Author Topic: Anime/Manga/Etc...  (Read 109907 times)

Re: Anime/Manga/Etc...
« Reply #285 on: August 11, 2016, 12:49:18 pm »
I've switching back and forth between Sgt. Frog, Clannad, and Heaven's Lost Property Forte.

I love these shows.

davifus

« Reply #286 on: August 11, 2016, 05:03:42 pm »
Sidenote, does anyone know of any place that does like high quality screenshots of anime that makes really good backgrounds, in particular like more real world settings? 

Stuff like this...
http://d-kamiichi.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/shinkaimakoto-per_second_5_centimeters-film.jpg

It's what I usually use for my desktop backgrounds if I don't have anything else.

Real world stuff can work to if it's visually interesting like this which is basically my current background.
http://blog.hdwallsource.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/mt-fuji-widescreen-wallpaper-51291-52987-hd-wallpapers.jpg

Doesn't have to be bright and pretty also, it can be more melancholy things as long as it feels like something that seems rather Japanese and true to that style.
http://s3.best-desktop-wallpaper.net/images/640/57/5f8782c661b9eae4022fafcfb6480740.jpg

Not that I know of, but the first screen shot gets me everytime. 5 centimeters per second, All aboard the feel train.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #287 on: August 18, 2016, 03:09:25 am »
Tried getting into Mob Psycho 100, a show I know some people were going nuts over, but I personally didn't care for it.  I know it comes from the guy who did One Punch Man, but I find the art style here to sloppy and messy to enjoy.  When it gets crazy, it's kinda interesting, but generally I just don't like it which kinda kills the show for me.

doafan

« Reply #288 on: September 01, 2016, 12:06:05 pm »
Haven't been able to find another good Anime from this season and since Masou Gakuen HxH is becoming more hardcore with every new episode decided to see some Hentai because is practically what am watching right now, I enjoyed the two episodes of Maro no Kanja wa Gatenkei where being honest still wonder why the hell they did only released two of them, the history even when it's not that original is quite fun, the damn doctor has become my favorite male character also saw Baka na Imouto o Rikou ni Suru no wa Ore no xx Dake na Ken ni Tsuite but from this one I only enjoyed the first episode, the animation are not the big deal, the story is pretty dumb the same as the character but since discovered some good gifs from it at Tumblr decided to give it a try am sorry but from this two there won't be any sample images  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #289 on: September 26, 2016, 02:36:15 am »
Man, I really need Attack on Titan Season 2 to hurry up.  I know it's out next year, but after dumping a bunch of hours into the PS4 game and currently rewatching the dub for the show which is pretty good (Watched it in Japanese originally), I'm about to just start reading the manga which is so much father ahead.  I prefer anime over manga, but I'm very tempted, especially after being slightly spoiled on a few story details coming up.  I really want to know more lol

doafan

« Reply #290 on: October 02, 2016, 10:31:26 am »
My five series from this season are over where am glad that all of them will have a second season, well  am not sure if Amanchu! will have one but at least the will have an Special the next year also Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara only had 12 episodes this season dunno why the hell they decided to release only this quantity if the past season they gave us 24, Re:Zero kara Hajimeru  Isekai Seikatsu is the one that took all my respect and seriously can't wait to see what happens next, Taboo Tattoo well since am not gonna see anymore my boleved Touko Ichinose and that the story went nuts at the end dunno if will continue watching this with joy or only to know what happens and finally Masou Gakuen HxH what can I say about this one, need more PLOT  ;D

« Reply #291 on: October 02, 2016, 03:26:51 pm »
I started into the new stuff last night.  Tiger Mask W is kinda old school feeling, but isn't anything particularly impressive.  It's just okay.  Kaiju Girls is one of those cute 5 minute shows.  The Ancient Magus Bride seems really interesting and I'm wanting more from it as the world feels real rich.  Lots of details and little tidbits that draw you in.  Izetta: The Last Witch seems pretty good too, set in an alternate reality version of WW2 Europe, where things are very familiar, but details are changed and of course magic is involved with the stories witch character.  Magical Girl Raising Project is basically a moe magical girls show, but it's clearly going to counter the cuteness with some upcoming violence, subvert the genre it's doing, such as School Live.  Not sure about this one yet.  I think there's another show or two coming soon, but that's all I've watched so far of the new season.

