Author Topic: Hyrule Warriors  (Read 5414 times)

Re: Hyrule Warriors
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 03:34:57 pm »
I've only played Samurai Warriors prior to this and didn't find it quite as enjoyable, but I'm really liking Hyrule Warriors so far.  I think the lack of just full-blown action games on the 3DS and Wii U probably makes me like it more.  Been doing co-op with my girlfriend.  Hopefully we can get everything in it done before Borderlands comes out.

argyle

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2014, 07:20:42 am »
I MUST have the soundtrack to this game!  Simply amazing!

So far my only complaint is that Nintendo still won't allow Zelda characters to actually talk.  :-\ Very small nit-pick, but in 2014 it really stands out.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2014, 02:02:52 pm »

So far my only complaint is that Nintendo still won't allow Zelda characters to actually talk.  :-\ Very small nit-pick, but in 2014 it really stands out.

I don't mind it TOO much, it is a little silly, but it's just kinda Zelda's thing, though the obnoxious "Oh, Ah, Uhh" sound effects for when they talk get a tad obnoxious lol I don't see the necessity of them doing it and the day Link talks will be a weird one lol

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2014, 02:37:39 pm »

The constant little "uhh," "hrrr," "ehh" sounds in place of dialog is really jarring. It'd be better completely silent.

karyann

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2014, 01:20:23 pm »

The constant little "uhh," "hrrr," "ehh" sounds in place of dialog is really jarring. It'd be better completely silent.

From my experience, that's a very Japanese way of doing it. Lots of Japanese RPGs have these kinds of sounds during dialogs without full voice acting. It sometimes doesn't fit at all, like in Fire Emblem: Awakening where the sound is sometimes the opposite of what the character says, haha.

maximo310

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2014, 02:01:25 pm »

From my experience, that's a very Japanese way of doing it. Lots of Japanese RPGs have these kinds of sounds during dialogs without full voice acting. It sometimes doesn't fit at all, like in Fire Emblem: Awakening where the sound is sometimes the opposite of what the character says, haha.
That's my only compliant I had with the game. I wish there was more voice acting since the one- word/grunts really doesn't convey what the character is trying to say at the moment. Maybe they'll get a bigger budget for the next game because of Awakening's success and be able to add more spoken dialogue into the game.

spac316

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2014, 09:13:10 pm »
Yeah, I would've preferred voice acting. It's hard to read and fight at the same time, lol!

maximo310

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2014, 09:28:08 pm »
Well I do remember there are 4 different Fire Emblem Awakening Drama CDs based on different events  of the game through that were released awhile back only in Japan. It was interesting to listen to, even though I couldn't understand most of what was going on. There are unoffical text translations for all of the lines in those CDs around the net so it would worth a read/listen. I wish they could take the sort of ongoing dialogue and put in the game; I'd fill like it would draw me into the game even more.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2014, 11:44:02 pm »
I think what make there being no voice acting odd at least for this game is the fact that it has a narrator. normally no voice acting for a Zelda game is fine with me but this one it seems to bother me a little.

argyle

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2014, 10:35:54 am »

That's my only compliant I had with the game. I wish there was more voice acting since the one- word/grunts really doesn't convey what the character is trying to say at the moment. Maybe they'll get a bigger budget for the next game because of Awakening's success and be able to add more spoken dialogue into the game.

It's not a budget issue, it's definitely a Nintendo quirk.  I say that because every other Warriors game has full voice acting, and they always have since the first game on the PS2 if I remember correctly.  That's one of the things that makes it so jarring here to me. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2014, 09:47:13 am »

It's not a budget issue, it's definitely a Nintendo quirk.  I say that because every other Warriors game has full voice acting, and they always have since the first game on the PS2 if I remember correctly.  That's one of the things that makes it so jarring here to me. 

It's totally a Nintendo quirk.  Charles Martinet, the voice of Mario, offered to do the voice of Link, and Miyamoto pretty much responded with "Link will never talk." 

Well, maybe it's more of a Miyamoto quirk.

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2014, 05:15:04 pm »
The next update which comes with the free boss characters is out today along with the first DLC pack for the game which includes another Adventure Map the same size as before, new prequel scenario, and some new items, such as Epona for Link.  Epona is pretty fantastic, probably my favorite weapon of Link's so far (Haven't unlocked the Great Fairy yet) mostly because of the mobility.  You slash and strike as you continue to move with the horse, so it cuts through minions and everything really great.

Haven't done the scenario yet for Cia, but I'm liking playing as Cia, though I'm not normally fond of the specials that kinda just hold you in place too much.  Volga seems cool, but only did one level, and haven't played as Wizzro yet.

The adventure map this time around looks like it'll unlock some new options for your weapons and at least one new recolor costume for everyone I assume as Link's first costume you unlock in it is a purple version of his Hyrule Warriors outfit.  Only minor disappointment I'd say is that the map itself is exactly the same as the original one, just with all the challenges and items being different.  Kinda woulda been cool to have it be Zelda 2 or a Link to the past instead I guess, even if the map itself really doesn't matter.  Also a little bit of a challenge to it is that each challenge on the map has an assortment of like 6 or so handicaps, like being unable to guard or get healing items, stuff like that.

Overall, just more content that is gonna keep me playing for a good long while as I'm not even done with standard game yet lol

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2014, 06:55:38 pm »
Anyone else still playing? I finally have all of the main weapons unlocked for Link (Not all of the more powerful versions) and I gotta say that the Great Fairy is amazing.  Visually, it's literally you moving around the giant fairy, with Link trapped in a bottle that she floats around and when ever she goes to do special moves, she dumps him out, with him either just standing around or participating.  Her yellow bar attack is launching moon from Majora's Mask onto an area.  It's kinda weird going from like Epona, who is always at a faster speed, to the Great Fairy, who is almost always slow, even when going into the run.  She's incredibly fun though and that's what I love best about the game.  The core is rather repetitive with the brain dead enemies and consistent Keep capturing, but the visuals and constantly entertaining Zelda aspects really keep me going to see more.

Also for a news bite, it was confirmed that Amiibo will work with Hyrule Warriors.  We don't know in what way, but I assume this means we'll be able to use Zelda, Link, and eventually Sheik and Ganon when they release, in the game to some degree.  I'm screwed if they decide to do a whole batch of Hyrule Warriors specific figures lol

maximo310

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2014, 12:03:24 am »
Anyone else still playing? I finally have all of the main weapons unlocked for Link (Not all of the more powerful versions) and I gotta say that the Great Fairy is amazing.  Visually, it's literally you moving around the giant fairy, with Link trapped in a bottle that she floats around and when ever she goes to do special moves, she dumps him out, with him either just standing around or participating.  Her yellow bar attack is launching moon from Majora's Mask onto an area.  It's kinda weird going from like Epona, who is always at a faster speed, to the Great Fairy, who is almost always slow, even when going into the run.  She's incredibly fun though and that's what I love best about the game.  The core is rather repetitive with the brain dead enemies and consistent Keep capturing, but the visuals and constantly entertaining Zelda aspects really keep me going to see more.

Also for a news bite, it was confirmed that Amiibo will work with Hyrule Warriors.  We don't know in what way, but I assume this means we'll be able to use Zelda, Link, and eventually Sheik and Ganon when they release, in the game to some degree.  I'm screwed if they decide to do a whole batch of Hyrule Warriors specific figures lol
I did hear about that with Link the other day. I'm not too sure if they're going to make game specific figurines since this first series of amiibos seems like the testing ground for their usage, so they may do game specific figures if they get popular enough.

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2014, 02:23:17 am »

I did hear about that with Link the other day. I'm not too sure if they're going to make game specific figurines since this first series of amiibos seems like the testing ground for their usage, so they may do game specific figures if they get popular enough.

I'd like more, but my guess is they'll just do ones they have in Smash, since they'll work for two games.  Especially for Link who will likely be usable in Mario Kart 8 also when his DLC is released.