Author Topic: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34467 times)

Bwigdahl

Re: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #210 on: October 24, 2014, 01:57:32 pm »
Picked up Bayonetta 2 on the way home, and Fantasy Life was waiting for me when I got here. :) Good news (well, news to me - may be common knowledge to everyone else) not only is the original Bayonetta NOT a download code, it's on it's own disk separate from Bayonetta 2. Very cool. :)

I was happy to find that out too! Way to go Nintendo! Now if only they had kept a paper manual... But I know that's too much to ask nowadays.

« Reply #211 on: October 24, 2014, 03:20:23 pm »
Bayonetta 2 pick up for me also.  Glad I pre-ordered it, cause Gamestop got only a couple extra copies in and they were already gone by the time I got there.

abe

« Reply #212 on: October 24, 2014, 04:20:21 pm »
Got my replacement copy of Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus from Amazon today for the damaged copy they sent in a crappy envelope. Guess what? They sent it in a ****ing envelope again! >:( This one isn't as damaged as the original, but it's still worse than it would've been with a proper packing job. I feel like they'd do it again too, so I'm cancelling my preorder for Persona Q's premium edition from Amazon.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #213 on: October 24, 2014, 04:25:40 pm »
Got my replacement copy of Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus from Amazon today for the damaged copy they sent in a crappy envelope. Guess what? They sent it in a ****ing envelope again! >:( This one isn't as damaged as the original, but it's still worse than it would've been with a proper packing job. I feel like they'd do it again too, so I'm cancelling my preorder for Persona Q's premium edition from Amazon.

Is this preorder directly involved with amazon warehouse or a separate smaller company selling through amazon.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

abe

« Reply #214 on: October 24, 2014, 04:34:39 pm »

Is this preorder directly involved with amazon warehouse or a separate smaller company selling through amazon.

It is sold by and ships directly from Amazon.

karyann

« Reply #215 on: October 24, 2014, 05:18:48 pm »

I'll never understand why they seem to package normal games better than collector's editions...  :-\

I just bought Gravity Rush, I heard mixed reviews on it (either people totally loved it or totally hated it), but I decided to go for it since I've really been itching to play with my Vita, but I'm tired of Lumines  ::) I have lots of work to do tonight, but I can't wait to try it tomorrow!

abe

« Reply #216 on: October 24, 2014, 06:39:09 pm »

I'll never understand why they seem to package normal games better than collector's editions...  :-\

I just bought Gravity Rush, I heard mixed reviews on it (either people totally loved it or totally hated it), but I decided to go for it since I've really been itching to play with my Vita, but I'm tired of Lumines  ::) I have lots of work to do tonight, but I can't wait to try it tomorrow!

Gravity Rush is awesome! :D My only complaints are some of the touch screen and motion controlled portions that seem a bit gimmicky to me. Other than that it's really enjoyable. :)

sin2beta

« Reply #217 on: October 24, 2014, 06:41:27 pm »

Just as a random question, Is your name a Game Center CX reference?
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

abe

« Reply #218 on: October 24, 2014, 06:48:46 pm »

Just as a random question, Is your name a Game Center CX reference?

Nope. I unfortunately haven't yet had the chance to play Game Center CX. It's still on my long list of things to get eventually.

argyle

« Reply #219 on: October 24, 2014, 11:46:30 pm »

I learned this lesson back when SMT IV came out, because they did the exact same thing with me. Ever since then I follow this rule of thumb - never order anything from them that will fit in a padded envelope if it will most likely get damaged in shipping being sent that way. Because if they CAN put it in an envelope, they WILL.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #220 on: October 25, 2014, 01:20:32 am »
Caught a game store slipping and bought Battletoads Double Dragon on the SNES for $9, then picked up Bayonetta 2

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #221 on: October 25, 2014, 02:50:23 am »
Caught a game store slipping and bought Battletoads Double Dragon on the SNES for $9, then picked up Bayonetta 2

Nice score with BT & DD.

I got paid this week and somehow this happened...

Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
Super Mario World 2 (Wii)
FF XIII-2 Collectors Edition (PS3)
^ this one is all your fault VG Collectors! You convinced me to give the XIII series a shot.

And then this is happened (also the fault of you VG Collectors for talkin it up sooooo much):

Physical and CIB:
WiiU Zelda Edition
Mass Effect 3
Super Mario 3D World
Ducktales Remastered
Tekken
Nintendo Land
Mario Kart 8
Batman Arkham City

Not pictured is all the digital purchases tied to the console:

Castlevania
Castlevania III
Castlevania IV

Dr. Luigi

Donkey Kong Jr.

Earthbound

Excite Bike (NES)

Game and Wario

Golden Sun

Gradius (NES)

Kirby's Adventure (NES)
Kirby Super Star

Metroid Fusion
Super Metroid

NES Remix
NES Remix 2

SMB 2
SMB 3
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (GBA)
New Super Mario Bros. U

Zelda (NES)
Zelda II
Zelda: Minish Cap
Zelda: a Link to the Past
Zelda: Windwaker HD
Hyrule Historia

I think I'm cut off for a while.

« Reply #222 on: October 25, 2014, 02:55:35 am »

Nice score with BT & DD.

I got paid this week and somehow this happened...

Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
Super Mario World 2 (Wii)
FF XIII-2 Collectors Edition (PS3)
^ this one is all your fault VG Collectors! You convinced me to give the XIII series a shot.

And then this is happened (also the fault of you VG Collectors for talkin it up sooooo much):

Physical and CIB:
WiiU Zelda Edition
Mass Effect 3
Super Mario 3D World
Ducktales Remastered
Tekken
Nintendo Land
Mario Kart 8
Batman Arkham City

Not pictured is all the digital purchases tied to the console:

Castlevania
Castlevania III
Castlevania IV

Dr. Luigi

Donkey Kong Jr.

Earthbound

Excite Bike (NES)

Game and Wario

Golden Sun

Gradius (NES)

Kirby's Adventure (NES)
Kirby Super Star

Metroid Fusion
Super Metroid

NES Remix
NES Remix 2

SMB 2
SMB 3
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (GBA)
New Super Mario Bros. U

Zelda (NES)
Zelda II
Zelda: Minish Cap
Zelda: a Link to the Past
Zelda: Windwaker HD
Hyrule Historia

I think I'm cut off for a while.

And you don't even have Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 and Smash Bros is less than a month away! You got some catching up to do! lol

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #223 on: October 25, 2014, 03:02:19 am »
seriously thinkng about bayonetta II.

but I don't have the first one.

btw typing this on my WiiU gamepad!

this console is sweet!

argyle

« Reply #224 on: October 25, 2014, 06:03:04 am »
seriously thinkng about bayonetta II.

The first game is included with the second. Two for the price of one. ;)

Speaking of cut off, I think I'm right there with ya. Hit my local retro store and blew most of my credit last night:

IMG_4299

Magical Starsign (DS)
Arc the Lad Colletion (PS1)
Red Steel (Wii)
Alien Monster Bowling League (Wii)
Fishing Master: World Tour (Wii)
Need For Speed: Nitro (Wii)

That Arc the Lad set has some sticker residue on the front that I'm sure I can clean off and some VERY minor scuffing on one spine - otherwise it is in immaculate condition. Looks practically brand-new. So I put all three big box Working Designs RPG sets back in my collection in one week. :o In addition to the new releases I've picked up that I want to play through - yeah, I need to take a break. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis