Author Topic: Can we please lock some of the lists?!  (Read 1205 times)

Can we please lock some of the lists?!
« on: December 02, 2014, 02:08:29 am »
Can we please lock the official release lists on some of the older consoles?  Especially the ones that don't have many variants like the TurboGrafx-16 and Sega Master System. I went into SMS NA today for the first time in a long time and well.... now I'm posting this...

Re: Can we please lock some of the lists?!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 09:39:02 am »
Maybe to stop new entries but not for edits. We can always improve the data we have.  :)
At the same time new homebrews come out every year for old systems and every so often new variations are discovered.

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 02:37:24 pm »
Can we please lock the official release lists on some of the older consoles?  Especially the ones that don't have many variants like the TurboGrafx-16 and Sega Master System. I went into SMS NA today for the first time in a long time and well.... now I'm posting this...

I wish I could. OH I WISH I COULD. It would cut down on TONS OF DUPES.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 12:50:13 am »
Maybe to stop new entries but not for edits. We can always improve the data we have.  :)
At the same time new homebrews come out every year for old systems and every so often new variations are discovered.

I agree... Just new entries and not edits...

For the one offs we should have a MOD or someone add them after its verified. And I'm only talking official lists not homebrew or unofficial releases. Those should be separate sub categories of the console and region type.

The current method of allowing anyone to enter anything anywhere doesn't really make sense once a list is complete. We might need a policy around verifying it before it can be locked, but it would save a lot of headaches.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 01:02:31 pm »
This would be awesome and save a lot of headaches in the future I presume. I like the idea!

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 12:11:42 pm »
@fox did you ever ask Matt about this?

soera

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 12:28:18 pm »
Well, as far as locking the list, Im uncertain if Matt is doing that or not.

The SMS games that do not belong on the NA list are : Air Rescue, Asterix, Back to the Future II, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Bubble Bobble, Champions of Europe, Dragon Crystal, Forgotten Worlds, Klax, Land of Illusion, Lucky Dime caper, Master of Darkness, MERCS, Mortal Kombat, Ninja Gaiden, Sonic 2, Sonic Chaos, World cup Italia 90, World cup USA 94, Xenon 2.