Author Topic: Anime/Manga/Etc...  (Read 110525 times)

Re: Anime/Manga/Etc...
« Reply #300 on: October 20, 2016, 02:53:09 am »
Yikes, I think Occultic Nine is awful lol Insane pacing, some of the fastest dialogue I've come across outside some of those short form shows that are usually like 5 to 10 minutes, but this was that in a full length show.  It was confusing and awkward and the lead guy is ridiculous obnoxious, yelling constantly.  Also kind of messy with it's editing and art.  It's not super clean, but at times it's almost blurry it feels.  I couldn't find anything to latch onto with it so I'll be dropping it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:57:36 am by kamikazekeeg »

doafan

« Reply #301 on: October 20, 2016, 01:45:01 pm »
Did you got that impressions just by watching the first episode or did you manage two watch the two that have been released ?, also if you think that the dialogues are to damn fast imagine how hard it's for me to read all of them, English in not my primary language and I don't understand it at 100% that's why at least for this Anime have to see the episode twice and sometimes even have to pause the video to read the whole sentence  :'(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #302 on: October 20, 2016, 04:21:19 pm »
Did you got that impressions just by watching the first episode or did you manage two watch the two that have been released ?, also if you think that the dialogues are to damn fast imagine how hard it's for me to read all of them, English in not my primary language and I don't understand it at 100% that's why at least for this Anime have to see the episode twice and sometimes even have to pause the video to read the whole sentence  :'(

I only watched the first episode.  I could barely keep up with the dialogue and what was going on visually and I'm 100% great with English lol I just had nothing to go on when the show was over.  I was completely confused, which can be alright if there were other things I liked, but I came away not really enjoying much or really wanting to learn more.  It really didn't help that the lead guy is incredibly annoying.

doafan

« Reply #303 on: November 09, 2016, 11:07:14 am »
I was completely confused, which can be alright if there were other things I liked, but I came away not really enjoying much or really wanting to learn more.  It really didn't help that the lead guy is incredibly annoying.

The guy has became more annoying but the story is getting pretty intense and even more complicated, have to saw some of the episodes even three times just to try to understand it, in the other hand can say that am happy enough with Keijo!!!!!!!! and Okusama ga Seitokaichou!+! to much plot for my eyes and my hands anyway have found my fourth Anime from this season, am taking about Shuumatsu no Izetta honestly am not a big fan of the witches but the fusion between them and what appears to be a copy of the WW2 is kinda cool, Plot here is minimum so yes am seeing this one just for the history  ;D

davifus

« Reply #304 on: November 13, 2016, 03:15:47 pm »
Just saw a film from Makoto Shinkai

Kotonoha no Niwa [The Garden of Words]

This film was amazing. Words can't describe how great it was.

I'll probably take Makoto Shinkai over Hayao Miyazaki.

I can't wait till Kimi no Na wa comes over to the states or I find a Sub. online.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 07:06:57 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #305 on: November 13, 2016, 04:11:42 pm »
Been wanting to see Your Name also as I've heard it's great.  I'll have to check out The Garden of Words sometime.

« Reply #306 on: November 18, 2016, 03:54:02 pm »
Think I'm going to finally jump into Dragon Ball Super.  Been waiting months for them to get the English dub done and while they've confirmed it, we likely won't see it till like spring and I'm tired of getting hints of spoilers lol I've never liked the Japanese dub, a lot of it because of Goku's voice actress, it never clicked with me, and watching the start of Super now, it still doesn't work.  I'll tough it out though as I just want to get to the later stuff in the series that I hear is good.

doafan

« Reply #307 on: November 28, 2016, 01:13:29 pm »
Started this past week to watch another Anime from this season, am talking about Getsuyōbi no Tawawa where I have seen the eight episodes that has been released this far, didn't took me that much cause each episode doesn't exceed the five minutes guess that this is the shortest time that I ever knew/seen for an episode but it's ok, the stories are not the big deal but the Plot is good enough, the only bad thing is that there will be only 12 episodes of this one  :'(

« Reply #308 on: November 28, 2016, 03:28:51 pm »
I ended up running right through all of Dragon Ball Super and while a number of the Japanese voices still bothered me, I'm glad I did.  There's a lot of good stuff going on outside of say the first two arcs that just rehash the first two movies, though they altered enough stuff in ways that worked better for the tv show, for the most part.  There's a Future Trunks arc that they just finished that had some great action and good villains in it so that was certainly fun.  Very curious to see where they are gonna head next as apparently they'll reveal the next arc in a week or two.

Currently pretty far behind on the rest of the new shows this season though.  I'll have to do some binge watching eventually to catch up, maybe drop a show or two that isn't drawing me in entirely.

doafan

« Reply #309 on: December 09, 2016, 06:28:15 pm »
Yesterday I started to watch or should I say started to "enjoy" the first three episodes of Masou Gakuen HxH Specials, dunno how did I totally missed these but everything it's ok since they have been released recently, with these specials I definitely will going to see the second season of this Anime but for what I have been seeing it's seems that it will be a Hentai, sorry but these are the only Gifs that I managed to get that aren't that naughty for this thread but am sure that everybody will know where to put that "tail"  ;D

Flashback2012

« Reply #310 on: December 10, 2016, 01:21:39 am »
I haven't purchased or watched any anime in YEARS. I guess once all of the stuff that I gave a crap about came out, I lost interest. I did decide to snag a series last weekend in that I picked up Hunter X Hunter Vol.1 on Blu-Ray. It was on sale from $59.99 to $27.99 and came in Steelbook packaging which I'm an absolute sucker for.  :P

It's only 13 episodes so I'll get around to watching it eventually.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 01:23:24 am by Flashback2012 »

« Reply #311 on: December 12, 2016, 06:44:30 pm »
Ahh, Dragon Ball Super...Making Yamcha relevant for the first time since I think the original Dragon Ball show.  How? By putting him in a pointless filler episode that has nothing to do with him fighting lol

It even hits on a particular meme...

azure

« Reply #312 on: December 12, 2016, 11:10:56 pm »
I haven't purchased or watched any anime in YEARS. I guess once all of the stuff that I gave a crap about came out, I lost interest. I did decide to snag a series last weekend in that I picked up Hunter X Hunter Vol.1 on Blu-Ray. It was on sale from $59.99 to $27.99 and came in Steelbook packaging which I'm an absolute sucker for.  :P

It's only 13 episodes so I'll get around to watching it eventually.  ;)

Never watched it, but HxH is a great manga. One of my favorites, when it actually updates.

« Reply #313 on: December 12, 2016, 11:35:33 pm »
I liked the Hunter X Hunter anime, but I was bummed they ended it where they did, as there was clearly a lot more to be done as the manga is far past the point the anime ended I believe.

davifus

« Reply #314 on: December 13, 2016, 12:29:50 am »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)