Author Topic: Anime/Manga/Etc...  (Read 109904 times)

maximo310

Re: Anime/Manga/Etc...
« Reply #255 on: July 12, 2016, 12:48:25 am »
Could they just work those arcs into the story, just placed differently?  I don't know a ton from the manga itself.
Perhaps, but the only flashbacks I've seen so far are from Golden Age. In my opinion, lost children has a lot of character development w/ Guts, and the Beast of Darkness, new combos,, while black swordsman establishes the base setting, Gut's early personality, the belhelt and the spirit world, etc. They are pretty important to fleshing out the world of Berserk, although Lost Children does a better job of this than the Black Swordsman arc.

I was really hoping they would do a complete adaption of the manga, given how the earlier series is primarily the Golden Age arc. Unforuntately, the company behind the new anime has a pretty low budget/staff ( their previous works is Tekyuu 1-6, which is mostly one guy), which is probably why its only a 13 episode season , and has low budget cg w/ barely any 2d animation. There is also a surprising lack of blood for battle scenes, especially compared to their original counterparts.
If only Madhouse or Bones did it, I'd think they could totally make a complete adaption work.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:50:09 am by maximo310 »

« Reply #256 on: July 12, 2016, 12:56:09 am »
Yeah they really needed a better studio for this.  I don't completely hate the new show, though I haven't watched episode 2 yet.  I can still find parts to enjoy, but it's definitely not the show anyone wanted after all these years.

« Reply #257 on: July 12, 2016, 02:00:44 am »
I don't get why they are mixing drawn animation and 3D models in Berserk.  It is straight up drawn animation in the flashbacks right? They just look so different from the main show, because it looks like a proper anime.  It's weird, because the flashbacks visually look way different than the main show.  They do continue the line work shading they use in the main story meant to represent manga, which I like, but this show is just odd.

It's still watchable to me, this show generally looks better without the awful skeletons and there was a lot of blood too.  I figure the first episode wasn't that bloody since it's mostly skeletons and not alot of real gore there to be had.  It is a better episode for sure, but yeah it seems like they are rushing things.  Got a feeling their rush to this short season will end up with them not continuing it for the long run.

*EDIT*
Started watching a new show called Thunderbolt Fantasy.  It's not anime, but puppetry that's actually kinda impressive, mixing very detailed and well handed puppets with CG for effects and stuff.  For the medium, the action is just as good as normal animation. I think it helps that it's a good combination of practical effects and CG.  It is a tad cheesy at times due to the puppets mouths not really moving (Like the bottom moves a tiny bit at times, but it's not actually in time with the voice), but the detail is handled so well, that you can kinda forgive that.  It helps that the dolls aren't creepy at all.  Usually I can find dolls a little unsettling or very cartoony, like Team America, but it's all very "bishounen" visually lol

And found another cute slice of life show called Amanchu I'll watch.  Basically it's about an introverted girl who moves to a small seaside town in her first high school year, unsure of her new place, who befreinds an overly outgoing and goofy girl who loves scuba diving and it seems like it'll be kinda just about the introvert finding something to enjoy and have fun with in her new life.  This kind of stuff is just relaxing to me.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:39:22 am by kamikazekeeg »

maximo310

« Reply #258 on: July 12, 2016, 09:51:36 pm »
Yeah they really needed a better studio for this.  I don't completely hate the new show, though I haven't watched episode 2 yet.  I can still find parts to enjoy, but it's definitely not the show anyone wanted after all these years.
Alright, you should watch episode 2. That battle scene w/ farnese and the guards has a lack of blood or damage w/ Guts, especially since they skip a previous battle, and it completely screws up the importance of the end result.
I'm still gonna check out episode 3 when it airs on friday.

« Reply #259 on: July 12, 2016, 10:46:43 pm »
Alright, you should watch episode 2. That battle scene w/ farnese and the guards has a lack of blood or damage w/ Guts, especially since they skip a previous battle, and it completely screws up the importance of the end result.

I wouldn't say there was a lack of blood or damage, like 6 guys are chopped in half with one blow and just explode into a geyser of blood and parts.  That is kinda mostly it other than all the guys he smashes up, but I thought that worked fine for what they were trying to get across.  It seems like those that don't know the manga will be able to get more entertainment out of this, like me, than someone expecting a specific plot to be followed after having read over a 100 chapters of the manga.  It's probably why I'll stick with the show for the season at least.

doafan

« Reply #260 on: July 13, 2016, 06:29:54 pm »
It seems that Berserk is kind popular around here I was decided to watch the first episode this week, need my regular dose of blood, violence and of course boobs and since the old version of 1998 had all of this it was supposed to be my third favorite Anime from this season until another Anime took my complete attention, am talking about Taboo Tattoo saw the second episode this morning and it sure packs a punch, a lot of blood, good and intense fights, more blood and of course some Plot in moderate quantities, don't believe me ? ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

maximo310

« Reply #261 on: July 13, 2016, 07:23:22 pm »

I wouldn't say there was a lack of blood or damage, like 6 guys are chopped in half with one blow and just explode into a geyser of blood and parts.  That is kinda mostly it other than all the guys he smashes up, but I thought that worked fine for what they were trying to get across.  It seems like those that don't know the manga will be able to get more entertainment out of this, like me, than someone expecting a specific plot to be followed after having read over a 100 chapters of the manga.  It's probably why I'll stick with the show for the season at least.
I was talking about Guts himself. It just didn't look like he was too damaged, but he gets that little sword nick in his neck, and passes out. Whereas in the original story, it was the last straw for him since his endurance was pretty low and was badly injured since he'd been fighting demons and armies of fairies the previous night ( lost children arc). 

