Author Topic: Alien vs. Predator (2000) Free on GoG.Com until 10/17!  (Read 1424 times)

retromangia

PRO Supporter

Re: Alien vs. Predator (2000) Free on GoG.Com until 10/17!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 01:13:01 pm »
Thanks Bdoom! I wonder If multi-player still works on this...

bobster

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 01:42:07 pm »
Oh man is this to beta test GOG's galaxy client? I know during the Witcher Adventures beta, the infrastructure was testing the Galaxy back end. Thanks for pointing this out!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 04:00:14 pm »
As Bob said, it's to test their multiplayer servers. So yes, multiplayer will work.

okay

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 10:37:32 pm »
Alien vs. Predator (2000) Free on GoG.Com until 10/17!

http://www.gog.com/galaxy?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=game_subject&utm_campaign=AvP_giveaway
I've never played this game: I'm assuming its not the side scrolling Final Fight style game from Capcom?

I loved that game.
XBox Live: BastosPunyeta - Add me!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 12:46:45 pm »

http://www.gog.com/galaxy?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=game_subject&utm_campaign=AvP_giveaway
I've never played this game: I'm assuming its not the side scrolling Final Fight style game from Capcom?

I loved that game.

No, that was like 1994-1995 and was on SNES and Arcade.

maximo310

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 10:34:26 pm »

I loved that game.

The SNES version was made by Activision and is considered to be a pretty bad beat-em-up. However, the arcade game made by Capcom is a fantastic brawler with a huge variety of move per character with each having their own special moves performed similar to Street Fighter II movesets, a huge variety of weapons, and tons of aliens/humans that fight you on one screen, and its a really impressive looking game. Unforuntately, the arcade game never got a proper port to home systems, similar to some of the other Capcom arcade games made around the time such as their later beat-em-ups like Battle Circuit.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 11:59:45 pm »

I loved that game.

The SNES version was made by Activision and is considered to be a pretty bad beat-em-up. However, the arcade game made by Capcom is a fantastic brawler with a huge variety of move per character with each having their own special moves performed similar to Street Fighter II movesets, a huge variety of weapons, and tons of aliens/humans that fight you on one screen, and its a really impressive looking game. Unforuntately, the arcade game never got a proper port to home systems, similar to some of the other Capcom arcade games made around the time such as their later beat-em-ups like Battle Circuit.

I stand corrected. I remember it being a Final Fight clone and thought it was by Capcom.

maximo310

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 12:44:40 am »

I loved that game.

I stand corrected. I remember it being a Final Fight clone and thought it was by Capcom.
You are right about the Final Fight clone part, but its such a poor designed game and controls really slugglishly for a beat- em-up, bad graphics, sounds, and story as well. Compared to the arcade game, this SNES version is just a shameful mess and is just a terrible product. If you play the arcade game, you will easily see how much more fun and awesome it is compared to the garbage SNES game. Also apparently IGS Corp. of the PolyGameMaster fame also worked in the development of this game as well.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 12:52:51 am by maximo310 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 03:51:20 pm »
Got my key for the game last night sent to my email! It does include the full-single player campaign, as well. It's not just the multiplayer.