Author Topic: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34555 times)

Re: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #180 on: October 20, 2014, 01:46:09 pm »
Made a big plunge.  Just bought a PS4 (standard black) and Wolfenstein: The New Order to break it in. 

Getting ready for the day Witcher 3 finally drops.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2014, 07:39:07 pm »
Made a big plunge.  Just bought a PS4 (standard black) and Wolfenstein: The New Order to break it in. 

I'm waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3 or Tomb Raider 2 to drop.

Since TR2 is a timed exclusive on Xbone that puts me having a PS4 sometime in 2016.

Warmsignal

« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2014, 07:42:43 pm »
So I've made some interesting discoveries lately. Last week when I went to Goodwill, I happened to check a small bookcase near the dressing rooms and noticed some PS1 games, to my surprise. Interestingly, I come back this week and check the same book shelf and what do ya know? More games! This time a decent original Xbox collection. I was under the impression this Goodwill no longer put out games. Maybe I've been overlooking this shelf for years now? ??? Perhaps, or maybe it's dumb luck. We'll see.

Of today's pickins, the only game I needed was Crazy Taxi 3. 1$? Yep. My exact word, upon checking the tag. ;D It never gets old finding 1 dollar games.

« Reply #183 on: October 20, 2014, 07:47:48 pm »

I'm waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3 or Tomb Raider 2 to drop.

Since TR2 is a timed exclusive on Xbone that puts me having a PS4 sometime in 2016.

Pretty much the same.  Bloodborne is out in February and should be great.  Then I'm waiting for Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3.  I'll probably get Tomb Raider 2 on PC unless I get my PS4 around the same time and need something for that lol  Definitely a good year or two from getting a PS4.

abe

« Reply #184 on: October 21, 2014, 02:49:43 pm »
So, I got my copy of the limited edition of Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus in the mail from Amazon today. Not only did it take longer to arrive than it was supposed to, but it was also shipped in a tiny bubble envelope, which is why it was damaged when I received it. >:( >:( >:( It's probably obvious that I'm pissed right now, but I really needed to rant. Sure, it's not going to cost me any extra money to ship it back and have them replace it, but the fact that I even have to replace it is what really pisses me off. Would it really have been that difficult just to ship it in a cardboard box to begin with? I've bought way cheaper crap from them, and they ship those in boxes. Why not this? Ugh... >:( :'(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #185 on: October 21, 2014, 03:11:52 pm »
Welp, I feel bad because my copy is in entact and sealed and on the floor collecting dust :-[.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2014, 03:54:47 pm »
Welp between taking advantage of some deals and using some saved up store credit, I got all these games for an average of $5 a piece! (Pretty much all CIB too aside from UN Squadron)

PS2
Champions of Norrath
Project Snowblind
Ico
LotR: Return of the King

Wii
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars
FF Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

GCN
Starfox Adventures
Starfox Assault

X360
Overlord

NDS
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2

SNES
U.N. Squadron

Also got Romancing Saga 3 CIB that I bought off ebay in the mail today!

foxhack

« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2014, 03:57:14 pm »
So, I got my copy of the limited edition of Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus in the mail from Amazon today. Not only did it take longer to arrive than it was supposed to, but it was also shipped in a tiny bubble envelope, which is why it was damaged when I received it. >:( >:( >:( It's probably obvious that I'm pissed right now, but I really needed to rant. Sure, it's not going to cost me any extra money to ship it back and have them replace it, but the fact that I even have to replace it is what really pisses me off. Would it really have been that difficult just to ship it in a cardboard box to begin with? I've bought way cheaper crap from them, and they ship those in boxes. Why not this? Ugh... >:( :'(

They shipped a backpack and a Vita game to me in a 4x12x16 box.

They're stupid.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2014, 04:06:12 pm »
Welp between taking advantage of some deals and using some saved up store credit, I got all these games for an average of $5 a piece! (Pretty much all CIB too aside from UN Squadron)

PS2
Champions of Norrath
Project Snowblind
Ico
LotR: Return of the King

Wii
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars
FF Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

GCN
Starfox Adventures
Starfox Assault

X360
Overlord

NDS
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2

SNES
U.N. Squadron

Also got Romancing Saga 3 CIB that I bought off ebay in the mail today!

Wow, some great titles there, too!

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2014, 05:29:38 pm »
3 new additions

Wii
Sonic and the Black Knight

PS4 :o
Bound By Flame
Samurai Warriors 4: Special Anime Pack

sin2beta

« Reply #190 on: October 21, 2014, 10:18:30 pm »
Finally found an SG-1000 with two games and the card catcher at a price I was willing to pay. Paid $120 shipped. Works fine. I'm happy with the deal.

UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

pacpix

« Reply #191 on: October 22, 2014, 12:50:31 am »
That SG-1000 is awesome Sin2Beta! Very interesting system and I have enjoyed your video series on the games. What games did you get?
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #192 on: October 22, 2014, 01:17:16 am »
Finally found an SG-1000 with two games and the card catcher at a price I was willing to pay. Paid $120 shipped. Works fine. I'm happy with the deal.

Awesome score!

argyle

« Reply #193 on: October 22, 2014, 09:32:28 am »
I got Blokus Portable: Steambot Championship in the mail on Monday from Karyann. ;D Wanted it because of its ties to Steambot Chronicles, which was a very good & overlooked PS2 game. Still need to pickup the other PSP spinoff title for it - it's a shame the true sequel got cancelled. :(

I also picked up Samurai Warriors 4 - Special Anime Pack yesterday. Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first ever US released "special edition" of a Warriors game, so I definitely wanted to support that. Pretty fun from the little bit I played too, I like that not only can you take 2 characters into battle but you can actually dictate where the one you aren't currently controlling goes & what he/she does.

Today I should be getting another PS4 game in the mail, Shadow Warrior. Looks like a great old-school style FPS, and for the price (I got it down to just over $20 w/ my Best Buy discount & some reward certs I had) I couldn't resist. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #194 on: October 22, 2014, 12:21:29 pm »

Awesome! And your first game is gonna be Girl's Garden, right?

I have a request, too, any chance you could repost that pic, non-reversed?