Author Topic: Plug&Play  (Read 6823 times)

koemo1

PRO Supporter

Plug&Play
« on: November 05, 2014, 04:26:05 pm »
I just got a Spiderman Plug&Play made by Jakks Pacific, are those thing collectible or just junk nobody cares about?
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Plug&Play
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 04:56:03 pm »
Anything is collectible if you like it. But for the most part, they are pretty worthless.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 05:09:26 pm »
Anything is collectible if you like it.

That's a quote.  Well done.

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 07:34:41 pm »
I just got a Spiderman Plug&Play made by Jakks Pacific, are those thing collectible or just junk nobody cares about?

I've heard some of those have okay games for what they are. They even made some with interchangeable games at one point.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 07:59:00 pm »
I've heard that the Intellivision and Commodore 64 ones are worth a little.

BTW, I have that same Spider-Man one (as well as a Super Pac-Man one). It's been on my trade and sell lists for YEARS and nobody has even attempted to make an offer for it.

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 05:41:07 am »
I was thinking about these plug and plays the other day in regards to their category here. They're all jammed into the generic "other" category. Considering that there's probably hundreds of these things out there, including all the "flashback" machines,  and many of use have a few of them, surely they should have their own category.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 12:22:24 pm »
Yeah they should, konami, sega, capcom, atari, namco and Mb made them so they are a part of VG history
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 01:11:45 pm »
Basically anything is collectible.  I think more people are interested in collecting the actual games, so there probably isn't much of a real market for it.  Some of them can be kinda cool, and they would be a generally cheap collectible.  I see them around all the time.

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 01:44:00 am »
Speaking of plug and play... Does anyone know if the atari flashbacks are worth the money? I just recently saw that the are at atari flashback 4 I believe ... They keep coming out so they must be selling pretty well.. I just picked up a sega genesis one the other day.. It has like 80 games preloaded into it and wireless controllers...it looked neat so I picked it up ... Also got Intellivision flashback...  :)

maximo310

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 01:52:59 am »
Speaking of plug and play... Does anyone know if the atari flashbacks are worth the money? I just recently saw that the are at atari flashback 4 I believe ... They keep coming out so they must be selling pretty well.. I just picked up a sega genesis one the other day.. It has like 80 games preloaded into it and wireless controllers...it looked neat so I picked it up ... Also got Intellivision flashback...  :)
If you like those old games and would like to play them from time to time without worrying about carts+ has a decent price, I would pick one up. The atari flashbacks I've heard can be pretty good from personal experience and I'd like to get one for a family member sometime for christmas( I did give my Atari plug&play from '02 to my grandma last year and she's played it a few times since then). The genesis all in one consoles I wouldn't totally reccomend because of certain emulation issues, especially in sound, but if you're willing to deal with those issue then you should hold on to it.

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 11:38:50 pm »
If you like those old games and would like to play them from time to time without worrying about carts+ has a decent price, I would pick one up. The atari flashbacks I've heard can be pretty good from personal experience and I'd like to get one for a family member sometime for christmas( I did give my Atari plug&play from '02 to my grandma last year and she's played it a few times since then). The genesis all in one consoles I wouldn't totally reccomend because of certain emulation issues, especially in sound, but if you're willing to deal with those issue then you should hold on to it.

Actually got the sega one for my son for Xmas be cuz I didn't want him touching the carts just yet... He is only 7 yrs old he knows nothing about carts besides getting me to put them in so he can play... Intellivision flashback I got for myself... Once I see a good deal on an atari flashback I might get that also...

Thanks for the information

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 12:01:53 am »
I ended up with the sega one somehow. I don't hate. It's small and works. I've not taken care of my ears though. I can't hear little differences. I even thought St. Anger sounded fine.  8)

maximo310

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 12:37:01 am »

Actually got the sega one for my son for Xmas be cuz I didn't want him touching the carts just yet... He is only 7 yrs old he knows nothing about carts besides getting me to put them in so he can play... Intellivision flashback I got for myself... Once I see a good deal on an atari flashback I might get that also...

Yep no problem. I don't know if the newer sega genesis all in ones still have those problems since I last played one of the consoles from 2006 or so, so maybe the emulation has gotten better since then. I can understand how you'd want the flashbacks to protect the carts, since its a pretty cheap alternative with generally good emulation nowadays and makes sure those carts are safe as well!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 12:38:35 am »
You guys aren't wrong about them being a nice alternative to collecting for the full-on consoles. But there's better options for that with the compilation discs. Between Atari Anniversary, Intellivision Lives, and Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection you get all the games you would get on those respective plug-n-plays. (And if you have Activision Anthology, you can play a bunch of Atari games you can't get on the plug-n-play Ataris.)

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 12:47:25 am »

Yep no problem. I don't know if the newer sega genesis all in ones still have those problems since I last played one of the consoles from 2006 or so, so maybe the emulation has gotten better since then. I can understand how you'd want the flashbacks to protect the carts, since its a pretty cheap alternative with generally good emulation nowadays and makes sure those carts are safe as well!

Yes the carts must stay safe.. The kid is a little ruff house .. But I am sure when I let him he will be ok ... Just not yet .. I don't want to have to replace any karts or consoles because he didn't do something right.