Author Topic: fighterpilot562  (Read 1927 times)

bobster

fighterpilot562
« on: November 06, 2014, 08:13:26 pm »
Fighter mentioned in a thread that he had a messed up Zelda: Link's Awakening and that anyone who wanted to try and fix it could have it. I took him up on his offer. He was very communicative and overall awesome to deal with. His packaging of the game was super as well. I think he'll make an excellent addition to VGCollect  :D.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

davifus

Re: fighterpilot562
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 08:41:14 pm »
Fighter mentioned in a thread that he had a messed up Zelda: Link's Awakening and that anyone who wanted to try and fix it could have it. I took him up on his offer. He was very communicative and overall awesome to deal with. His packaging of the game was super as well. I think he'll make an excellent addition to VGCollect  :D.

So did you fix it?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

bobster

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 08:56:13 pm »

So did you fix it?
I did! I tried a thorough cleaning first, which didn't work. It turned out to be a corrupt save that was messing everything up whenever it tried to access SRAM. It'd just turn into a white screen except certain sprites. I was going to desolder the battery to clear the save, then I read that the Gameboy Game Shark has the option to erase RAM. Sure enough it did and that fixed it  ;D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

maximo310

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 09:27:13 pm »
Met up with him to trade some games for a Sega CD. It was a very easy trade despite the rain, and he's a pretty cool guy to talk to. I would recommend this guy for any purchases/trades and I look forward to doing business with him in the future.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 11:39:13 am »
Trade a few games for a game gear very understanding and was a quick trade.

maximo310

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 03:34:16 pm »
I almost forget about this : Fighter gave me a free case+ manual for The Terminator for the Sega CD. Thanks man!