Author Topic: Hardcore FF Fans! The Box Set for FFVII,VIII,IV dont forget to preorder.  (Read 1763 times)

davifus

Awesome Box Set of the Guides for FFVII, VIII, IX.

http://www.amazon.com/FINAL-FANTASY-FFVII-FFVIII-FFIX/dp/1101898046
-Amazon is having a sale for the preorder @$87.83

http://www.gamestop.com/strategy-guides/final-fantasy-box-set-ffvii-ffviii-ffix/116349
- Everywhere else is $129.99

For some reason Gamestop has their release date for Oct 7 rather than Nov 4th like Amazon? the rest.

I already pre-order mine!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 05:24:04 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

Re: Hardcore FF Fans! The Box Set for FFVII,VIII,IV dont forget to preorder.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 06:29:46 pm »
This is really, really cool, but why are they releasing these guides now? Is it just because or are they rereleasing these games in some format?

davifus

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 06:32:05 pm »
This is really, really cool, but why are they releasing these guides now? Is it just because or are they rereleasing these games in some format?

I dont know their specific reasons but I guess because they wanted too? Regardless of their reason this box set is going to look great in my collection.

soera

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 12:38:23 am »
They are neat ... but that price is absurd. :(

davifus

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 12:41:02 am »

Go grab the Amazon deal before the sale disappear. I'm only paying about $93 for it with amazon.

maximo310

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 01:38:57 pm »
It still seems high of a price for 3 strategy guides in a box set. It's looks nice, but is there something in the contents of those guides that explains the high price of the set?

davifus

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 01:41:48 pm »
It still seems high of a price for 3 strategy guides in a box set. It's looks nice, but is there something in the contents of those guides that explains the high price of the set?

"Each guide comes with a ribbon bookmark and gets a special holographic cover art, and they all are secured in a slipcase with magnetic closure. Since the guides are being re-released by Prima Publishing (originally by BrandyGames), the guides have been redesigned and updated with higher quality screenshots and newly written contents."

I guess because they are going all out on each guide.

Source: http://squareportal.net/2014/08/07/final-fantasy-box-set-ffvii-ffviii-ffix-listed-by-multiple-retailers/

I like the whole hardcover thing. I'm not much a fan of paperback guide books.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 01:43:46 pm by davifus »

abe

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 08:08:08 pm »

It would be neat if we got a Final Fantasy VII|VIII|IX HD Remaster, like what we just got with the Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster.

"Each guide comes with a ribbon bookmark and gets a special holographic cover art, and they all are secured in a slipcase with magnetic closure. Since the guides are being re-released by Prima Publishing (originally by BrandyGames), the guides have been redesigned and updated with higher quality screenshots and newly written contents."

Source: http://squareportal.net/2014/08/07/final-fantasy-box-set-ffvii-ffviii-ffix-listed-by-multiple-retailers/

Wow, that's some high quality stuff. Though I'd personally rather put that much money on a Playstation TV, or just some more games.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 09:24:40 pm »

It would be neat if we got a Final Fantasy VII|VIII|IX HD Remaster, like what we just got with the Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster.

Wow, that's some high quality stuff. Though I'd personally rather put that much money on a Playstation TV, or just some more games.

argyle

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 12:11:27 pm »

I'm guessing because the Zelda guide box set they put out last year must have done really well for them.  Speaking of which...

That Zelda guide hung around for a LONG time, and earlier this year could be had for a fraction of what Amazon was originally asking (and just like this set, Amazon was asking less than retail for the Zelda set as well at release).  Heck, I just checked and that Zelda set is STILL in stock:  http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Box-Set-Official/dp/0804161380/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410278989&sr=8-1&keywords=zelda+guide+box

My point being, unless you absolutely have to have this ASAP I'd wait, I'm betting we'll see it around $50 or less at some point next year. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

davifus

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 12:40:51 pm »

I'm guessing because the Zelda guide box set they put out last year must have done really well for them.  Speaking of which...

That Zelda guide hung around for a LONG time, and earlier this year could be had for a fraction of what Amazon was originally asking (and just like this set, Amazon was asking less than retail for the Zelda set as well at release).  Heck, I just checked and that Zelda set is STILL in stock:  http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Zelda-Box-Set-Official/dp/0804161380/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410278989&sr=8-1&keywords=zelda+guide+box

My point being, unless you absolutely have to have this ASAP I'd wait, I'm betting we'll see it around $50 or less at some point next year.

I get your point but I dont like taking chances.
Thanks for the telling me about Zelda Prima Set books. I totally forgot about it. now, I have to pick it up.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 01:34:41 pm by davifus »

argyle

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 02:31:25 pm »
The Zelda set is super-nice, and I totally get it if you want to get the FF set asap to make sure you have it.  Nothing wrong with that.  :) 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

davifus

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 07:56:39 pm »
The Zelda set is super-nice, and I totally get it if you want to get the FF set asap to make sure you have it.  Nothing wrong with that.  :)

But man $100 dollar for it... I remember it being around 70-80 something during the preorders... Regrets...