Author Topic: Private Collection  (Read 981 times)

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

Private Collection
« on: October 11, 2014, 01:28:07 am »
Not sure if this is just happening tonight or if it is something weird on my end, but when I try to view anyone's collections they just show as private collection.

The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

Re: Private Collection
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 01:47:47 am »
Yeah I just saw in another thread that the option was added, but it also seems to be enabled by default. Just turned mine to not private.

hexen

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 02:40:43 am »
Yeah, it seems like public should be the default setting.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 07:05:46 am »
Yeah, it seems like public should be the default setting.

I agree

*off to change/fix my settings*
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 09:25:43 am »
Thanks to all for the responses. I didn't even think that it could be a change to everyone's settings. I will definitely go change mine right now.

That is one of my favorite parts of this site is to see everyone's collections. I don't think most people know this change happened and I agree that the default should be that collections are public unless changed by the user.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 09:28:14 am »
It appears that now the default is public again. When I went to change my setting it was on public and by just browsing around I can see people's collections again. Thank you to the vgcollect powers that be!

matt

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2014, 09:58:32 am »
It appears that now the default is public again. When I went to change my setting it was on public and by just browsing around I can see people's collections again. Thank you to the vgcollect powers that be!

I just fixed up via my phone while eating breakfast. Technology amazes me haha.