Author Topic: Less than 50 games to go!  (Read 3301 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Less than 50 games to go!
« on: September 09, 2014, 12:23:43 am »
My wishlist is down to less than 50 games!

The bad news is I am down to the expensive and less often found stuff.

Not rare per se but I'm honestly thinking of axing my TG-16 wishlist items because once I pickup Bonk and Bonk's Revenge I don't think I can afford anything else worth getting on the console.

dreama1

Re: Less than 50 games to go!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 02:34:19 am »

Not rare per se but I'm honestly thinking of axing my TG-16 wishlist items because once I pickup Bonk and Bonk's Revenge I don't think I can afford anything else worth getting on the console.
You banned games from being added? Common problem with my list it grows faster than it shrinks.

tpugmire

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 09:35:25 am »
If you region mod your TG-16 so it will play PC Engine games too, you'll find that they are generally cheaper than the US games, even with shipping. It's weird but true.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 11:34:21 am »

You banned games from being added? Common problem with my list it grows faster than it shrinks.

Didn't ban them from being added. I just honestly am closing the gap on what I've always wanted for all the consoles I currently have.

abe

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 05:31:12 pm »

Didn't ban them from being added. I just honestly am closing the gap on what I've always wanted for all the consoles I currently have.

I wish I knew what that felt like.  :P
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

karyann

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 08:26:23 pm »

I wish I did, but at the same time I'm glad I don't. I still enjoy hunting too much to wish I couldn't stop soon :P

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 09:11:06 pm »

Oddly enough as I was telling my wife the other day... It feels depressing as hell. :)

I might just add a 3DO and a bunch of 3DO games in just to spice things up.

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 12:36:01 am »
That is really awesome! Congrats!! I probably won't be down to 50 games on my want list until I'm 40 lol. It's going to be a slow climb from here on out :p.

And I hear you about the TG16. I've thought about collecting for it, but it just sounds way to pricey.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 12:57:56 am »
That is really awesome! Congrats!! I probably won't be down to 50 games on my want list until I'm 40 lol. It's going to be a slow climb from here on out :p.

And I hear you about the TG16. I've thought about collecting for it, but it just sounds way to pricey.

It is. The small handful of TG-16 games on my list are discouragingly expensive and I even stuck to just the must haves. The other crazy expensive stuff on my wishlist is Kirby. That damn powder puff is a gold digger!

davifus

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 11:57:46 am »
Less than 50?

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

foxhack

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 09:10:48 pm »
If you region mod your TG-16 so it will play PC Engine games too, you'll find that they are generally cheaper than the US games, even with shipping. It's weird but true.

That's possible? I thought the TG-16 and PCE pinouts were different, so you couldn't use one region's cards on the other without an expensive as hell adapter.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 03:44:22 pm »

That's possible? I thought the TG-16 and PCE pinouts were different, so you couldn't use one region's cards on the other without an expensive as hell adapter.

2 of the pins are different. You can mod the console with a switch to make the console go back and forth between regions or get the expensive as hell adapter.

I'll probably just get an everdrive.

I'm back up to 52 items now because I added all my 3DO wants to my wishlist. (Technically only 51 because I would be happy with either the FZ1 or the FZ10)

tpugmire

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 07:26:00 pm »
I modded mine, so yeah it's possible. Lots of tedious soldering on the pins, but it's not too hard.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

spac316

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 09:41:46 pm »
I need about over 1,200+ more to go and counting... :P
Of course I probably can't get them all.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2014, 10:00:44 pm »
I modded mine, so yeah it's possible. Lots of tedious soldering on the pins, but it's not too hard.

Your avatar is awesome.