Author Topic: September 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 30764 times)

karyann

Re: September 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #255 on: September 28, 2014, 06:56:21 pm »
I'll join the train and say that's a sweet controller! I want the same! 

whiteyfox

« Reply #256 on: September 28, 2014, 07:02:09 pm »
Nothing impressive (mostly because they're new/available stuff), but I bought Titanfall for Xbox One and waiting on Killer Instinct's retail edition this week.

« Reply #257 on: September 28, 2014, 07:14:33 pm »
SMB3 box
Sonic Wings (aka Aero Fighters)
Emerald Blue GC controller
G&W Octopus
Holy crap, that emerald GC controller looks so sleek and nice! Man, I really need to get one of these since japan got all the cool colored controllers.
Just what I was thinking, I love that controller!  ;D

The Emerald ones get pretty pricey but I was able to get this one for under 30 because there was a catch....

The seller stated that the left analog stick didn't work correctly. From reading that I assumed it was loose or something, as a lot of used controllers are. What I normally do with loose left sticks is desolder them and switch them out with the C-Stick since they don't get regular use and are typically more firm.

When I finally plugged it in I found a different issue. When ever I move right the game reacts as if I'm inputting a little bit up as well. Maybe 10 to 15 degrees. The same effect happens when I move to the left; the system acts like I'm also putting pressure down. When I try to move the stick directly down the game system acts like I've only moved the analog stick half-way down. -Same with up. It's almost as if its not calibrated right. I tried unplugging and using the reset controller command to no effect.

I figured that the module was simply bad. So did what I regularly do: changed it with a replacement. Once set up again I found that the controller was still behaving in same manor. I checked the PCB and didn't spot an obvious shorts or bad traces. The few caps that are on the board look good too. Got any ideas on what the issue is? I guess if I really have too I'll swap out the whole board, but I would love to keep the original board if possible.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #258 on: September 28, 2014, 07:18:14 pm »

SMB3 box
Sonic Wings (aka Aero Fighters)
Emerald Blue GC controller
G&W Octopus

Controller, bah. I'm drooling over the SMB 3 box. :)

foxhack

« Reply #259 on: September 28, 2014, 07:53:39 pm »
Bought Rocket Knight for Steam (PC) for $3.74.

It might suck, but eh. :p

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #260 on: September 28, 2014, 07:59:31 pm »

Under 10 games on my XBox 360 wishlist, now! (Call of Duty 3, Dynasty Warriors 6 & 7, Dynasty Warrior: Gundam, Ghostbusters, Halo Anniversary, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, WWE 2K15)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 12:38:45 am by burningdoom »

maximo310

« Reply #261 on: September 28, 2014, 08:24:18 pm »

Under 10 games on my XBox 360 wishlist, now! (Call of Duty 3, Dynasty Warriors 6 & 7, Dynasty Warrior: Gundam, Ghostbusters, Halo Anniversary, & Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance)
Nice, I've heard some good things about Raiden IV, and its a cool xbox 360 exclusive along with the rest of the 360 shmup exclusive line. I still need to find this for my collection.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #262 on: September 28, 2014, 10:33:47 pm »
So I went to a flea market/junk store today and this happened when I got home.

Too bad those two things have nothing to do with each other.   :'(
I spent some of that Retropalooza fund raising money.  64 to go.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #263 on: September 28, 2014, 11:45:53 pm »
Hyrule Warriors on the Wii U, and purely just for the collection Shin Megami Tense: Soul Hackers and Devil Summoner for the saturn (JP). Been playing so much of Hyrule Warriors I forgot to post that I got it.

« Reply #264 on: September 29, 2014, 12:47:31 am »

Sweet. I hope you didn't pay too much!

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #265 on: September 29, 2014, 07:10:27 am »
I bought these yesterday.

Psp nba live 07
Psp wipeout pure
Psp gods eater burst

videopac 23 las vegas gambling
videopac 24 flipper

Megaduck street rider

Game master go bang

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #266 on: September 29, 2014, 09:25:38 am »

Sweet. I hope you didn't pay too much!

Oh, I paid waaaaaay to much for 6oz of plastic.  It was less than average, but still a lot for one game.  It didn't hurt too bad, though.  I dropped some of that Retropalooza money on it.  No I can only buy Samson or Flinstones 2.  Not both. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #267 on: September 29, 2014, 11:27:48 am »

Under 10 games on my XBox 360 wishlist, now! (Call of Duty 3, Dynasty Warriors 6 & 7, Dynasty Warrior: Gundam, Ghostbusters, Halo Anniversary, & Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance)
Nice, I've heard some good things about Raiden IV, and its a cool xbox 360 exclusive along with the rest of the 360 shmup exclusive line. I still need to find this for my collection.

I'm a big fan of the Raiden series, always have been. When I was a kid, the local pizza joint down the road had a Raiden II arcade that I'd waste hours on.

BTW, anyone else notice how pixely that DBZ Budokai 3 pic is? That was pulled from here on VGCollect.

foxhack

« Reply #268 on: September 29, 2014, 02:31:45 pm »
GREAT DAY.

So there's this family that comes from up North and they bring random games from various generations. They're usually super overpriced... but not this time, oh no. I paid 2.50 per PS1 game.

Silent Hill (Greatest Hits)
Area 51
Gekido
Perfect Weapon

ALL GAMES ARE MINT. Silent Hill will replace my existing GH copy. The Memory Card case was a buck from another seller who also had a few other PS1 games, but they were mostly game show adaptations so I passed. The other device is an EasyCap capture device I found somewhere else for a buck. It's untested, but it was a buck, so why not take a chance, you know?

argyle

« Reply #269 on: September 29, 2014, 03:03:53 pm »
GREAT DAY.

So there's this family that comes from up North and they bring random games from various generations. They're usually super overpriced... but not this time, oh no. I paid 2.50 per PS1 game.

Silent Hill (Greatest Hits)
Area 51
Gekido
Perfect Weapon

ALL GAMES ARE MINT. Silent Hill will replace my existing GH copy. The Memory Card case was a buck from another seller who also had a few other PS1 games, but they were mostly game show adaptations so I passed. The other device is an EasyCap capture device I found somewhere else for a buck. It's untested, but it was a buck, so why not take a chance, you know?

I've never even seen/heard of that Perfect Weapon game, and I thought I was familiar with pretty much every PS1 game there was!  Nice haul!  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis