Author Topic: September 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 30766 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: September 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #270 on: September 29, 2014, 03:22:35 pm »
GREAT DAY.

So there's this family that comes from up North and they bring random games from various generations. They're usually super overpriced... but not this time, oh no. I paid 2.50 per PS1 game.

Silent Hill (Greatest Hits)
Area 51
Gekido
Perfect Weapon

ALL GAMES ARE MINT. Silent Hill will replace my existing GH copy. The Memory Card case was a buck from another seller who also had a few other PS1 games, but they were mostly game show adaptations so I passed. The other device is an EasyCap capture device I found somewhere else for a buck. It's untested, but it was a buck, so why not take a chance, you know?

Nice pickup. :) Area 51 is popping up all over the place suddenly.

I also have that exact same memory card holder. :) It's pretty convenient.

foxhack

« Reply #271 on: September 29, 2014, 03:34:05 pm »

I have three or four of those around, it just sucks that they can't hold my PS2 cards.

I wasn't even going to pick up Area 51, but... at that price, why not?

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #272 on: September 29, 2014, 05:01:47 pm »

I have three or four of those around, it just sucks that they can't hold my PS2 cards.

I wasn't even going to pick up Area 51, but... at that price, why not?

I got mine from theflea for a song too. Then picked one up in a lot at a yard sale a month later. :P

I also wish the holder held ps2 cards. I was thinking of making my own insert for it.

foxhack

« Reply #273 on: September 29, 2014, 05:14:15 pm »
I got mine from theflea for a song too. Then picked one up in a lot at a yard sale a month later. :P

I also wish the holder held ps2 cards. I was thinking of making my own insert for it.

I think it might be easy to modify these to accept PS2 cards using a dremel. You'd only have to sand them down a little bit more so they'll accept the slightly less rounded edge of a PS2 card...

argyle

« Reply #274 on: September 29, 2014, 08:08:52 pm »
Got my Natural Doctrine from Amazon today!  $20 off the retail price plus a $10 gift cert for preordering & I get it a day early?  Yeah, that works for me! :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #275 on: September 29, 2014, 08:17:11 pm »
GREAT DAY.

So there's this family that comes from up North and they bring random games from various generations. They're usually super overpriced... but not this time, oh no. I paid 2.50 per PS1 game.

Silent Hill (Greatest Hits)
Area 51
Gekido
Perfect Weapon

ALL GAMES ARE MINT. Silent Hill will replace my existing GH copy. The Memory Card case was a buck from another seller who also had a few other PS1 games, but they were mostly game show adaptations so I passed. The other device is an EasyCap capture device I found somewhere else for a buck. It's untested, but it was a buck, so why not take a chance, you know?

Gekido has been on my want list for a long time. Nice score on everything else too.

Warmsignal

« Reply #276 on: September 30, 2014, 12:31:44 am »
Kirby's Return to Dream Land. Spent down most all of my GS points for $25 off of this game. Seemed like a wise decision. I'm not sure why the used value is now back up to retail, but satisfied to have only grazed that bullet.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #277 on: September 30, 2014, 02:20:43 am »
Kirby's Return to Dream Land. Spent down most all of my GS points for $25 off of this game. Seemed like a wise decision. I'm not sure why the used value is now back up to retail, but satisfied to have only grazed that bullet.

Apparently it was released so late in the Wii's life that it was a very low production run and there's very little chance of a reprint.

I got lucky and found a copy Saturday night at the Walmart out here in the middle of nowhere for $50. But yeah, Amazon lists it at $80 new $50 used. :P The Walmart still has one more copy if someone want's me to snag it for them. Just $50 +shipping for a new & sealed copy.

maximo310

« Reply #278 on: September 30, 2014, 09:54:07 am »

Apparently it was released so late in the Wii's life that it was a very low production run and there's very little chance of a reprint.

I got lucky and found a copy Saturday night at the Walmart out here in the middle of nowhere for $50. But yeah, Amazon lists it at $80 new $50 used. :P The Walmart still has one more copy if someone want's me to snag it for them. Just $50 +shipping for a new & sealed copy.
Hmmm, that's pretty interesting actually. I got my copy back when it came out around 2011 just because I really wanted to play the game, and I'm glad I got it when it was easy to find in stores. Its a pretty fun game to play through, and I'd recommend it for anyone who wants to get in on this deal. I suspect the price could even jump higher in the future because of the low print run alone.

« Reply #279 on: September 30, 2014, 12:13:02 pm »
I picked up:

Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
Alien Storm (Genesis)
Uninvited (NES)
Section Z (NES)
Tax Avoiders (2600)
Dungeon Explorer (TG16)
Alien Invaders--Plus! (Odyssey2)

karyann

« Reply #280 on: September 30, 2014, 01:23:57 pm »
Just received my Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Children: Black book! I'm super happy, it's in really good shape. I didn't know that it came with the sticker and card, so I'm even happier!  :D

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 02:53:15 pm by karyann »

foxhack

« Reply #281 on: September 30, 2014, 03:20:12 pm »
I found a sealed Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2 for Gamecube for kinda cheap. Dunno if I should sell it, I don't really want it. ^^;

argyle

« Reply #282 on: September 30, 2014, 03:30:32 pm »
Just received my Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Children: Black book! I'm super happy, it's in really good shape. I didn't know that it came with the sticker and card, so I'm even happier!  :D

Wow, that's awesome!  How much did that set you back, if you don't mind me asking.  And is there an English patch for it? 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #283 on: September 30, 2014, 03:35:29 pm »
I picked up my preorder of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3) today. ;D As a nice surprise, EB Games gave out posters with the game for what I'm guessing was some kind of exclusive preorder bonus. While I was out, I also bought a sealed copy of the God of War Origins Collection (PS3) for $8.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

karyann

« Reply #284 on: September 30, 2014, 04:10:56 pm »
Wow, that's awesome!  How much did that set you back, if you don't mind me asking.  And is there an English patch for it?

It was $5 + $5 shipping, which was a very good price in my opinion! The loose copies were all $15 when I bought it.  ??? I don't know if there's an English patch, though... I have zero knowledge in term of language patches... is there even such a thing as a patch for a GBC game?  :o