Author Topic: Anime/Manga/Etc...  (Read 109912 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: Anime/Manga/Etc...
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2014, 10:49:23 pm »
Well this came out of nowhere
http://kotaku.com/attack-on-titan-marvel-characters-getting-official-c-1654205439?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

It's weird, but it might be kinda fun.  With Marvel Zombies, they aren't shy from getting gory either, so it shouldn't hold them back too much unless they are going for a more PG-13 crossover.

As long as it doesn't overstay it's welcome like Marvel Zombies... I'd at least give it a try even though I'm not an Attack on Titan fan.

davifus

« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2014, 12:02:47 am »
My wife and daughter just started watching Jojo's bizarre adventure stardust crusaders.. i already saw it but I'm not saying anything. ;D i act surprised at every turn lolz

I still haven't watch any of the JoJo's. I sure it's a good watch but I haven't found the time too.

Well this came out of nowhere
http://kotaku.com/attack-on-titan-marvel-characters-getting-official-c-1654205439?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

I'm not surprised with all the fame the Semi-Main Stream show are getting.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 12:08:15 am by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2014, 05:19:25 pm »
Started up a new anime that just started itself called Shirabako.  It's a slice of life show about an anime studio.  Some nice humor, pace keeps up well, seems like it'll be an enjoyable one.

davifus

« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2014, 07:23:25 pm »
Some of the OP & ED I ordered came in. Stupid me forgot to the order the 2nd OP of this show with the rest  :-[.

Started up a new anime that just started itself called Shirabako.  It's a slice of life show about an anime studio.  Some nice humor, pace keeps up well, seems like it'll be an enjoyable one.

I'll probably start on it soon.

davifus

abe

« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2014, 08:20:56 pm »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2014, 08:37:36 pm »
So apparently Frieza's back....
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-17/1st-key-visual-for-2015-dragon-ball-z-film-reveals-frieza/.81112

Odd to see Frieza return.  Kinda curious how Freiza will come back as a threat lol I'm all for it though.  Hopefully it'll be more action packed than Battle of Gods, which had a fun finale, but the rest of the time it was just goofy.  Entertaining, but it felt more like a lost episode than a movie.

maximo310

« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2014, 12:11:27 am »
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-17/1st-key-visual-for-2015-dragon-ball-z-film-reveals-frieza/.81112

Odd to see Frieza return.  Kinda curious how Freiza will come back as a threat lol I'm all for it though.  Hopefully it'll be more action packed than Battle of Gods, which had a fun finale, but the rest of the time it was just goofy.  Entertaining, but it felt more like a lost episode than a movie.
Yeah I hope this is a bit more action packed. Freeza's henchmen look pretty weird, and I'm wondered how they're going to buff Freeza up considering he's been dead all this time, and we have Super Saiyans everywhere and huge power levels, so maybe he might get a new form and some training so that he is a threat to Goku and friends. Beerus is apparently in the movie as well, but I'm not sure what he'll be doing in the plot just yet.

« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2014, 12:00:47 pm »

Yeah I hope this is a bit more action packed. Freeza's henchmen look pretty weird, and I'm wondered how they're going to buff Freeza up considering he's been dead all this time, and we have Super Saiyans everywhere and huge power levels, so maybe he might get a new form and some training so that he is a threat to Goku and friends. Beerus is apparently in the movie as well, but I'm not sure what he'll be doing in the plot just yet.

My guess, is that Beerus or Whis sense a return of Frieza, since I remember them talking about Freiza before as someone he was keeping an eye on.  My guess is they come to spectate the fight of Frieza and Goku.  I'm not sure they'd be playing a huge part, but never know.  A new form could be a way to explain Frieza's strength boost, learning it wherever he supposedly was as death is a weird thing in the DBZ universe lol

kevininja

« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2014, 04:50:30 pm »
Just watched the last episode of Attack on Titan on Netflix.

Man, I can't wait for Season 2!

davifus

« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2014, 04:59:54 pm »
Just watched the last episode of Attack on Titan on Netflix.

Man, I can't wait for Season 2!

If you can't wait just go read the Manga, It progressed a lot in it.

abe

« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2014, 11:15:52 pm »
I got around to finishing Persona 4 The Golden Animation and Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova today. P4G was pretty enjoyable as long as you've played through the game, but it would've been super confusing if I hadn't already. Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova was pretty good too, but some people can't stand the CG animations. I had no problem with them, I thought it looked neat and was a nice change.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

whiteyfox

« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2014, 06:17:59 pm »
Anyone who knows what's up with Sword Art Online? Is it getting another sequel? Will it stop soon or..?

« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2014, 05:51:39 am »
With the year ending soon, what were peoples favorite animes of the year? Doesn't have to be something that end this year, though to narrow it down, it should have at least started this year.

Shirobako - Been a nice show, good when you want something more reserved, slice of life, type stuff, looking into the background anime creation abit.  Can't particularly say I have all the characters names down well, but I enjoy watching it.

Aldnoah.Zero - While I still have issues with the ending, it was overall a pretty good show.  Some interesting mech suit battles that weren't just about one guy working to be stronger than the other.

Akame Ga Kill! - Uggh...this one is just a relentlessly brutal show lol  Incredibly violent, but it does bring you in with the characters and wanting to see where this all goes.

Sword Art Online 2 - To lay it out...The first part of SOA2, is better than the second half of SOA1, but that first part of SOA2, isn't as good as the first part of SOA1 lol Honestly I'm bummed they were done with GGO.  I feel like the problem with the second half of SOA2 is just that it isn't all that exciting.  What makes the show good, is the tension between the MMO danger and the RL danger, but there doesn't seem to be that anymore. I mean, it's fine to watch, but again like the first season, it peaked midway and now it isn't as engaging.  I still like it, but missing GGO.

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - So good, so ridiculous, just a ton of weird fun!

I watched a few others like Black Bullet which was okay, but super depressing and wouldn't overly recommend it.  Barakamon I technically watched most of and kinda liked it, but never finished it, but it was alright slice of life stuff.  That was kinda it.  I know there was more to watch this year, but haven't gotten around to anything else that came out this year other than an episode or two in a few random shows to test the waters that didn't pull me in.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 05:55:07 am by kamikazekeeg »