Author Topic: Duplicate a title to a different platform  (Read 1004 times)

Duplicate a title to a different platform
« on: October 18, 2014, 11:41:22 am »
It would be nice to have a feature to be able to duplicate a title to a different platform. This would help in situations where a game doesn't exist on a platform and one would like to create it there without having to manually copy all the info (maybe just the cover needs to change).

I have a bunch of PS3 games that are digital downloads, but they only exist as PS3 games, not PSN games and I'd like to be able to differentiate the two by creating an entry for it with PSN as the platform.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:45:09 am by smd9 »

Re: Duplicate a title to a different platform
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 03:47:54 pm »
There is PlayStation Network category.

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 04:12:29 pm »
It would be nice to have a feature to be able to duplicate a title to a different platform. This would help in situations where a game doesn't exist on a platform and one would like to create it there without having to manually copy all the info (maybe just the cover needs to change).

I have a bunch of PS3 games that are digital downloads, but they only exist as PS3 games, not PSN games and I'd like to be able to differentiate the two by creating an entry for it with PSN as the platform.

You don't have to copy all the info. All you need for a new entry is a name and platform (region). That's it. Everything else is optional.

davifus

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 04:31:16 pm »

It would be efficient but sounds like you're just being lazy about doing some Ctrl + C & V action.

You don't have to copy all the info. All you need for a new entry is a name and platform (region). That's it. Everything else is optional.

Really? Just a name and platform? that bothers me  :(. I like my entries accurate, full of detail and covered.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 12:41:17 pm »

It would be efficient but sounds like you're just being lazy about doing some Ctrl + C & V action.

Really? Just a name and platform? that bothers me  :(. I like my entries accurate, full of detail and covered.

I guess there's a fine line between "lazy" and "efficient". I don't want to have to waste time copy/pasting everything.  For one game that would be fine, but if it's for multiple games that can get annoying.  And I'm sure I'm not the only one out there that would be in this situation.

Also, I too want the entry to have a good amount of detail.

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 01:20:36 pm »
Well, if anything, the digital versions won't have the same image, won't have a barcode or item number, and the box text field would normally be the text on the PSN site and not what's necessarily on the physical box.

So copying everything exactly may not be too helpful for this case (depending on the game).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 04:58:33 pm »
This would be disastrous. We have enough trouble with dealing with duplicates as it is. Not to mention that the information between cross-platform titles are seldom the same. Just keep copying and pasting the information from whatever source you use.