Author Topic: Longest time you spent playing a video game?  (Read 4085 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Longest time you spent playing a video game?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 10:29:43 am »
I'm guessing it was the first Knights of the Old Republic or Red Dead Redemption.  I did everything in both of those games.  Then again, back in the day I would play the same game for months on end.  It could be a random sports game or one of the N64 wrestling games.  I spent a lot of time playing Tiger Woods golf in college. 

Who knows.  I'm going to guess KoToR though.  It's nothing like you obsessed folks, but  would say it's the only game with a clock in it that I've spent several 40+ hour play throughs.

tripredacus

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 12:09:11 pm »
Longest game session was 14 hours playing Starcraft: Brood War.
Longest time playing a game nearly daily was Diablo II. I played that for 8 years.

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 12:15:55 pm »
I am not so extreme.  My longest single-game file is Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii, which topped off at 115 hours.  Funny, I thought I was "nearly done" around the 90-hour mark.  This is followed by Fallout 3, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Shin Megami Tensei IV, which all ran around 95 hours long.  I, uh, still haven't finished New Vegas.  I level-capped a long time ago.

The longest I've ever marathoned playing games, I can't even say.  Most likely under 12 hours.

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2014, 04:24:30 pm »
I played Star Wars Galaxies pretty much every day for 5 years...  I wish I had some of that time back.

I played a lot of SWG as well and I really enjoyed the game until Sony "revamped" the game one too many times.  I'm fairly sure I logged in more hours in SWG than any other MMO because I played it the longest. 

As far as non-MMOs go, Persona 3 FES would have be king for me.  I think I spent 120-130 hours playing through it.  I really enjoyed the game though so it never felt like too much of a time sink to me.  I would love to play through it again someday, but I don't know when I'll ever have that much time to commit to it.
When I'm not playing video games, I draw them.  You can see more at:
https://isuckworse.deviantart.com/

pacpix

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 12:31:09 am »
I spent a lot of time playing Runescape from 2007-2010.  I'm glad my friends finally quit because I stopped playing it so much.  After that when Jagex broke the combat system I left for good.  The only thing I regret is not getting any level 99 skills.  I still have enough maple logs in my bank to reach 99 firemaking, but I cannot bring myself to take the time to do that.

The only game that probably comes close is Ocarina of Time since I have been playing it every year since I got the game in first grade 11 years ago.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2014, 06:03:03 am »
Overall i'd say i've put at least 10,000 hours into Gran Turismo 4 since 2005. Even though i 100%'ed it ages ago, i still have little time-tests of whatever type of car i think of doing at that moment.

Longest single session is something in the region of 50 hours during my first week of playing Guild Wars 1. Crazy now that i think about it.

dreama1

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2014, 05:07:10 pm »
Overall i'd say i've put at least 10,000 hours into Gran Turismo 4 since 2005. Even though i 100%'ed it ages ago, i still have little time-tests of whatever type of car i think of doing at that moment.

Longest single session is something in the region of 50 hours during my first week of playing Guild Wars 1. Crazy now that i think about it.
Wow holy shit 10,000 hours is like 410 days? Yeah I remember guild wars it was big back then didn't quite get the muscle WoW had tho.

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2014, 06:14:31 pm »

Wow holy shit 10,000 hours is like 410 days? Yeah I remember guild wars it was big back then didn't quite get the muscle WoW had tho.

lol It was a very rough calculation based on a minimum of 3 hours a day over 9 years. Some days it was pretty much get up in morning, GT4 on, go to bed in evening. I think 10,000 is a conservative number for how utterly hooked i've been over the years :D

azure

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2014, 12:59:57 pm »
Tough question I guess Monster Hunter. I've logged in countless hours over all the games.

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2014, 03:04:58 pm »
For one sitting: probably FFXI back in college.  I remember doing some group content that we were working on for like 12+ hours that I eventually had to leave because I had a test at like 8 AM.  Definitely not the kind of allnighter I'd recommend.

For most hours I've spent on a game: most assuredly it has to be the Rock Band franchise.  I wouldn't even try to venture a guess on how many hours I put into those games.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

gokurin

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2014, 01:09:58 am »
One game:
I put around 600 hours into Pokemon Platinum Version.
I completed the Pokedex, had a collection of shiny legendaries, and got the platinum flag on the underground base thingy.
Never beat the darn contests though, I hated those.

In one sitting:
I played Pokemon Emerald Version for 12 hours straight when I was younger.
".........." -Gordon Freeman

sin2beta

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2014, 08:12:15 pm »
Definitely StarCraft. I don't know how long I played it. But it was a pretty consistent thing through Jr. High.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2014, 02:19:20 am »
Longest Total Hours:

Final Fantasy 7

Played the game for 60 hours. Reached Sephiroth's final form. I wasn't powerful enough to beat him (couldn't keep up with his healing ability). He wasn't powerful enough to beat me (he couldn't keep up with my healing ability).

I fought that SOB for an hour then said "eff it". Put the game down. Then the next semester of college started and I put the game down for about 3 years.

By the time I decided to pick it back up 3 years later my PC would no longer run it (it was incompatible with the new version of windows). So I played it on the Playstation from scratch and put another 80 hours into it (spent 20 extra hours on grinding this time around and made sure to do every side quest).

Reached Sephiroth's final form a second time and kicked his ass in 10 minutes...]

It was kind of anticlimactic.

Longest Consecutive Hours
Mortal Kombat for Sega Genesis.

My cousin and I rented it and played for 2 days straight (yes nearly 48 hours) when it first came out. We managed to pull off every fatality for every character (with and without the blood code) and beat the game with each character. We figured out the secret to fighting reptile in the bottom of the pit but never did manage to beat him.

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2014, 03:27:18 pm »
I played Super Smash Brothers Melee for something like 30 hours straight one time. Hard to say how many total hours I put into it, maybe 800. On Steam I have almost 600 hours on TF2, 500 on Day of Defeat: Source, and almost 500 on Red Orchestra 2 Rising Storm. I also have a crap ton between HL2 and Hammer making maps. I used to work on a few Source mods including Firearms: Source and very briefly with PVKII.