Author Topic: September 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 30846 times)

davifus

Re: September 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #225 on: September 26, 2014, 02:00:49 am »
Got Crash Bandicoot 2 and Final Fantasy XII regular edition for a buck each at a goodwill bookstore.
My Super Limited Edition for DoDonPachi Saidaioujou came about 3 days earlier than expected, and I'm pretty pleased to all the content that is jammed packed inside the casing and well worth the money spent on it!

Oh My... Was it worth the $200? I thought about getting it then the Price tag slapped me into reality.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

maximo310

« Reply #226 on: September 26, 2014, 02:11:17 am »
Got Crash Bandicoot 2 and Final Fantasy XII regular edition for a buck each at a goodwill bookstore.
My Super Limited Edition for DoDonPachi Saidaioujou came about 3 days earlier than expected, and I'm pretty pleased to all the content that is jammed packed inside the casing and well worth the money spent on it!

Oh My... Was it worth the $200? I thought about getting it then the Price tag slapped me into reality.
I actually got it for $140 at Solaris Japan thanks to a long-lost gift card I got from a friend a while back. They have the best pricing for that edition compared to other sites on the web, plus I think its a great addition to any collection, considering this is Cave's last bullet hell shump( probably forever as well, since they seem to be busy with Facebook games nowadays.).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 02:24:51 am by maximo310 »

spac316

« Reply #227 on: September 26, 2014, 02:52:58 pm »
The Other day I bought Battletoads in Battlemaniacs(CiB) for SNES and Ghouls N' Ghosts. And just now I got Hyrule Warriors!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 10:25:39 pm by spac316 »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #228 on: September 26, 2014, 09:43:57 pm »
The Other day I bought Battletoads in Battlemaniacs(CiB) for SNES and Ghouls N' Ghosts. And just now I got Hyrule Warriors!

Niiiiiiiice pickup!

« Reply #229 on: September 27, 2014, 11:38:24 am »
Yesterday was one of the busiest days I have had in a long, long time. But I was able to sneak away and do some game hunting and am I glad I did! I will break the finds down Flea style:

N64
CIB N64 games - $5 each

PSP
Persona Limited Edition - $20
Hakuoki Limited Edition - $30

PS2
Grimgrimoire - $10

PS1
Einhander $20

PS3
Ar nosurge(new) - $40
Arcana Heart 3(new) - $40

Wii/WiiU
Hyrule Warriors(new) - $50
Freddi Fish - $2
Fragile Dreams(new) - $15

DS/3DS
Miles Edgeworth(new) - $12
Apollo Justice(new) - $12
Prof. Layton vs Pheonix Wright (new) - $30

Warmsignal

« Reply #230 on: September 27, 2014, 11:47:49 am »
Yesterday was one of the busiest days I have had in a long, long time. But I was able to sneak away and do some game hunting and am I glad I did! I will break the finds down Flea style:

N64
CIB N64 games - $5 each

It was also starting out a bit like an actual Flea haul - CIB N64, $5. Ya know, the usual.

Air Raid CIB - a nickel, etc.

Never the less, the content of that haul is quite epic. Fragile Dreams is a great one.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 11:49:40 am by Warmsignal »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #231 on: September 27, 2014, 11:51:34 am »
My wife told me today that this birthday present is waiting for me when we get home from vacation:

« Reply #232 on: September 27, 2014, 11:53:11 am »

N64
CIB N64 games - $5 each

It was also starting out a bit like an actual Flea haul - CIB N64, $5. Ya know, the usual.

Air Raid CIB - a nickel, etc.

Never the less, the content of that haul is quite epic. Fragile Dreams is a great one.

Yeah, would have lost my mind in disbelief if I had found Hyrule Warriors the day it came out for $2 at a thrift store :p

The newer stuff was a splurge at a local game store, but the other stuff was found while hunting at 2nd and Charles. They weren't a couple of bucks, but the PSP limited editions and Einhander were a excellent deal despite what I paid for them.

davifus

« Reply #233 on: September 27, 2014, 12:05:41 pm »

N64
CIB N64 games - $5 each

PSP

PS2
Grimgrimoire - $10

PS1
Einhander $20

PS3
Ar nosurge(new) - $40

Wii/WiiU
Freddi Fish - $2

DS/3DS

Very Jelly on those N64 box & Persona

Why a Standard Ar surge? Didn't you get the LE?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #234 on: September 27, 2014, 12:20:02 pm »

Very Jelly on those N64 box & Persona

Why a Standard Ar surge? Didn't you get the LE?

I pick up collectors/limited editions rarely. I only get them when I find them for a good price or they are very substantial. By substantial I mean more than an art book, soundtrack, and some nicknack. I bought Tales of Xillia CE and Tales of Symphonia CE because they had way more to them, especially the statue.

maximo310

« Reply #235 on: September 27, 2014, 02:25:04 pm »

N64
CIB N64 games - $5 each

PSP

PS2
Grimgrimoire - $10

PS1
Einhander $20

PS3
Ar nosurge(new) - $40

Wii/WiiU
Freddi Fish - $2

DS/3DS

Wow, you got some pretty good deals on that stuff, especially the psp LE's, N64, Ace Attorney games, and Einhander, a pretty hard to find game. I haven't heard of Fragile Dreams for the Wii, is it a game worth picking up?

« Reply #236 on: September 27, 2014, 02:27:58 pm »

N64
CIB N64 games - $5 each

PSP

PS2
Grimgrimoire - $10

PS1
Einhander $20

PS3
Ar nosurge(new) - $40

Wii/WiiU
Freddi Fish - $2

DS/3DS

Wow, you got some pretty good deals on that stuff, especially the psp LE's, N64, Ace Attorney games, and Einhander, a pretty hard to find game. I haven't heard of Fragile Dreams for the Wii, is it a game worth picking up?

Thank you :)

I haven't played it yet, but I hear it is a solid RPG and one of those few games on the Wii worth picking up that isn't first party Nintendo.

maximo310

« Reply #237 on: September 27, 2014, 02:38:45 pm »

N64
CIB N64 games - $5 each

PSP

PS2
Grimgrimoire - $10

PS1
Einhander $20

PS3
Ar nosurge(new) - $40

Wii/WiiU
Freddi Fish - $2

DS/3DS

Thank you :)

I haven't played it yet, but I hear it is a solid RPG and one of those few games on the Wii worth picking up that isn't first party Nintendo.
Alright then, it sounds worthy enough to put onto my wii wishlist and hope I can track it down somewhere. Considering how few  good rpgs are on the wii, this is something I gotta pick up while wii prices still are pretty low.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #238 on: September 28, 2014, 12:07:22 am »
Vacationing out of town (in the middle of nowhere) and I found these at their walmart today:

The sealed copy of Kirby's Return to Dreamland for $50 was a no brainer seeing how it goes for $80 new on Amazon now. They had 2 copies. I was tempted to snag the other copy for trade fodder.

Cross off one more wishlist item! :)

argyle

« Reply #239 on: September 28, 2014, 12:25:28 am »
Decent yard sale haul today.  Started out with a bit of a bummer - one sale had advertised nes, snes & n64 games so I had emailed them earlier this week.  They got back to me saying they would get a list up for me but I never heard back.  Sale started @ 7:00 w/ a no early bird request.  I got there about 6:45 and they were setting up, so I started talking to them.  Asked about the games & was told someone came by around 6:00 and they sold them to him. :plain: 

On the bright side, they had a Wii bundle w/ Animal Crossing complete & in excellent condition.  I asked if they'd sell AC by itself & they agreed - $1.  :D

Went on to get a box of PS2 stuff for $5 that looked like a better deal than it ended up being - still decent, but I really need to remember to always check the games as the main 2 I wanted were empty. :(  My old tube TV I use for my retro systems has been on the blink, so I found one slightly larger, newer & flat screen for $15.  Also got a better receiver for that TV for $10 at another sale.  Then got 3 360 games for $2 each at another sale - GTAV, CoD: Black Ops & Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

Took the stuff from today's haul that I didn't want/need & some other things I wanted to get rid of to the local retro store & got a ton of credit.  Used some of it to snag a Fire Orange N64 (but sadly he didn't have the FO controller so he gave me a Atomic Purple one instead - very tight stick tho :) ).  Also picked up DK64 & Diddy Kong Racing along with a knock-off snes controller.  Probably should have asked if he had a real one, but it will do for now.  He gave me a discount on pretty much everything, and even through in the DK64 manual and a manual for my Majora's Mask.  :) 

Oh, forgot the funniest yard sale story.  Got a complete & mint big box copy of X-Wing Vs. Tie Fighter for $1.  Same sale also had a copy of WWE '12 for the PS3 marked at $5 - I asked them if they'd take $1 for it as well because I saw it just yesterday selling for $5 at GS and they balked at that, like the wrestling game was some kind of treasure.  But in their words "that other one is just a Windows '98 game."  Lol, ok.  ;) :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis