Author Topic: The Seasonal Game Rush!  (Read 746 times)

The Seasonal Game Rush!
« on: November 07, 2014, 02:11:50 am »
While I wait for Smash to come out at the end of the month, and having just finished Bayonetta 2, I've been wanting something kinda different to play, but there are so many games out right now and about to release, I just don't know anymore.  I've shoved the Borderlands Pre-Sequel away as a Christmas gift from the family when they asked me for something I'd like, so that's one I'm likely to get then, but till then, that leaves a number of games. 

Mordor and Alien: Isolation I've decided to wait on a half off sale as I don't feel like I'll get enough out of the games for the full price.

Evil Within went back up for me when I heard they patched the PC version to properly allow the borders to be removed and an increase in FPS, but after playing like an hour or two of the game on a PS3 rental, I'm still not sure I'm sold on the game.

Lords of the Fallen sounds like it's basically a less hardcore Dark Souls, which I'm fine with, I just haven't heard much on it at all other than it is just okay.

Far Cry 4 was in the lead and is coming out on the 18th, but things have become weird as they removed the game from Steam.  I know it uses Uplay, just like Far Cry 3 did, but I'm unsure of its status now.  I was gonna just wait for it to launch to see if they pulled any shenanigans with the game and to get a PC port report on it from someone like Totalbiscuit or Jack Frags, but I'm unsure of the game at the moment.

Anyone have anything else to bring up that came out recently? I've almost been tugged into Call of Duty, with the talks of the improvements to the series, which I'm liking, but dammit...I know I'm gonna get in there and have problems again with it like I have had with all the past ones for years now lol  It's fast paced style has been ramped up even more and I just don't want that, so sticking to my position on that.

Re: The Seasonal Game Rush!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 06:04:27 pm »
Christmas will be coming early for me this year, really early!

The week of 11/17 I have Dragon Age Inquisition, Smash Bros WiiU, Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire 3DS, and a bunch of Amiibos coming that week. And then the Week after I'll be getting Persona Q LE. Will probably have a much lighter XMAS because of all the cool shit I'm getting this month :p

desocietas

Re: The Seasonal Game Rush!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 08:31:53 pm »
I've heard great things about Fantasy Life - I'll probably wait until 2015 before picking it up, though...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas