Author Topic: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34377 times)

davifus

Re: October 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #285 on: October 30, 2014, 03:37:43 pm »
Looking for some entertaining ways of exercise right now, so I'm gonna try and get some DDR stuff and fortunately for me, Goodwill had two DDR games for me.  Just need to find a PS2 pad now.

And then for the bigger haul, a pile of PS1 games from my usual thrift store. I think the only real gem of the pile is Castelvania: Symphony of the Night, but a couple others looked fun and the ones I end up not keeping will be added to my trade stack.

http://www.ddrgame.com/konami.html

Get the metal pads
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:39:22 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #286 on: October 30, 2014, 03:43:21 pm »
I have the same problem for DDR, I have a few of the games but no pad to play with them. You did get the first Crash, Crash Bash, Spider Man( pretty good platformer), BustaMove, Pac Man World and the 3rd Syro in that set, which are all pretty good games as well as more desireable common titles since PS1 has been rising in price for the last few years or so.

Those are the ones I'm likely to keep, probably not Spider Man as I remember that one abit and don't really remember it being very good.  I think it was Spiderman 2 the movie game where they actually got to be good.  I'm probably gonna keep most of it except for Qbert, the two Star Wars games, and Pitfall.  The rest should be generally fun.  Jet Moto 2 I'm pretty sure I remember playing years ago.

abe

« Reply #287 on: October 30, 2014, 03:55:11 pm »
Yay mail time! ;D Today I got some Japanese imports.
-Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA (PSP)
-Summon Night 5 (PSP)
-Tales of Vesperia (PS3) (PlayStation3 the Best edition)
I didn't know there were more Summon Night games out there besides the first two. Is this one considered to be the best in the series?

I dunno about the best, but it's the newest in the series. It was well received by Famitsu as well, with a review score of 32/40. It sold pretty well too and is fairly cheap to pick up. It was around $10 when I ordered it from Play-Asia a while ago.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

maximo310

« Reply #288 on: October 30, 2014, 03:59:03 pm »
I have the same problem for DDR, I have a few of the games but no pad to play with them. You did get the first Crash, Crash Bash, Spider Man( pretty good platformer), BustaMove, Pac Man World and the 3rd Syro in that set, which are all pretty good games as well as more desireable common titles since PS1 has been rising in price for the last few years or so.

Those are the ones I'm likely to keep, probably not Spider Man as I remember that one abit and don't really remember it being very good.  I think it was Spiderman 2 the movie game where they actually got to be good.  I'm probably gonna keep most of it except for Qbert, the two Star Wars games, and Pitfall.  The rest should be generally fun.  Jet Moto 2 I'm pretty sure I remember playing years ago.
Yeah, most of the other games in the set are pretty. However, the two star wars games are probably the only bad ones in the set, as Dark Forces is a FPS that looks pretty bad on the PS1, and the Masters of Tera Kasi plays pretty badly compared to the other 3D fighters from the day.

maximo310

« Reply #289 on: October 30, 2014, 04:00:46 pm »
-Summon Night 5 (PSP)
I didn't know there were more Summon Night games out there besides the first two. Is this one considered to be the best in the series?

I dunno about the best, but it's the newest in the series. It was well received by Famitsu as well, with a review score of 32/40. It sold pretty well too and is fairly cheap to pick up. It was around $10 when I ordered it from Play-Asia a while ago.
Hmm, maybe I'll pick it up since i like those kind of games and it seems pretty cheap for a import, and since PSP is region free, it shouldn't be a problem to play. I think I'll pick it up in the near future then.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #290 on: October 30, 2014, 07:41:58 pm »
Just knocked a big ole biggie off the NES list.

Godzilla 2 is mine.

« Reply #291 on: October 30, 2014, 08:33:18 pm »

Get the metal pads

I'd love a metal pad, but I think I might just grab the cheaper 40 dollar foam pad ones lol

sin2beta

« Reply #292 on: October 30, 2014, 09:43:43 pm »
Picked up Lucky Dime Caper on Game Gear. I've been feeling a hacker to start the GG collecting again.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

jcalder8

« Reply #293 on: October 31, 2014, 12:24:09 am »
I've been feeling a hacker to start the GG collecting again.
Who is this hacker and why do you have to feel him in order to start collecting?

« Reply #294 on: October 31, 2014, 12:28:04 am »
Looking for some entertaining ways of exercise right now, so I'm gonna try and get some DDR stuff and fortunately for me, Goodwill had two DDR games for me.  Just need to find a PS2 pad now.

And then for the bigger haul, a pile of PS1 games from my usual thrift store. I think the only real gem of the pile is Castelvania: Symphony of the Night, but a couple others looked fun and the ones I end up not keeping will be added to my trade stack.

DDR is one of my video game guilty pleasures lol. Still bust out the dance pads from time to time and make a fool of myself ;)

Very nice bunch of PS1 games too!

soera

« Reply #295 on: October 31, 2014, 08:29:20 am »

Get the metal pads

I'd love a metal pad, but I think I might just grab the cheaper 40 dollar foam pad ones lol

I have a metal pad and have no interest in it. Not sure what to do with it.

davifus

« Reply #296 on: October 31, 2014, 10:03:33 am »
-Summon Night 5 (PSP)

Still waiting for my Tales of Vesperia ughhh

I lied apparently the package was on my desk but I didn't notice because I fell asleep when I got home.

Do you think this ToV deserve it's own entry? It's a reprint celebration for Tales 20th anniversary and there is a sticker saying that, however it's on the shrink wrap. I haven't opened it yet so I dont know if it say anything else about the 20th anniversary in the case.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

abe

« Reply #297 on: October 31, 2014, 06:26:31 pm »
-Summon Night 5 (PSP)

Still waiting for my Tales of Vesperia ughhh

I lied apparently the package was on my desk but I didn't notice because I fell asleep when I got home.

Do you think this ToV deserve it's own entry? It's a reprint celebration for Tales 20th anniversary and there is a sticker saying that, however it's on the shrink wrap. I haven't opened it yet so I dont know if it say anything else about the 20th anniversary in the case.

My copy is the same as yours, I added it to the database here: http://vgcollect.com/item/70676 as the standard PlayStation3 the Best edition. As far as I could see, there's nothing aside from that Tales 20th Anniversary sticker on the plastic to make it any different than the first print of the PlayStation3 the Best edition.

argyle

« Reply #298 on: October 31, 2014, 06:43:54 pm »
Swung by GS today and found these:

IMG_4300

I've never even heard of Spyborgs, but I figured it was worth $2 to take a gamble on a Capcom title. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #299 on: October 31, 2014, 08:29:54 pm »
I've never even heard of Spyborgs, but I figured it was worth $2 to take a gamble on a Capcom title. :)

I've heard it's not bad, just nothing special. I think it's definitely worth what you payed for it, though I haven't played it yet for myself.