Author Topic: Longest time you spent playing a video game?  (Read 4058 times)

dreama1

Longest time you spent playing a video game?
« on: October 06, 2014, 06:38:45 pm »
Longest time you spent playing a video game?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Longest time you spent playing a video game?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 06:40:24 pm »
Oblivion I must have put somewhere close to if not into the triple-digits in hours.

If you meant during one play-session, I don't know. I've had morning-to-night play-sessions or all-nighters when I was a kid.

dreama1

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 07:08:03 pm »
Oblivion I must have put somewhere close to if not into the triple-digits in hours.

If you meant during one play-session, I don't know. I've had morning-to-night play-sessions or all-nighters when I was a kid.
Yeah jesus I remember going up to my room and seeing my brother sitting there with his legs folded on my bed playing it on the 360 I go down eat dinner watch tv, brush my teeth  then go to bed he's still sitting there playing it, was like jesus oh well I turn off my bed light, and go to sleep. Then wake up next morning I stretch and yawn then I look over and  wtf he's still here playing in the same body posture. WTF get out of here you been here all night? I didn't even know until I woke up.

abe

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 08:49:45 pm »
According to Steam, I put a wee bit over 1450 hours into Team Fortress 2.

As for play sessions, I don't think I've managed anything longer than 8 hours. Even that's being a bit generous. I don't last too long before I need to go eat or just do something else. Not to mention I don't have the time anymore to play for long sessions like that.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

nintendojuggalo

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 10:10:26 pm »
Adventure Island for the NES for probably 6 hours all through the night.

karyann

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 10:46:35 pm »
In one sitting, probably Smash Bros: Brawl, which I played for 10 straight hours on the day it came out.

Overall on one game...damn. Probably one Pokémon or one Animal Crossing.

starbronze21

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 10:54:27 pm »
TERRARIA BABY!! WOOO! According to steam 704 hours were spent on this game. :)
I'm more of a hardware collector than a game collector. I collect consoles of all colors of the rainbow! Woo!

maximo310

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 11:07:16 pm »
Longest ever: Probably Pokemon Platinum, at least 1200+ hours even though counter breaks at 999 hrs, Bravely Default is second at 520hrs for all of the extra content.
Longest in one session: I think I did about 18hrs on Super Smash Bros. Brawl mostly on the Subspace Emissary a few summers back.

foxhack

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 11:25:12 pm »
I marathoned Earthbound over a four day period. Rental.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 11:26:21 pm »
I had over 90 hours logged into skyrim before my save corrupted... with all the other ones i've started since then I'm sure I'm well over 100 hours on that. In one playthrough? I think I played Earthbound for 10 hours straight about a year ago.

ffxik

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2014, 06:01:35 am »
If you're talking over all that would be Final Fantasy XI  The time log had me at 37 months that's roughly 26,000 hours total play time.

As far as one sitting goes, that also goes to the aforementioned.  21 consecutive hours trying to get myself, my wife, and seven other people in our linkshell the critters for Summoner and the special items for increasing the level caps. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 06:09:45 am by ffxik »

tpugmire

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 09:24:52 am »
I played Star Wars Galaxies pretty much every day for 5 years...  I wish I had some of that time back.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

soera

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 09:30:15 am »
Amateurs. I played Everquest for 11 years. I averaged about 10-12 hours a day for that time. Thats basically 5.5 years of straight game time. Its so ingrained in my mind that I still picture it every single day and I quit over 4 years ago. I put another 18 months into D&D online. Im sitting on well over 250 hours on Diablo III. I had probably over 500 hours on Morrowind.

As far as a straight non stop session? I would get off work on Fridays around 3pm and it would take me an hour to get my crappuccino and get home and log onto EQ. I wouldnt stop til Sunday night about 10pm. This was every weekend for 2-3 months.

argyle

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2014, 10:20:27 am »
Iunno about a single play session, something as a kid I'm sure (I remember blowing an entire holiday off from school on the original Zelda...).

Over online it's probably PSO, across all versions - but that number isn't as...hrm...umm..ok, I'm just gonna say it - psychotic as what some of you guys are saying. :P I'm guessing between 300-400 hours total.  Warframe may overtake that before it's all over tho, I'm already at 220-230 or so. 

Offline, it's probably either FFX, FF7 or Dark Cloud 2 if you count multiple play-throughs.  Single playthrough, I'd guess Skyrim. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis