Author Topic: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 33076 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2014, 12:32:23 am »
Picked up some more stuff today.

Got stuff at Shopko and Goodwill.

Can you guess what came from where?

PS3
Crysis 3 (sealed)

Emerson Arcadia-2001
Cat Trax (complete in box)
Space Attack (only missing the controller overlays)
Escape (cib)
Space Raiders (cib)
Alien Invaders (only missing the controller overlays)
Ocean Battle (cib)
Break Away (only missing the controller overlays)
Tanks Alot (cib)

Warmsignal

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2014, 12:53:38 am »
I heard about Shopko running into a warehouse full of brand new Arcadia games.  :P

To be honest, I've never even heard of an Arcadia 2001 until just now.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2014, 01:17:56 am »
I heard about Shopko running into a warehouse full of brand new Arcadia games.  :P

To be honest, I've never even heard of an Arcadia 2001 until just now.

Same here. I don't even see it listed in theflea's collection. I'm about to find out if there is a category for it on the site. What do I do if there isn't?

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2014, 01:19:56 am »
Okay... There are actually 2 Arcadia 2001 [NA] sections... that has to be a mistake.

argyle

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2014, 06:59:03 am »
Tanks Alot (cib)

Lol, someone must have thought they were clever.  ;D :P

Nice haul!
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2014, 01:46:05 pm »

I thought Other M was awesome despite how much hate it gets from the core Metroid fanbase.

It wasn't just the core Metroid fanbase, but also women and people who respect women, as the game is sexist as hell.  They might as well have had Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball girls in the stupid thing. 

Plus, it's the only story I've ever trudged through where the main character didn't even affect the hole-filled plot at all.  She just stood around while a terrible story happened around her.  Not to mention that somehow, somehow, they turned the heroine protagonist into a damsel in distress in her own damn game!

Now I'm all riled up. *huffs n puffs n such*  Just one of the worst things I've ever played in my life.

Duke Nukem Forever was less sexist.

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2014, 01:46:52 pm »

Oh, and per the point of the thread, my most recent purchase was to download Wild Guns on the Wii U last night.  Given the prices in the secondary market, this is my best chance to play this game right now.

foxhack

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2014, 01:47:46 pm »
You know, you can edit your own posts. :o

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2014, 01:49:19 pm »
You know, you can edit your own posts. :o

Hit the wrong button.  Still flustered over the pure suckfest that was Other M.  All I see is furious red!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2014, 02:05:56 pm »

I thought Other M was awesome despite how much hate it gets from the core Metroid fanbase.

It wasn't just the core Metroid fanbase, but also women and people who respect women, as the game is sexist as hell.  They might as well have had Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball girls in the stupid thing. 

Plus, it's the only story I've ever trudged through where the main character didn't even affect the hole-filled plot at all.  She just stood around while a terrible story happened around her.  Not to mention that somehow, somehow, they turned the heroine protagonist into a damsel in distress in her own damn game!

Now I'm all riled up. *huffs n puffs n such*  Just one of the worst things I've ever played in my life.

Duke Nukem Forever was less sexist.

Meh, I'm a sexual pig. I like my women objectified and sexy in my media. Not saying I disrespect women in real life, I just like some T & A. So that's not an issue for me. I'm not worried about things being PC.

spac316

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2014, 02:20:59 pm »
Other M was admittedly not as good as the Prime games or the 2D games in the series. But an "abomination"? I think that's a bit strong. I still enjoyed the game, and it still had that Nintendo-level of polish to it.
I agree, I think people were to hard on it, critics and nerds alike. :P
I mean c'mon, God forbid she is an actual human being with real emotions and that she is not just a bad ass killing machine. And people who complain that she's to sexualized forget that she always was since the original Metroid, beating the game in a fast time to see her in a bikini. Those self righteous people need to get over themselves!

So..anyway, to start the month off, I got Smash Bros for 3DS! Pre-ordered it at Gamestop and they had a midnight launch.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 02:34:44 pm by spac316 »

Bwigdahl

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2014, 02:55:25 pm »
Made my last few purchases before I put myself in a deep freeze on the collecting front...

Started the day off picking up a Retron 5 at a local place here that was still selling them for retail! then just a few purchases after that:

PS1
OddWorld Abe's Exoddus (CIB $8)

PS3
Disgaea 3 (CIB $9)
Disgaea 4 (CIB $9)

And then I made my first ever NES purchases now that I have a console to play them on!

NES
Ninja Gaiden 2 (cart only $7)
Dragon Warrior (cart only $5)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2014, 03:04:22 pm »
Made my last few purchases before I put myself in a deep freeze on the collecting front...

Started the day off picking up a Retron 5 at a local place here that was still selling them for retail! then just a few purchases after that:

PS1
OddWorld Abe's Exoddus (CIB $8)

PS3
Disgaea 3 (CIB $9)
Disgaea 4 (CIB $9)

And then I made my first ever NES purchases now that I have a console to play them on!

NES
Ninja Gaiden 2 (cart only $7)
Dragon Warrior (cart only $5)

Good nes starter titles! :) Now you just need to get yourself a copy of Blaster Master. :)

Evilnick, are we really shocked that a Team Ninja game is sexist and blatantly objectifies the women in it? Really? :) Although I do agree with you. I prefer my Samus as a bad ass killing machine that don't need nobody to save her.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:07:09 pm by dashv »

Bwigdahl

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2014, 03:06:14 pm »
Yeah, I was just perusing through the under $10 bin at a place here and those were really the only 2 titles that stood out to me.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2014, 03:16:38 pm »
Yeah, I was just perusing through the under $10 bin at a place here and those were really the only 2 titles that stood out to me.

Dragon Warrior is a grind-fest, but it's still fun.  It was the first RPG I ever played. 
Ninja Gaiden II is a fan-freakin-tastic game.  It's hard, but still a blast.