Author Topic: September 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 30885 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: September 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #195 on: September 22, 2014, 10:01:30 am »
I was able to take a trip out of town to a flea market I visited last year some time, where I had passed up on Echo Night Beyond, then regretted it. One year later, I return and there it is still yet, $7.

That is awesome.  Too bad the place doesn't regularly get stuff.  No one else is shopping there. That could've been your secret spot; your honey hole, if you will.

Warmsignal

« Reply #196 on: September 22, 2014, 12:15:34 pm »
I was able to take a trip out of town to a flea market I visited last year some time, where I had passed up on Echo Night Beyond, then regretted it. One year later, I return and there it is still yet, $7.

That is awesome.  Too bad the place doesn't regularly get stuff.  No one else is shopping there. That could've been your secret spot; your honey hole, if you will.

To be specific it was a booth where the seller runs a kind of video store style set up, mostly dvds, but had a games section. The last time I went they had more games, so a few of them had actually sold, but Echo Night was still there, price reduced from 10 to 7.

On a similar note, I'm actually finding that a lot of good "game stores" are tending to be inside of indoor flea markets. I guess it's a more viable option for the dealers than paying full rent and utilities to run a retail store. No sales tax either, so that's a plus.

abe

« Reply #197 on: September 22, 2014, 02:25:54 pm »
Yaay, finally got my copy of the Fairy Fencer F LE. ;D That hat is way bigger than I thought it would be. Got a Monokuma Squad sticker too, the first time I've actually gotten one of those stickers from NIS America. I missed out on those Flonne Squad stickers a while back unfortunately.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #198 on: September 22, 2014, 04:19:15 pm »
Just stopping by to say hi and show off my best score ever!

Nice pick up!  Please tell you didn't get that at a yard sale for $50

Nice, welcome to the Neo Geo AES Collecting club, games for this console is stupid expensive, in fact my most ever paid for one game was for this console. ($300) I have about 70 games myself. I'd love to know the story behind you getting this even if it's I saw a lot on ebay and got it all for $500. BTW in case you didn't know, if you got a US system it will play "most" all Japanese carts in English. If it's a Japanese system then US carts will be in Japanese. Or is it a Japanese system with hacked bios and does both? Great pick up no matter how you got it. 

Turf the day I find a Neo Geo AES lot at a garage sale, I'll be dancing the whole way home especially if there's games in there I don't own. I'm shocked when a local game store gets something Neo Geo in, I've only seen 3 games ever at my local stores, and a few in the downtown Chicago area.

Hey Flea! I've collected AES for quite a while now, this was just an extra system and adding a ton of games for me. Made a deal via a craigslist ad. Paid $1050 for everything. It's a US system.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

davifus

« Reply #199 on: September 22, 2014, 04:40:25 pm »
Yaay, finally got my copy of the Fairy Fencer F LE. ;D That hat is way bigger than I thought it would be. Got a Monokuma Squad sticker too, the first time I've actually gotten one of those stickers from NIS America. I missed out on those Flonne Squad stickers a while back unfortunately.

Nice Still have yet to open mine yet.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #200 on: September 22, 2014, 08:18:28 pm »
Got my Retron 5 in today - testing it out now w/ the SNES games I picked up the other day, works great! :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Bwigdahl

« Reply #201 on: September 22, 2014, 08:21:34 pm »
Got my Retron 5 in today - testing it out now w/ the SNES games I picked up the other day, works great! :D

I spent like a day with one in my shopping cart on thinkgeek debating whether or not to get. I think I got to the 'one click away from buying it' screen like 3 times but I talked myself out of it every time. I'm still so torn on that system.

abe

« Reply #202 on: September 22, 2014, 08:25:44 pm »

I spent like a day with one in my shopping cart on thinkgeek debating whether or not to get. I think I got to the 'one click away from buying it' screen like 3 times but I talked myself out of it every time. I'm still so torn on that system.

I'm still trying to find one in stock somewhere for a decent price. :'( I wish I picked one up earlier when they were still in stock for $140 or less.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #203 on: September 22, 2014, 08:30:22 pm »

I'm still trying to find one in stock somewhere for a decent price. :'( I wish I picked one up earlier when they were still in stock for $140 or less.

Well when I was on thinkgeek they had them in stock for 139.99 (plus free shipping) and I just now went back to check and they're out of stock now... I should've just done it then dammit.

argyle

« Reply #204 on: September 22, 2014, 08:51:18 pm »
Yeah, I got mine from ThinkGeek. 

My first very brief impressions, having only played some SNES games on it:  It looks and sounds great, love the save options, different display / sound options, etc.  Only negative so far is the controller, it sucks - but of course it supports the standard system controllers so that's more or less irrelevant. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Bwigdahl

« Reply #205 on: September 22, 2014, 08:54:02 pm »
Yeah, I got mine from ThinkGeek. 

My first very brief impressions, having only played some SNES games on it:  It looks and sounds great, love the save options, different display / sound options, etc.  Only negative so far is the controller, it sucks - but of course it supports the standard system controllers so that's more or less irrelevant.

Yeah, the main selling point for me is the controller compatiblity options. Being able to use an SNES controller to play any game on any of the supported systems is heaven to me.

« Reply #206 on: September 23, 2014, 08:44:12 pm »
Todays grabs! Love finding games for a system you are really into at the moment.

davifus

« Reply #207 on: September 23, 2014, 10:23:00 pm »
Todays grabs! Love finding games for a system you are really into at the moment.

Yooooo, I'm so jealous of those Guncon2 finds. I only have Vampire Night Guncon.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

maximo310

« Reply #208 on: September 23, 2014, 11:29:25 pm »

Yooooo, I'm so jealous of those Guncon2 finds. I only have Vampire Night Guncon.
Wow you got 2 of those guncon 2 bundles and some great ps1 games. Saga Frontier is a pretty cool free-branching rpg to play, and its one of the better ones of the entire series.

spac316

« Reply #209 on: September 24, 2014, 12:09:04 am »
Just bought Vector Man 2 for Genesis, The Ninja for Master System and Final Fight 3 for SNES!