Author Topic: Thrift Store finds  (Read 3384 times)

Re: Thrift Store finds
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 02:10:45 pm »
I still have my store bought Final Fantasy III. It's the one game I don't intend to sell off.

That was the problem; I let my manager at the time borrow my complete, mint copy after it was first released, and he never returned it. Claimed he had a party, and it was stolen, and didn't do a thing to compensate me.

amauriel

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 08:39:58 pm »
I still have my store bought Final Fantasy III. It's the one game I don't intend to sell off.

I'm the same way with my copy of Earthbound. It's my copy, that's my dog-eared guide, and if I had to sell off all my games but one, that'd be the one.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

forte

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 09:09:56 pm »
Best thing I ever got at a thrift shop was a 5 dollar copy of Power Stone that still smells like cigarette smoke, and I bought it in 2003

htimreimer

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 12:08:01 pm »
Best thing I ever got at a thrift shop was a 5 dollar copy of Power Stone that still smells like cigarette smoke, and I bought it in 2003

that game was either use as ashtray or it was in a home with a heavy smoker or both

soera

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 01:04:03 pm »
I would have to say Im lucky. My other half works in the book/game department of a local thrift store so I usually get first shot at the stuff that comes in. Ive gotten the unofficial ff7 guide with the game, twilight princess on the gamecube with the guide, lots of random games from all systems, the collector's edition of a few Zelda guides (the hardback ones) and more stuff than I can even remember.

atariboy

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 08:39:53 pm »
Mine would have to be that I found Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Friday the 13th for the Atari 2600 for $20 a piece. And finding 60 atari 2600 games at Salvation Army for $.25 non that were really common.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw