Author Topic: September 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 29890 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: September 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 09:57:12 pm »
Been wanting a Dogbone NES controller forever. But all I keep running across are the after-market third-party reproductions. I want a Nintendo one.

thecrypticodor

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 10:11:04 pm »
Been wanting a Dogbone NES controller forever. But all I keep running across are the after-market third-party reproductions. I want a Nintendo one.
Yeah those third party ones stink. I tried a Tomee one in the past and the second I took it out of the box the cord fell out of the controller. It wasn't even soldered onto the control board. I then soldered it onto the controller board and it worked for a month before it just inexplicably died.
Also the d-pad was cheap garbage. I guess  to save on plastic they didn't even mold the half ball that's on the bottom of a regular NES d-pad that allows it to rock from the center. You could actually press the center of the d-pad in and press all four directions at once.

You can find the real ones in the $20 range. Trust me it's worth the extra money.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 10:18:53 pm »
My wife claims Toys R Us was having some kind of sale on 3DS games. She came home with:

Cut the Rope
Disney Magical World
Kirby Triple Deluxe
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 07:43:18 am by turf »

foxhack

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 01:06:14 am »

... I think I might have one somewhere in my bucket o' console pads and cables, but it's in storage right now.

If you still need one in the future, lemme know.

bobster

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 09:52:48 am »
Oh my gosh, Reboot! I want that game just because I love Reboot. I should go to youtube to see how it's like first :P
I'm a big fan of the show too! I'm definitely going to be checking it out.

I still have my toploader from being a kid, but my girlfriend always uses the dogbone controller when we play  >:(. I'd love to have a second one lol.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 10:08:42 am »
I was not supposed to, but i could not resist:

:)

Warmsignal

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 12:55:37 pm »
Alundra 2 and Tonic Trouble. Took me forever to find Tonic Trouble, just one of those things where a common game hides from you, and you don't want to go on eBay and buy it.

argyle

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2014, 02:18:05 pm »
I have a bunch of $5 off $5 or more purchase coupons for Gamestop that are good this week only, so I've been picking up some cheap stuff yesterday & today:

PS3:
Dungeon Siege III - $8 after coupon
Darksiders - $5 after coupon
Motorstorm - .99

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

jcalder8

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2014, 08:28:55 pm »
I picked these up the other day for about $10 for each package:

abe

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2014, 12:23:44 pm »
Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS eShop) <--- Fantastic, plays similarly to Mega Man Zero, would highly recommend. ;D (Unless you don't buy digital only games)
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (PS Vita)
Mighty Gunvolt (3DS eShop)
Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers (Wii)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

soera

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2014, 05:26:15 pm »
I finally received a shipment of stuff from Belgium I had been waiting on for weeks. 9 CIB Master system games plus another dozen spares to sell/trade. Ace of aces, Asterix, Desert Speedtrap, Lucky dime caper, Master of Darkness, Mortal Kombat, Outrun 3-D :D, Submarine attack, and Xenon 2.

Ill post the extra list soon but some of the game include Bubble bobble, Wonder boy III, Asterix, Sonic, etc.

davifus

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2014, 05:47:51 pm »
Yeahhhhhhhh Finally came in the mail.

And a $5 dollar Coupon for Play-Asia... wow 5 dollars... 1 2 3 4... 5.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 06:44:07 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2014, 05:55:00 pm »

Nice! :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

karyann

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2014, 09:05:55 pm »

Here I was, so proud to have been able to read the katakana as "Sword Art Online" and know what game it was without asking, and then I looked just under and saw it written in plain English.  ::) Someday, it will be useful to me. SOMEDAY. I SWEAR. For now, it only helped me once... When choosing a Ramune (http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/blog/ramune-soda-group.jpg) flavor in our local Chinatown  :P (in my defence, there weren't any fruit pictures on the ones I had in front of me then).

...in a more related topic, I'll have to try these games and watch the anime! Seems like it's really popular.

davifus

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2014, 09:53:02 pm »

Here I was, so proud to have been able to read the katakana as "Sword Art Online" and know what game it was without asking, and then I looked just under and saw it written in plain English.  ::) Someday, it will be useful to me. SOMEDAY. I SWEAR. For now, it only helped me once... When choosing a Ramune (http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/blog/ramune-soda-group.jpg) flavor in our local Chinatown  :P (in my defence, there weren't any fruit pictures on the ones I had in front of me then).

...in a more related topic, I'll have to try these games and watch the anime! Seems like it's really popular.

haha, is Katakana the only thing you can read in Japanese? Lol  8) Ramune, they're alright.

The only reason I got these were because of the recent US release of this game (Digital only). I wasn't going to spend $40 on air so I found that there are (Chinese & English Sub) official releases, so I got the regular Chinese & English Sub & and the Limited Edition (Asia) because the LE was on a %50 sale so i got it for like $60 rather then the $100 something. I just checked Play-Asia again and now the price for the LE I got is $40... Ouch... I recommend  the Chinese & English sub rather than the Digital copy. I only got the limited edition because of all the goodies inside (Really nice stuff, keeping the Game sealed because there is not point in opening it).

Yeah, The anime is alright too but I would recommenced to watch SAO & GGO before playing the game because there are character from both shows in this game. The game is in a weird non-existing plot after a certain battle in the Anime/Manga.

The Chinese & English SAO has some funny translation.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 09:56:12 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)