Author Topic: N64 Price Check  (Read 1717 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

N64 Price Check
« on: October 06, 2014, 01:21:34 am »
So I'm gonna sell my N64 collection. I've tried to like the N64, but I just can't get into it.

Maybe some ideas on what I should start my lot at would be appreciated.

-N64 standard black console with A/V hook-ups and power cord.
-Third-Party RAM Expansion Pak
-1 Memory Card
-1 GameShark Pro Cheat Device
-2 Official Nintendo Controllers (1 grey, 1 "Atomic" (see-through) purple, thumbsticks are good on both)
-1 InterAct SuperPad Controller (black, thumbstick is good)
-1 Nyko-Brand yellow controller (thumbstick is loose)

Games (all are cartridge only, with a handful including the manuals)
-1080 Snowboarding
-Forsaken 64
-Goldeneye: 007
-Jet Force Gemini
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-Quake
-StarFox 64
-Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
-Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
-Super Mario 64
-Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
-Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
-Wave Race 64
-WCW/nWo: World Tour
-WCW/nWo: Revenge
-WWF: WrestleMania 2000
-WWF: No Mercy
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 09:17:04 pm by burningdoom »

Re: N64 Price Check
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 01:32:48 am »
About a month ago I purchased 2 n64 jungle green and original n64 with expansion packs and wires 2 controllers and 13 games for $125. Just to give you a little starter point but, I think it was a steal.  ;D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 02:05:43 pm »
Forgot to mention that I also have an Interact SuperPad that works great.

davifus

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 09:12:15 pm »
I can't comprehend your "not into N64". I need some N64 games...
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 11:36:23 am »
You have Goldeneye for N64 and can't get into it? I call shenanigans on that!  ;)

N64 is prob my fav system, it was when I was younger, why don't you enjoy the system?
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 08:40:54 pm »
You have Goldeneye for N64 and can't get into it? I call shenanigans on that!  ;)

N64 is prob my fav system, it was when I was younger, why don't you enjoy the system?

Goldeneye has some annoying controls.

I don't like the system, mainly, because of that awkward-as-hell controller. And the games just aren't that great, unless you really like 3D platformers (which I'm not the biggest 3D platformer fan).

Even then, I just don't get it. I mean Super Mario 64 is hailed as one of the greatest platformers ever. I feel that a lot of it is just big, open space, which is boring. And to make it even more boring, they make you repeat the same levels over and over again.

And I'm not an anti-Nintendo guy. I love my NES, SNES, GameCube, and handhelds.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 10:23:46 pm »

let's be honest, if you didn't grow up playing goldeneye, going back to it after all these years would be pretty bad. Hell, I played it growing up and going back to those controls for me is bad enough. fun can still be had in that game, but you need 4 players to do so imo.

argyle

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 11:10:17 pm »
Yeah, I just got a N64 back and I own...6 games? I have 3 more on my wishlist, and that's all I can think of off the top of my head that I *really* want. I agree with burningdoom, I really like Nintendo but I never have been a fan of the N64.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 02:03:42 am »

I also have an N64. You can check out my collection. I have many of the must haves including Perfect Dark and 007.

I have barely played it.

Blocky polygons with blurry textures just don't do it for me.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 12:23:08 pm »
I guess I am different, mostly because N64 was the system that really got me into gaming.  SNES started it, but N64 was the system that really started it all.... I have about 30 games for N64(oddly enough, I am missing perfect dark). But it is true, I can only play so much single player on Goldeneye, before I wanna play MP with friends..... Thank god now days, tv screens are much bigger compared to when I was growing up haha.

i guess what I am saying is, N64 has a special place in my heart. But you guys do make good points.

On a side note. My buddy friend i strictly an N64 collector, and from what my friend told me, he owns almost all N64 games. Which impressed me.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730