Author Topic: Pier Solar  (Read 13202 times)

davifus

Re: Pier Solar
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2015, 07:40:16 pm »
Email Update (Received Feb 10th) - Forgot to post

"We would like to inform that the Pier Solar REPRINT and REPRINT_EP have been successfully manufactured and are now in transit to our distribution points.
If you have preordered either of those items, you will shortly receive another email (probably next week) to let you input your shipping address and trigger its immediate shipment to your home."

"For Pier Solar Dreamcast, PC/LINUX/MAC the game is still under final testing at the moment.
The Strategy Guide is still under proofreading at the moment.
If you have preordered any of those items, you will receive another email shortly to let you know of progress.

Please note again:
- We only require your shipping address at shipping time.
- You will decide of the exact timing you want your preorder to be shipped, so you can also wait further to get your Strategy Guide shipped along with your games, it's flexible.
- May the game be sold-out again, your preorder is secured in our stock, please no stress!"

A big thanks again for your patience, which should be rewarded! We also have some extra Pier Solar surprises (small hint: "BITS").

I dont get the hint BITS.

Welp Dreamcast RIP  :'(
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

bobster

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2015, 07:48:00 pm »
I got that email the other day. I hope they finish the Strategy Guide and Dreamcast version soon. It's getting kind of ridiculous.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

davifus

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2015, 08:45:06 pm »
I got that email the other day. I hope they finish the Strategy Guide and Dreamcast version soon. It's getting kind of ridiculous.
Lets hope the "goodies" will make it up.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2015, 10:55:56 pm »

That is an understatement lol

I've been on this Watermelon roller coaster just for a year, I cannot imagine if you were one of the Kickstarter funders from back in 2012. I understand delays, but Watermelon has produced some of the worst PR I have ever seen with few updates or explanation why things are being pushed back. I'd cancel my order if I wasn't afraid doing so would complicate things to the point where I'd never see my money or my game.

bobster

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2015, 08:25:02 am »

That is an understatement lol

I've been on this Watermelon roller coaster just for a year, I cannot imagine if you were one of the Kickstarter funders from back in 2012. I understand delays, but Watermelon has produced some of the worst PR I have ever seen with few updates or explanation why things are being pushed back. I'd cancel my order if I wasn't afraid doing so would complicate things to the point where I'd never see my money or my game.
The only saving grace for me is that they've put out the digital versions. I know there is at least the game, and that it exists. I guess now it's just making sure the DC version is up to snuff.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2015, 12:07:41 pm »
Man I had a great surprise last night! I've been waiting forever for the Xbox Live Arcade or Dreamcast version of this game to come out. I finally had given up on either version ever being released.

Well, I'm on my new Wii U, just browsing the eShop, and lo and behold, in front of my very eyes is Pier Solar available for download!!! I had no idea it was already on Wii U! After work today, I will be heading to GameStop to get a eShop Points Card!

foxhack

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2015, 03:37:55 pm »
This game has been out on PCs for months, yet I still can't bring myself to buy it.

desocietas

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2015, 04:58:14 pm »
This game has been out on PCs for months, yet I still can't bring myself to buy it.

Yeah, I'm holding off, too, for some reason.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Bwigdahl

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2015, 05:02:58 pm »
Email Update (Received Feb 10th) - Forgot to post

"We would like to inform that the Pier Solar REPRINT and REPRINT_EP have been successfully manufactured and are now in transit to our distribution points.
If you have preordered either of those items, you will shortly receive another email (probably next week) to let you input your shipping address and trigger its immediate shipment to your home."

"For Pier Solar Dreamcast, PC/LINUX/MAC the game is still under final testing at the moment.
The Strategy Guide is still under proofreading at the moment.
If you have preordered any of those items, you will receive another email shortly to let you know of progress.

Please note again:
- We only require your shipping address at shipping time.
- You will decide of the exact timing you want your preorder to be shipped, so you can also wait further to get your Strategy Guide shipped along with your games, it's flexible.
- May the game be sold-out again, your preorder is secured in our stock, please no stress!"

A big thanks again for your patience, which should be rewarded! We also have some extra Pier Solar surprises (small hint: "BITS").

I dont get the hint BITS.

Welp Dreamcast RIP  :'(

The surprises better be fucking awesome, lol... Been checking my email every day this week, still nothing. At least the version I preordered (Genesis reprint) SEEMS to be done. But at this point, who knows?

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2015, 07:04:03 pm »
I am part of the DC kickstarter and also am waiting on a reprint copy for Genesis. Double whammy for me I guess...

Not really worried about NOT getting it considering how long it took Watermelon to originally get the Genesis version out the door.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2015, 10:51:53 pm »
Hello Backers 
We have been working hard to ensure that the Physical release goes off without any margin of error.
Bug testing and working against the Dreamcast constraints has been a mighty challenge, however I am now proud to say that the hard work (And you’re patience and support) has paid off.
We are happy to say that the physical releases of Pier Solar And The Great Architects HD is almost ready, after everything is finalized and complete, all contents will be manufactured and the disks ready to print.
We know it’s been a long road and many people have been waiting for some time and we are hoping that by March all of your patience will be rewarded.
We'd also like to point out that due to our reduced staff we can't keep track of all comments, so if you need to reach us for any reason, please use the Kickstarter Message system, and you'll receive a prompt response.
We'll be recording a video next week showcasing the Dreamcast version running and also some of the new features in the game, please watch out for another update shortly after.
We thank you for all your patience and support. Without you Pier Solar HD wouldn't exist.
All the very best.
WaterMelon

Just got that email

Bwigdahl

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2015, 03:07:51 pm »
Well my Genesis reprint version SHOULD be shipping soon, just got an email where i finalized my order and gave them my shipping info and everything... fingers crossed.

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2015, 10:25:42 am »
can someone please explain to me the difference of the genesis pier solar reprint and the genesis pier solar EP reprint? thanks in advance

Bwigdahl

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2015, 10:50:09 am »
My copy has shipped!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2015, 12:12:44 pm »
I started playing this today. Just a bit of advice for everyone: Go to the options menu and turn off the "auto-path" option. It's so annoying to control your party otherwise. They will snake around every object they come across whether you want them to or not and it drives you nuts. Took me a little bit to figure that out.