Author Topic: Where to put a "demo movie" ?  (Read 900 times)

tripredacus

Where to put a "demo movie" ?
« on: February 11, 2015, 02:14:09 pm »
Going through my demo pile, I came across something that is not really a demo. It is in the same packaging as the PS2 "longbox" demos (as in the cardboard packaging is the XY dimensions of a DVD case... rectangular) ... Has a barcode and P/N, says NOT FOR RESALE on it... but clearly says it is a DVD Movie.

So I can add it, no problem... but tell me if it should be in the "PlayStation 2 Demo" section, or if there is another section it should go. I searched and did not find it already in the database.

Jak and Daxter Trilogy NFR DVD Movie:

foxhack

Re: Where to put a "demo movie" ?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 02:48:28 pm »
Someone sold one of those on eBay for $70. :o

I found a variant which has a Jak X demo.

What does this have, just the movie? Does it work on a standard DVD player? Does it boot to a demo menu (or something similar) on a PS2? I saw that it has an SCUS code so it -should- go in Demos... but I have to be sure.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 02:51:27 pm by foxhack »

tripredacus

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 05:00:48 pm »
I put it in my computer DVD drive and it played as movie in Media Player. It had a short intro/logo scene and then went to a DVD menu that said "Play Movie" and "Extras." As for how it runs in a PS2, I'll have to test that out when I get home.

Regarding the part numberings, of all the Demos I've added over the past two days, I can say that not all of them have the SCUS prefix. For example, the Shadow of Rome is SLUS-29139. Of all the "longbox" sleeved games I have, it is the only one with SLUS. Most of the small, square shaped, sleeved demos use the SLUS prefix.

Interesting find about the price... I never bothered to research any of them other than photos. Being unreliable, I took most of the photos myself rather than spend hours researching for ones already online. EDIT: I can't find where it sold for $70 on Ebay. Last one I see sold for $1. :D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 05:05:00 pm by tripredacus »

foxhack

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 08:35:17 pm »
I put it in my computer DVD drive and it played as movie in Media Player. It had a short intro/logo scene and then went to a DVD menu that said "Play Movie" and "Extras." As for how it runs in a PS2, I'll have to test that out when I get home.

Regarding the part numberings, of all the Demos I've added over the past two days, I can say that not all of them have the SCUS prefix. For example, the Shadow of Rome is SLUS-29139. Of all the "longbox" sleeved games I have, it is the only one with SLUS. Most of the small, square shaped, sleeved demos use the SLUS prefix.

Interesting find about the price... I never bothered to research any of them other than photos. Being unreliable, I took most of the photos myself rather than spend hours researching for ones already online. EDIT: I can't find where it sold for $70 on Ebay. Last one I see sold for $1. :D

This one. It's an old listing, I don't know why eBay still has it up.

I didn't mean a specific code, by the way - I meant, it's got an official Sony product code (regardless of the first four letters). Bonus DVDs included with games during the PS2 era didn't usually get a Sony product code. Since it has one, I'm inclined to believe it has -something- that will run on a PS2. Could you pop it in your PC and check the disc? If it's got anything other than a VIDEO_TS folder it might be a proper PS2 demo.