Author Topic: Amiibo Samus VS Samus - Amiibo  (Read 2013 times)

jcalder8

Amiibo Samus VS Samus - Amiibo
« on: November 21, 2014, 11:09:49 pm »
Curious what others think. Should the name of the Character come first or should it be Amiibo. Right now the name of the Skylander character comes first and then Skylander figure appears after it. I think it should be uniform so should Amiibo come first then the character or should the character name come first like Skylanders.

Here are a couple of examples:

Amiibo Samus Aran: http://vgcollect.com/item/72065
Trigger Happy - Skylanders Giants: http://vgcollect.com/item/61694

So what do others think?

soera

Re: Amiibo Samus VS Samus - Amiibo
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 01:43:49 am »
Whats funny is I did all the Skylanders and the Amiibo. The difference in the two is the Skylanders kind of tie to the game they are paired with.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 08:16:21 pm »
As long as they have their own section in: Interactive Figurines, its okay :o
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

razorbeamz

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 04:13:41 am »
I think that it should be "Super Smash Bros. Amiibo - Samus" or something like that. Amiibos are planned to be released for multiple games.
My collection doesn't include my Steam or PSN games, just physical games.

karyann

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 11:10:17 am »
I think that it should be "Super Smash Bros. Amiibo - Samus" or something like that. Amiibos are planned to be released for multiple games.

The Amiibos will be compatible with multiple games, but they won't release a version for each game. They probably will release variants later on though, but we'll have to see in due time how they're called (e.g: "waves" in Skylanders).

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 12:56:38 pm »
Personally, it should be "Amiibo Figure - Samus", so that "Amiibo" shows up first in the search results, not to mention that we can add a (Mario Kart 8 ) or whatever exclusive Amiibo gets released.

EDIT: I'd really like to remain democratic about this sort of thing and just wait it out, but the edits are currently clogging up the updates feed (the system currently only allows for a page of about 20 or so at a time), so I can't let it go on the backburner for now. For now, the naming system will be "Amiibo Figure - [Character Name] (Identifier if necessary)", as it fits the search criteria better.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 01:05:31 pm by exonerator »

jcalder8

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 04:32:39 pm »
For me I think it is like putting the surname first. It is Link and he is an Amiibo not this is an Amiibo and it is Link. It doesn't really matter but right now it is different from all the Skylanders figures so those will all need to be changed so it is uniform.

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 09:48:28 pm »
For me I think it is like putting the surname first. It is Link and he is an Amiibo not this is an Amiibo and it is Link. It doesn't really matter but right now it is different from all the Skylanders figures so those will all need to be changed so it is uniform.

I'm calling it the latter of the two. Alphabetically it's better, it's in the Accessory category, and if you wanted to see all of the Amiibos, it'd be like the Bowser one would be on page 1, and the Zelda one would be on page 13. It's just wrong. Also, yeah, if the Skylanders ones aren't "Skylanders - *Skylanders Character*", they really should be.

razorbeamz

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 09:20:19 am »

The Amiibos will be compatible with multiple games, but they won't release a version for each game. They probably will release variants later on though, but we'll have to see in due time how they're called (e.g: "waves" in Skylanders).

You're mistaken. This set of Amiibos are for Smash only, and only do little things in other games. The box even has a Smash logo in the top left corner. These Amiibos are Super Smash Bros. Amiibos, regardless of if they release another version of Samus or not.
My collection doesn't include my Steam or PSN games, just physical games.

soera

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 09:53:45 am »
I went ahead and changed them all to first name - Amiibo figure. If (in the future) a change is needed to specify a game they are tied to, then that will happen.

soera

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 09:58:38 am »
if you wanted to see all of the Amiibos, it'd be like the Bowser one would be on page 1, and the Zelda one would be on page 13. It's just wrong. Also, yeah, if the Skylanders ones aren't "Skylanders - *Skylanders Character*", they really should be.

If you type "Amiibo" in the search engine, it pulls up the 30 entries by their selves. The thing with the Skylanders is there are 4 different games atm. Not every character works on every game (the older the character, the more universal they are). I changed the entries on the Amiibo to match the Skylanders. Once we get an "Accessory - Interactive figure" category in the database, it will all work out.

karyann

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 10:01:37 am »

You're mistaken. This set of Amiibos are for Smash only, and only do little things in other games. The box even has a Smash logo in the top left corner. These Amiibos are Super Smash Bros. Amiibos, regardless of if they release another version of Samus or not.

I think that "Super Smash Bros" is the name of that series of Amiibo. Since they work with other games, they are not exclusive only to the one that their design is based on. But if Smash is the series name, it's indeed relevant to add it to the database name, since it helps identify the series which the particular Amiibo is part of.

desocietas

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 11:14:22 am »

I think that "Super Smash Bros" is the name of that series of Amiibo. Since they work with other games, they are not exclusive only to the one that their design is based on. But if Smash is the series name, it's indeed relevant to add it to the database name, since it helps identify the series which the particular Amiibo is part of.

Something like "Amiibo (Super Smash Bros.) - Samus" or Amiibo - Samus (Super Smash Bros.) might work for any figures that are specifically identified for a particular title.  That way, in case they do release any variants (which is highly doubtful, but you never know), the figures will be organized together by sets and folks who are looking just for "Samus" will see the variants.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 11:50:40 am »
Right now, its "Samus Aran - Amiibo Figure". If it comes out in the future that another style of Samus comes out, I will adjust the original to be (just for an example) "Samus Aran - Amiibo Figure (Super Smash Bros)".

I really dont think that Nintendo plans to release characters for every game personally.

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2014, 11:59:11 am »
if you wanted to see all of the Amiibos, it'd be like the Bowser one would be on page 1, and the Zelda one would be on page 13. It's just wrong. Also, yeah, if the Skylanders ones aren't "Skylanders - *Skylanders Character*", they really should be.

If you type "Amiibo" in the search engine, it pulls up the 30 entries by their selves. The thing with the Skylanders is there are 4 different games atm. Not every character works on every game (the older the character, the more universal they are). I changed the entries on the Amiibo to match the Skylanders. Once we get an "Accessory - Interactive figure" category in the database, it will all work out.

We're still likely going to get duplicate entries from people who are too stupid to click search, and are just going by the dropdown search. It just looks wrong.