Author Topic: Need Some Help Pricing - N64  (Read 2272 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Need Some Help Pricing - N64
« on: December 07, 2014, 04:18:56 pm »
Okay, so I'm thinking about it. I'm wondering about it. I'm contemplating it.

I REALLY want a Wii U. And my N64 collection just collect dust. Nor do I really put much effort into collecting for it anymore. I'm just not the biggest fan of it, and I've tried. So I'm thinking about putting up my N64 stuff on Craigslist for sale (don't want to deal with the shipping costs for online) to fund my Wii U purchases.

First and foremost, do you guys think I'll be able to get enough to cover a Wii U (32 GB) with the Pad (already have a Wii Mote & Nunchuk, as well as other controller options for Virtual Console) and at least a single first-party title (and I'm not above GameStop used stuff)?

And, if you could be so kind, what do you guys think a rough estimate might be for asking price? Everything is in working order and good cosmetic condition unless otherwise indicated.

Hardware/Accessories:
-N64 Console - Original Black Model with A/V (red, yellow, white) and power cords.
-1 Official Nintendo Controller - "Atomic Purple" (see-through purple) - Store sticker on bottom of controller, thumbstick good.
-1 Official Nintendo Controller - Grey - Where it plugs into the N64 has some self-repair done, but it works as intended, thumbstick good.
-1 InterAct SuperPad 64 (with turbo controls) - Black, thumbstick is good.
-1 Nyko RAM Expansion Pak (Red)
-1 Memory Card
-1 GameShark Pro Cheat Device

Games (all are cartridge only unless otherwise indicated):
-1080 Snowboarding
-Forsaken 64
-Goldeneye: 007
-Jet Force Gemini - Includes Manual
-The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time
-Quake
-Star Fox 64 - Includes Manual (manual a little beat-up)
-Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
-Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
-Super Mario 64
-Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
-Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
-Wave Race 64
-WCW/nWo: World Tour
-WCW/nWo: Revenge
-WWF WrestleMania 2000
-WWF: No Mercy

Thanks!  :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 04:23:25 pm by burningdoom »

dreama1

Re: Need Some Help Pricing - N64
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 06:41:52 pm »
Okay, so I'm thinking about it. I'm wondering about it. I'm contemplating it.

I REALLY want a Wii U. And my N64 collection just collect dust. Nor do I really put much effort into collecting for it anymore. I'm just not the biggest fan of it, and I've tried. So I'm thinking about putting up my N64 stuff on Craigslist for sale (don't want to deal with the shipping costs for online) to fund my Wii U purchases.

First and foremost, do you guys think I'll be able to get enough to cover a Wii U (32 GB) with the Pad (already have a Wii Mote & Nunchuk, as well as other controller options for Virtual Console) and at least a single first-party title (and I'm not above GameStop used stuff)?

And, if you could be so kind, what do you guys think a rough estimate might be for asking price? Everything is in working order and good cosmetic condition unless otherwise indicated.

Hardware/Accessories:
-N64 Console - Original Black Model with A/V (red, yellow, white) and power cords.
-1 Official Nintendo Controller - "Atomic Purple" (see-through purple) - Store sticker on bottom of controller, thumbstick good.
-1 Official Nintendo Controller - Grey - Where it plugs into the N64 has some self-repair done, but it works as intended, thumbstick good.
-1 InterAct SuperPad 64 (with turbo controls) - Black, thumbstick is good.
-1 Nyko RAM Expansion Pak (Red)
-1 Memory Card
-1 GameShark Pro Cheat Device

Games (all are cartridge only unless otherwise indicated):
-1080 Snowboarding
-Forsaken 64
-Goldeneye: 007
-Jet Force Gemini - Includes Manual
-The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time
-Quake
-Star Fox 64 - Includes Manual (manual a little beat-up)
-Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
-Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
-Super Mario 64
-Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
-Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
-Wave Race 64
-WCW/nWo: World Tour
-WCW/nWo: Revenge
-WWF WrestleMania 2000
-WWF: No Mercy

Thanks!  :)
About 280 dollars.

byron

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 06:53:26 pm »
You're not alone in your disinterest for the N64. It is not a desirable console, and N64 stuff isn't worth a whole lot. The few desireable games that are there are not expensive ones and nobody cares about third party N64 accesories. If you put it all on eBay, you'd get in the neighborhood of eighty to a hundred-something dollars, and most of that would be from Mario, Zelda, and Starfox.

Considering the limited reach of local classifieds, you're probably not going to find that guy who will pay top dollar for it, so I would ask about sixty bucks and consider that to be about as high as I could go and have people be interested.

About 280 dollars.

You're insane.

dreama1

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 10:19:19 pm »
You're not alone in your disinterest for the N64. It is not a desirable console, and N64 stuff isn't worth a whole lot. The few desireable games that are there are not expensive ones and nobody cares about third party N64 accesories. If you put it all on eBay, you'd get in the neighborhood of eighty to a hundred-something dollars, and most of that would be from Mario, Zelda, and Starfox.

Considering the limited reach of local classifieds, you're probably not going to find that guy who will pay top dollar for it, so I would ask about sixty bucks and consider that to be about as high as I could go and have people be interested.

About 280 dollars.

You're insane.

Ebay it sell them separate you'll get around that much.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 11:31:04 pm »

eh... maybe 150 tops. Kind of depends on condition of the carts too.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 11:41:49 pm by badATchaos »

argyle

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 09:22:14 am »

eh... maybe 150 tops. Kind of depends on condition of the carts too.

This is the number I had in mind. Those third-party N64 games just don't have much value, especially cart-only.  I'd ask $150 & be ready to come down a little to make the sale.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

davifus

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 11:52:14 am »
Craiglist - $100-$150 - 50/50 of selling it fast or taking a long time.

Ebay - $200+ Time consuming (Pictures, Description, Packaging, possibility of having a rude buyer) and not always guarantee you'll sell it right away. Final Fee

If you can wait for the Wii-U and want to get the most out of it then Ebay. If not then CG
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 12:07:08 pm »
Also check Nintendo's refurbished online store. The last I checked they were selling at 200 with Nintendo Land.

argyle

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 12:12:32 pm »
Also check Nintendo's refurbished online store. The last I checked they were selling at 200 with Nintendo Land.

That's a good suggestion. Also don't be turned off by the white one if you find a better deal on it - I have one, and after sticking a 16gb USB thumb drive in it I have plenty of space. Heck, I might be ok even without it since I don't really do digital games, but I had the drive anyway so I figured why not.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 01:19:04 pm »
*Grumble, grumble, grumble.*

I hope I get a good amount of Christmas gift cards.

Thanks guys.

blipcs76

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2014, 10:40:49 am »

That's a good suggestion. Also don't be turned off by the white one if you find a better deal on it - I have one, and after sticking a 16gb USB thumb drive in it I have plenty of space. Heck, I might be ok even without it since I don't really do digital games, but I had the drive anyway so I figured why not.

I also got the white model when Newegg was selling the Skylanders bundle for $240.  I hooked up a 250GB external HD to it that I had laying around, which is way more storage than I'll ever use.  Its pretty much there to store demos and DLC for Mario Kart. 

I don't have the time to play two consoles anymore (married and have a baby now) and the PS4/XB1 are turning out to have the same library as the PC, although at higher prices and with a handful of exclusives.  Wii U is definitely the system to own this gen IMO, unless you're not into PC gaming or love PS/XB exclusives.  Two years in, and it now has a fantastic library of games -- Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, 101, Bayonetta 2, Kart, Smash, Tropical Freeze, Zombi U, Toad, Hyrule are 10 games that justify owning this system right now for any gamer.

I've shifted my collecting almost exclusively to N64 over the past six months -- NES was previously my main focus, but its just too expensive at this point.  Every lot I find online is mostly games I already have.  N64 is the last cart-based console and the complete library is only 296 games, so a complete collection is far more within reach than almost any other console.  The stuff listed above will probably fetch $100-$150 or less on eBay.  Common carts on N64 are worth about the same as commons on any other system, so like others have said, the value is in the Zelda, Starfox, Mario and Goldeneye carts.  Those alone will fetch about $80, most of the rest of the carts are in the $5 and less range.