and pick up some used CD's for cheap, found Megadeth's "Super Collider" (Massive fan, but man this was mostly a dud) and found Anthrax's "Anthems" which is a cover album.  Opened it up in the car to listen to and found this on the inside cover.  That's legit artwork for an official band.  Big titted anime girl repping for Anthrax lol I guess cause of the Cheap Trick song "Big Eyes" on there, that it made sense to put a big eyed anime girl lol That's just great, even if the anime style is abit cheap...Kinda mid-grade harem anime cheap lol

This fictional harem anime is about the usual bunch of school girls trying to get with a cool boy, but it turns out the studious, top level student, is secretly a metalhead, and a big plot point for an episode, is the boy wanting to impress the girl by going with her to Anthrax at the Tokyo Dome, but he gets amusingly banged up in a circle put during "Caught in a Mosh"...

I need to make this anime...

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 08:41:42 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #229 on: April 30, 2016, 05:29:55 am »
Watched the new Ghost in the Shell Movie (Literally tagged "The New Movie"...God that is awful), and I liked it.  It's the usual good action surrounded by political mindgames and philosophical discussions that I have never understood since the even the original movie.  Still one of my favorites series though.  I think the only thing I haven't watched right now is one of the Rise OVA's.

doafan

« Reply #230 on: May 08, 2016, 02:05:53 pm »
It took me a time but I finally have found my fourth Anime of this season where first I have to admit that really tried to give Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season a try but it doesn't caught me like all the rest of the shows that am currently enjoying in fact I actually didn't managed to see even the first episode anyway the one that really took my attention is Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu decided to give it a try after watching some gifs of Emilia and Elsa Granhiert at Tumblr where without a doubt the first episode gave me the impression this one was another funny Anime but episode 1.5 told me that I was totally wrong, it might not be as good as Grimmar but it's pretty damn good, managed to saw the first 5 episodes last week and am currently at the office waiting for the HD release of the sixth one  ;D

« Reply #231 on: May 09, 2016, 01:08:46 am »
Finally started watching Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress.  Incredible show so far.  Very interesting and with a quicker pace to it than Attack on Titan, while still being really engaging.  The setting is something I really dig, mixing old, traditional, Japan, with steampunk tech weaponry and transportation.  The Kabane creatures are basically just super strong zombies, so it works as a zombie show too.

doafan

« Reply #232 on: May 20, 2016, 02:12:35 pm »
Unfortunately haven't been able to found another Anime from this season that deserve my attention but already have found two for the next one, am talking about Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara and Masou Gakuen HxH also wonder why the hell they haven't announced anything about the second season of Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry so am gonna continue with the ones that am currently enjoying, have to say that three of them are doing things right with the Plot, not that many fanservice, just the necessary being Hundred my favorite in the other hand really love what they have done with Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, didn't expected this one to be this good and no, am not gonna give any spoilers but people seriously needs to give this last one a chance:

« Reply #233 on: May 25, 2016, 05:39:00 am »
Started watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood for the first time. I  had watched the original series years ago, but never saw the most recent version.  From what I understand, it sorta handles things like Hellsing Ultimate did, where they are rehashing what was done in the previous series, but much quicker, no fluff, and then will be adhering more closely to the manga for the future.  It'll be interesting to see.  I generally know the basics of a number of things from the first series, but there's still a few emotional moments early on that still got me, even knowing they are coming.  The two big ones that any FMA watcher would know still tugged at the heart strings.

Gonna be a good watch.

*EDIT*
And it was.  Just finished all 5 parts and super enjoyed it.  It's so well done and way better than the previous version of the show in most areas.  Only negatives I would say is it felt like they were rushing things a little bit early on in the series, such as skipping over the events of the mining town completely.  Sure, it doesn't have any significant impact on the show and they explain what happened in Part 3 I believe, but they reference the place multiple times and one of the side characters that Scar hangs out with is the baddie from there, so it seemed like it might've been worth doing a quick single episode on it like they did with the Cornello and Liore.  Other than that little nit pick, it's great.  I don't really know why I waited so long to watch this version of FMA.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:21:08 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #234 on: June 03, 2016, 07:49:32 pm »
Watched a good real world feeling anime about an earthquake that is likely to hit Tokyo and it's about two kids and a woman getting home to their family.  It's a good single season series, but don't watch it late at night.  It's quite sad lol It's called Tokyo Magnitude 8.0.  There's no big action or anything really unrealistic in it, it's just a good drama about what is likely to happen there with a big earthquake.

doafan

« Reply #235 on: June 04, 2016, 11:40:42 am »
Even when we already have reached the month of June I'm still looking for my fifth Anime from this season, saw two episodes of Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalités but seriously neither the story, the characters or even the plot took my full attention the one that took it was one from this past 2015, am talking about Bikini Warriors am currently enjoying this but just one episode per day cause the duration of each episode is less the eight minutes, I don't have any problem with this cause Oshiete! Galko-chan was almost the same anyway Paladin and Mage instantly became my favorite characters but gotta love all the ladies ;D

« Reply #236 on: June 18, 2016, 05:53:27 am »
While not about anime, it is the same country, so I was wondering if anyone has watched any interesting documentaries about Japan?  Kinda opening to anything.  Historical, political, geeky.  I've seen a few, watched some travel shows that talk about it like Anthony Bourdain, I just find the country interesting, faults and all.

« Reply #237 on: June 19, 2016, 01:56:22 am »

Terror in Resonance turned out to be a fairly interesting anime.  It's something different than what I've watched lately and it had an engaging story to it.  The story gets abit quirky in a few areas, but I feel like it still held up reasonably well enough.  Director is Shinichiro Watanabe, the director of shows like Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, though it doesn't particularly feel like those works at all.

doafan

« Reply #238 on: June 19, 2016, 12:59:23 pm »
While not about anime, it is the same country, so I was wondering if anyone has watched any interesting documentaries about Japan?

Not the kind of documentaries that you might have seen or maybe you already have seen some ones about Aokigahara, if you not you must give them a try, even before the movie The Forest were released I saw and read a lot of interesting facts about this forest, Japan is one of my favorites countries also am a big fan of all paranormal things, ghosts, haunted mansions and all that shit and also have seen some documentaries about Akihabara this two are the places that I must visit before I die.

About the topic of the thread I finally saw the 12 episodes of Bikini Warriors this past Monday and stared with Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai the same day, yes it is another perv series from this past 2015 that I have found at Tumblr, really don't give a shit about the main characters well maybe a little to Tanukichi Okuma but only when he interacts with Anna Nishikinomiya, she might be a support character but all the scenes that I saw from her are so damn good, before started seeing this one was reading some reviews and a lot of them said that it's a bad one but thanks to one of this I noticed that this was censored so the one that am currently enjoying is the uncensored one  ;D

« Reply #239 on: June 19, 2016, 02:59:44 pm »
Not the kind of documentaries that you might have seen or maybe you already have seen some ones about Aokigahara, if you not you must give them a try, even before the movie The Forest were released I saw and read a lot of interesting facts about this forest, Japan is one of my favorites countries also am a big fan of all paranormal things, ghosts, haunted mansions and all that shit and also have seen some documentaries about Akihabara this two are the places that I must visit before I die.

Yeah I've seen one or two things on the "Suicide Forest".  Very creepy place.  I use to watch more paranormal stuff for the trip and location value, nut for actual reasons of the paranormal, but I kinda stopped watching that stuff.

And yes, Akihabara is definitely a must go place for myself too.  It's a dream to go to Japan and travel around for abit.