You're defenitely right about that the show will good more entertainment for non- manga readers, and that's good for them to broaden their audience. It just that most of my friends and I were pretty dissapointed since we wanted a straight adaptation.

« Reply #262 on: July 13, 2016, 07:56:38 pm »
I was talking about Guts himself. It just didn't look like he was too damaged, but he gets that little sword nick in his neck, and passes out. Whereas in the original story, it was the last straw for him since his endurance was pretty low and was badly injured since he'd been fighting demons and armies of fairies the previous night ( lost children arc). 

You're defenitely right about that the show will good more entertainment for non- manga readers, and that's good for them to broaden their audience. It just that most of my friends and I were pretty dissapointed since we wanted a straight adaptation.

Not to knock ya or anything, maybe you weren't paying attention too much to it, but Guts very clearly states he can barely feel his limbs when fighting the main knight, his right arm erupts with blood from a wound as he flexes his bicep to use his sword to hack the guys in half after taking the arrow bolt to the leg that sets him off, and then as he launched himself at the girl leader, a large log was chucked at his gushing leg wound, which I think was the real cause of him going down, not the stab to the neck with the sword itself, though it clearly jabbed into his neck muscle a good couple inches.  I think that green guy chasing after Guts at the end of the episode was the one who threw the log quickly perhaps, since there's something sneaky about him.

It's clear they are hurrying things abit, but I thought it was pretty noticeable in that fight that he was pretty worn out, since he wasn't using his sword too often in the battle other than a few outbursts because he just can't fully use it in his current state.

maximo310

« Reply #263 on: July 13, 2016, 10:13:52 pm »

Not to knock ya or anything, maybe you weren't paying attention too much to it, but Guts very clearly states he can barely feel his limbs when fighting the main knight, his right arm erupts with blood from a wound as he flexes his bicep to use his sword to hack the guys in half after taking the arrow bolt to the leg that sets him off, and then as he launched himself at the girl leader, a large log was chucked at his gushing leg wound, which I think was the real cause of him going down, not the stab to the neck with the sword itself, though it clearly jabbed into his neck muscle a good couple inches.  I think that green guy chasing after Guts at the end of the episode was the one who threw the log quickly perhaps, since there's something sneaky about him.

It's clear they are hurrying things abit, but I thought it was pretty noticeable in that fight that he was pretty worn out, since he wasn't using his sword too often in the battle other than a few outbursts because he just can't fully use it in his current state.
Oh crap, totally forgot about the log stab w/ serpico. I completely missed that detail due to not paying attention.  But he is supposed to be pretty damaged from his fight against the huge fairy from the previous arc. I just remembered that Guts looked way more damaged, with blood everywhere, and it didn't really seem like it was there as much in the anime to me.
I wonder if they're gonna keep the horse scene in the next episode. This whole arc has some pretty nasty monsters, so I'm still hoping that the cg animation doesn't look too bad, especially for the goat demon.

azure

« Reply #264 on: July 13, 2016, 10:53:10 pm »

Oh crap, totally forgot about the log stab w/ serpico. I completely missed that detail due to not paying attention.  But he is supposed to be pretty damaged from his fight against the huge fairy from the previous arc. I just remembered that Guts looked way more damaged, with blood everywhere, and it didn't really seem like it was there as much in the anime to me.
I wonder if they're gonna keep the horse scene in the next episode. This whole arc has some pretty nasty monsters, so I'm still hoping that the cg animation doesn't look too bad, especially for the goat demon.
He does look more damaged in the Manga, just checked to make sure. I'm also wondering how they're going to take on all the heavy stuff that's coming the farther we get in the conviction arc.

« Reply #265 on: July 14, 2016, 06:18:53 am »
Finished the main run of Baccano.  Weird, occasionally intense (It's violent, but oof, sometimes they push it), but entertaining.  I ended up kinda hating the comedic relief characters of Isaac and Miriam, which is a shame as they factor into most of the story, while basically being completely unimportant to the plot.  It got a little confusing at times when they jumped around a very specific three year timeline, with so many characters involved, but like half way through the show, you start to get use to it.

maximo310

« Reply #266 on: July 15, 2016, 07:11:01 pm »
Episode 3 of berserk: This was actually good, nothing got removed thankfully.  The new apostle and setting worked well in my opinion.

Although from the ending, it looks like they going to skip over the other apostle and his followers from the Holy See organization and jump stright into the Hawk of the Millenium Falcon arc. My guess is that they're gonna try to get everyone in Gut's party by the end of the season by the rate they're going for.

doafan

« Reply #267 on: July 16, 2016, 10:57:57 am »
Am glad that Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu is still going on, minutes ago I have seen episode 15 and it became my favorite one from the whole serie, really can't wait to see what happens next also want to say that everybody needs to see this one, can't believe that am the only one here that it's enjoying this awesome Anime, already know that my recommendations can't be taken so seriously mainly because I love to see plot but this one is an exception, please give it a try, you won be disappointed  ;)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #268 on: July 21, 2016, 04:05:38 am »
I actually finally decided to give Re:Zero a watch.  I had heard it was a slow start and picks up later, but I think it's pretty interesting right off the bat.  I was kinda worried they were gonna treat it like every other "Trapped in a fantasy world" anime, but it helps that all the characters are well done.  No one is a helpless damsel, the lead is kind of a dick, but has a good heart and determination when needed and isn't fine with just waiting around for something to happen, and the stories gimmick is handled pretty well.  To hear that it's supposed to get better is exciting as I'm currently up to Episode 7.

sithsylar

« Reply #269 on: July 21, 2016, 04:43:23 am »
Just finished Season 1 of Danganronpa  and damn i loved it.  Unique as hell and would recommend it.  Its honestly a mix of Battle Royale and Ace Attorney i just love it!