doafan

« Reply #292 on: October 03, 2016, 06:48:38 pm »
A couple of minutes ago just saw my first favorite Anime from this season, well in fact is the second season of one that already have been seeing, am talking about Okusama ga Seitokaichou!+! despite the fact that their episodes do not last more than nine minutes really enjoy the story and the Plot, oh the Plot here is awesome, glad to have Ui back in action  ;D

« Reply #293 on: October 07, 2016, 12:24:40 am »
I swear, everytime I see these kind of shows, I go "Well this is certainly for DOA" lol  This is the new show "Keijo".  It's an anime that is basically built around that Dead or Alive Extreme Volleyball booty bouncing game lol

It no joke has some pretty fun action to it, very over the top, down to there seemingly being powers I guess?  Might just be the exaggerated visuals of powers, like you see in sports animes.  It's so overt, so incredibly dumb, I can't help but find it entertaining.  It's kinda like Highschool of the Dead in that way.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 12:29:13 am by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #294 on: October 07, 2016, 11:25:16 am »
I swear, every time I see these kind of shows, I go "Well this is certainly for DOA" lol  This is the new show "Keijo". 

You must be kidding me, can't believe that your first impression when you saw was: Hey it's the kind of stuff that DOA must like and you are wrong cause I don't like it I TOTALLY LOVE IT in fact I saw the first episode yesterday before I leave the office that's why I wasn't able to post my impressions, about the "powers" they are so freaking amazing for example that Butt Cannon is quite impressive ...

Indeed it looks like a copy of one the DOAX mini games but in this Anime the players can also use their bOObs to attack too, damn I haven't played the DOAX3 so am not sure in the latest release of this game they can use this kind of attack, if they haven't am very disappointed anyway don't have to say that it has become my favorite from this season.

« Reply #295 on: October 17, 2016, 03:38:25 am »
How is it that Berserk, the incredibly well known manga that's been around since the 90's struggles to get the show it truly deserves, but the guy who made Hellsing gets two amazingly done shows now with Drifters? lol

Drifters is awesome so far.  It's the same exact style as Hellsing, down to art and humor, but this time it's set in a fantasy world where warriors from different eras are sent for some reason.  Super cool setting, great animation, and fun intro with mixing art styles and a rocking tune.

kashell

« Reply #296 on: October 17, 2016, 08:47:50 am »
Finally getting around to watching Slayers: Try. I'm six episodes in. I'm still thinking Slayers: Next is my favorite but Try is really looking like it's going to be just as fun.

doafan

« Reply #297 on: October 18, 2016, 01:33:07 pm »
Have found my third anime of this season and am kinda surprised that neither nobody from the forum or my friends haven't mentioned anything about this one, am talking about Occultic;Nine despite the fact that it has some Plot, in my opinion is the minimum or at least from the two episodes that has been released they haven't shown much of it but since it's kinda related with paranormal stuff, science and of course boobs I had to give it a try and for what I saw it's good enough for me, am already expecting the release of the episode three cause in some parts it's kinda rare  :-\

davifus

« Reply #298 on: October 18, 2016, 02:35:40 pm »
The only shows I'm watching this season currently: 3 gatsu no lion, haikyuu, hibike, natsume, shuumatsu, www.working!!. Everything else I'm not too interested or waiting till it comes and out maybe blitz it. This season is very subpar.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #299 on: October 18, 2016, 02:43:18 pm »
Have found my third anime of this season and am kinda surprised that neither nobody from the forum or my friends haven't mentioned anything about this one, am talking about Occultic;Nine despite the fact that it has some Plot, in my opinion is the minimum or at least from the two episodes that has been released they haven't shown much of it but since it's kinda related with paranormal stuff, science and of course boobs I had to give it a try and for what I saw it's good enough for me, am already expecting the release of the episode three cause in some parts it's kinda rare  :-\

Hadn't heard about this one, but could be fun, I'll give it a look.  Coming across quite a number of shows to watch this season.  I got Poco's Udon World which is basically this seasons Sweetness and Lightning it seems.  Drifters from the Hellsing guy.  Crazy butts with Keijo.  The Ancient Magus Bride, which isn't actually a regular series.  Kaiju Girls which is just a short series.  Izetta which is the fantasy WW2 setting. Not sure if I'll watch the rest of Magical Girl Raising Project which is one of those cutesie shows with a dark twist.  Wagnaria which is just a sort comedic slice of life. Then I have seasons 2 of Jojo and Iron Blooded Orphans.